Bloom Issues Master Thread

"
IQof3 wrote:
So I decided to see how bad it is. Logged in and could only handle 5 maps before logging out after getting a f'n headache again ( I know stupid me for thinking otherwise). The bloom is so BAD I cant even see where my character is on the screen while using CoC Ice nova. I am not even going to attempt to see how bad delve is. The games graphics are getting worse instead of getting better. What a waste of a league because of a lousy setting.

Yeah, I’m with you in this. I stopped playing and I’m not even using a bright skill. I just start getting headaches and eye strain from this game after some minutes of play. I still have it installed so I can check any future changes but I guess it’s a no return for me if I can’t remove bloom.

Also, I don’t cope well with people that are wrong in their opinions but try to force them anyway.
Bloom simply sucks, it's just another issue of lazy coding done wrong.

Bug number 2 464 758 576
Graphical configuration:

[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=Radeon RX 570 Series(#0)
background_framerate_limit=30
background_framerate_limit_enabled=false
bloom_strength=1
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
camera_zrotation=true
directx_version=auto
dx11_antialias_mode=0
dx9_antialias_mode=0
dynamic_resolution_fps=15
framerate_limit=240
framerate_limit_enabled=false
fullscreen=false
global_illumination_detail=0
incursion_effect=true
light_quality=2
max_PS_shader_model=ps_vkn
max_VS_shader_model=vs_vkn
maximize_window=false
post_processing=false
renderer_type=Vulkan
resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920
screen_shake=FALSE
screen_shake_v2=false
screenspace_effects=2
screenspace_effects_resolution=2
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=0
use_dynamic_particle_culling=false
use_dynamic_resolution=false
vsync=false
vulkan_antialias_mode=0
water_detail=1
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/

Bloom from something is freaking out. Causes a blob of light to just bobble around my head like water. Interesting effect, that happens to fit my color scheme.. I believe it causes an eventual black box distortion at random times centered around my character. Unsure about that though.
Nvidia gforce gtx 1050ti
windowed full screen
Vulkan
Vsync enabled
Background fps cap 30

Other settings are in the screenshot.

EDIT
Blob will disappear randomly and this is the result. Blue lit horns "ARCANE HORNS HELMET ATTACHMENT" are now dim. Leading me to believe these are the issue.
Last edited by _Skall_ on Aug 16, 2020, 2:07:45 PM
I'm not sure if this is what bloom is but when I use cinderswallow flask the green burn effect turns into huge green squares on some maps. I don't have a screenshot but it's very annoying.

Also, would be awesome if you created new burning skill effects for purchase that would override cinderswallow. Not a huge fan of the green.
Delve is much better but the bloom STILL hurts my eyes......
Last edited by IQof3 on Aug 18, 2020, 11:37:53 PM
I found that the boss in map Basilica if too shining between stages after the recent update.
I am using GTX 1050 Ti, 800X600 windowed full screen, DirectX11.

It'd still be nice if Bloom Intensity could be lowered below 25%. The new extra granular slider is nice, but if the minimum value is unchanged than how is the granular slider supposed to please anyone complaining about the effect being too intense?

In any case, I still think Town Portals are still too awash in blue light.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 21, 2020, 8:10:42 AM
Support asked me to post this entire conversation in this thread (best read from bottom to top):

(I cannot post dxdiag and production_Config.ini here due to message size limit).

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In this case, could you please post this screenshot and any information you have here?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2906919

