Bloom Issues Master Thread

For anyone who has encountered Bloom issues or feel like something is too bright, please reply to this thread with the specific object or area, as well as your Graphics Settings.

If the Bloom issue is area-specific, please also include your Bug Report number. You can get a Bug Report number by using /bug.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Sep 21, 2020, 12:37:08 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2020, 3:18:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bloom should be an option and not forced. Give us the option to disable it. That's all we want.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
For anyone who has encountered Bloom issues or feel like something is too bright, please reply to this thread with the specific object or area, as well as your Graphics Settings.

If the Bloom issue is area-specific, please also include your Bug Report number. You can get a Bug Report number by using /bug.

How about an option to disable it instead of reporting every single instance that needs to be "improved"?

What the heck is going on with GGG

Edit: Also, "too bright" is entirely subjective. That depends on a player's monitor, their GPU, their eyes, etc. Lmao wtf
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Jul 15, 2020, 11:12:46 PM
1080, Bloom: Slight

Using a Flare:
Spoiler

Please replace this toxic white phosphorus flares with a conventional lightning source material.

The new VD visuals:
Spoiler

You can't see the ground or any ground effect at all.

Cremation Geyser brightness:
Spoiler

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 15, 2020, 11:39:40 PM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

How about you give us the option to just turn it off?

Delve flares are blinding. RX5700.
Such an odd thing to stand up for so hard.

From the thread on reddit, there are tons more examples I dont understand why it has to be specific instances that need to be listed by the community when there have been tons of complaints on the bug forums not only reddit about it. This is so similar to burning ground causing performance issues (that it got removed on console) that its a bit further concerning that much like then it feels/seems like a "We know better, just trust us." moment.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hrnhh9/simple_question_why_can_we_not_please_disable/fy5za9h/ which contains these three examples:

Spoiler
https://i.imgur.com/b0nY6VP.jpg no bloom

https://i.imgur.com/gGVNJ5S.png slight

https://i.imgur.com/KgGCUZ9.png normal

I dont know who is championing the necessity for bloom so hard within GGG but please look at any modern game where bloom is an option, not a forced setting.

I certainly agree bloom has to be an option to turn off, overly bright areas cause eye strain and will always make it harder to actually determine what is going on on the screen. Considering how dark you're making some areas, glaringly bright lights popping off like fireworks makes the zone difficult to navigate and pretty much nullifies the gloomy atmosphere your artists are trying to convey.
Visual clarity is a problem in Path of Exile, and bloom exacerbates this issue.

Bloom is a significant problem in Delve, all over the Frozen Hollow biome where the crawler lights and reflections from the ice frequently make it impossible to discern what's happening in an area around the crawler. Could be nothing, could be ten ice explosions - who's to tell!

/bug 3712593157
Last edited by twitticles on Jul 16, 2020, 12:24:09 AM
Windows 7, GTX1080, Directx11 renderer

This is how my hideout looked last league. NO BLOOM:

This is how it looks this league with "NORMAL" BLOOM:
bug#1.202.255.699

This is how it looks with "SLIGHT" BLOOM:

I understand the game isn't balanced around player hideouts, but in those last 2 images, the bloom is just way to much! Even the "slight" option still makes everything feel washed out and overly bright.

Last edited by Helioske on Jul 16, 2020, 12:51:10 AM
Please just let us disable bloom.

This doesn't have anything to do with specific bloom implementation issues in Path of Exile.

I turn bloom off in every game I play because it's obnoxious and painful to look at.

I do not want to wear sunglasses while playing this game.
Lightning wild strike is too bright in garden.

PLease just let us disable it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info