Our team are very interested in feedback on Bloom and brightness levels in game and this would extremely helpful for them. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,
Al
{#HS:1259425156-614102#}
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 8:02 PM NZST atlimar wrote:
> Character name: OverlyAttached_
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 8:02 PM NZST atlimar wrote:
>> I'm now on driver version 452.06 (latest). Restarted.
>>
>> Screenshot with Vulkan (same issue):
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 7:47 PM NZST, Technical Support <techsupport@grindinggear.com> wrote:
>>> Hey there,
>>>
>>>
>>> Thank you for getting back to us with that.
>>>
>>> If you have not done so already, it would be great if you could update your GPU driver to the most recent version. As it is very important that we attempt these troubleshooting steps while you are using the most up to date versions of your drivers.
>>>
>>> Once you have updated your drivers, would you please try using our Vulkan renderer and let us know whether that makes any difference? As this may give us a better understanding of what might be causing this.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't help, can you please provide us with the name of the character you are encountering this on?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Kane
>>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 7:20 PM NZST, atlimar wrote:
>>>> Another screenshot:
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Martin
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 7:15 PM NZST, atlimar wrote:
>>>>> Hi Kieran,
>>>>>
>>>>> I tend to keep my drivers up to date, there are some minor game/monitor specific updates, but nothing worth installing. I've experienced this kind of ingame effect for quite a long time regardless of what driver I've had installed.
>>>>>
>>>>> I honestly thought this is how the game is meant to look, are you saying that if you boot up PoE and summon a bunch of raging spirits they do not turn into a white blob on screen when they bunch up? It would be so nice to be able to see details in game again instead of just large areas of whiteout when effects overlap.
>>>>>
>>>>> Here is a screenshot from The Ledge with Dynamic Culling turned on: https://imgur.com/sDgB8rP
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Martin
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 12:16 PM NZST, Technical Support <techsupport@grindinggear.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi there,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for getting back to us.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Just to check, are there any more up-to-date drivers available for your GPU, and if so, does updating this help (I realise there may not be, as it appears you last updated last month)?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Does enabling Dynamic Particle Culling help with this at all?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>> Kieran
>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 4:40 AM NZST, atlimar wrote:
>>>>>>> Sure thing, here they are.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Martin
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 9:00 PM NZST, Technical Support <techsupport@grindinggear.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hey there,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks for getting in touch with us.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> In this situation we will need some additional information about your PC and client settings before we can provide any troubleshooting steps, and the best way to provide this will be for you to send us a Dxdiag report and your production_Config file!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Could you send through your production_config.ini file as an attachment? This is usually located in your Documents\My Games\Path of Exile directory?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Following this, could you also please follow these steps to generate a DxDiag for us?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Press the windows key + r on your keyboard to bring up the Run interface
>>>>>>>> Type dxdiag into the run dialogue box and press enter
>>>>>>>> When the dxdiag application starts up, press the Save All Information button in the bottom right and save the report to your desktop to email through to us
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Once we have this information, we can look into this further for you!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>> Al
>>>>>>>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:04 PM NZST, atlimar wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Hi GGG,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I believe that due to how bloom is handled, or maybe some other graphical effect, it is extremely easy to make the graphics in PoE "whiteout", where all texture details disappear and a completely white blob is displayed on the screen.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> For example, this is with 25% bloom and all other settings on max. While summoning Raging Spirits, if 3-4 of them stay in the same area it creates a completely white blob, with no details and no visibility of what is going on: https://imgur.com/a/yw6IBmj
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Other skill effects behave much the same. This is not great for a game that benefits from as much visual clarity as possible.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The snowy areas in the hideout towards the top left of the character (behind Alva/Navali) also lose almost all of their texture details due to the glowy effect they emit. In maps like Promenade it looks like someone put a grey filter on top of the entire map, removing contrast between shadows and highlights, washing out all details. I noticed this seems to be caused entirely by bloom.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> This can't possibly be intended, PoE is the only game I know of that applies these effects in such a heavy manner, and that also makes overlapping effects strengthen each other until all other graphics are completely obscured, creating the "whiteout" blobs even on the lowest bloom setting.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>> Martin

ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Last edited by atlimar on Aug 21, 2020, 11:20:29 AM
https://youtu.be/ehaGaYI57ZY

Got a big ol' fucked up torch in the Aspirant's Trial, reference number 2,281,732,078.

Geforce drivers version 445.87

Bloom 100%, 16x Anisotropic Filtering, DirectX11, all other settings default.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info