-

Maybe a 30ex budget. Good to know. The bows on poetrade look sick, so I wanted to know if it's worth picking up. So the trade off would be mapping speed but better boss dps? Just not sure what I should be looking at because theres varying bows on there.
"
Shakeem wrote:
Maybe a 30ex budget. Good to know. The bows on poetrade look sick, so I wanted to know if it's worth picking up. So the trade off would be mapping speed but better boss dps? Just not sure what I should be looking at because theres varying bows on there.

Look for a bow with these stats

Bow Attacks fire 2 additional Arrows
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems
+35% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
+40% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

Currently one on the market for 17ex. Ideally you want to replace the "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers" mod with attack speed but that's a big other process. If you wish to make it yourself and need some assistance, you could ask here or dm me.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
"
Shakeem wrote:

That's what I use, and it works perfectly well for everything I've thrown at it. (The speed mod on that is supposed to be IAS, except... just read my posts for the last two weeks, if my soreness hasn't properly yet been conveyed.) It's basically a 1ex base, with 1ex worth of alts, and something like 6ex worth of tablecrafts on it. If you want more focused DPS, you should get +DoTM instead of +2A, but I like the latter because if your gear is already high quality, you don't need the more focused DPS for mapping.

If you want extra IAS, it's trivial to craft 17%IAS jewels with an open prefix for either damage or life, depending on what you prefer; I use two of them and intend to add a third as soon as I fix my cluster jewels.
Deleted; doublepost.
Last edited by Shani on Aug 6, 2020, 11:09:47 PM
Yeah, i'd definitely be interested in learning how to craft one of these bows. But when removing "3 mods crafted" I would just augment a speed craft and hope for attack speed
"
Shakeem wrote:
Yeah, i'd definitely be interested in learning how to craft one of these bows. But when removing "3 mods crafted" I would just augment a speed craft and hope for attack speed

If you did manage to remove the 3 crafted mods mod successfully, you would aug speed and remove/add speed till you get T1 attack speed, yes. On average you would need about 20 remove/add speeds. So it will definitely go over 30ex on average.

Edit: You know what? Don't even try this speed shit man. I've spent about 60 ex on just rerolling speed on this bow and the best I've got is T2.

Edit2: I finally got T1 but easily spent over 100ex on this.

Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 7, 2020, 4:40:47 PM
Seems like a cruel endeavor if you're not lucky with the t1 aspeed roll. I bought one for fun (without the aspeed) and really felt it when mapping.
Yeah you can really feel the difference when mapping. Bossing will be a bit faster but personally, I spend way more time mapping so I'm always kinda iffy when it comes to crafted bows. And this is with me having attack speed on 6 jewels. I'm certain my crafted bow has the highest attack speed when it comes to the "perfect" TR crafted bows and even with that, I'm using the following belt for consistent increased attack speed
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 7, 2020, 6:51:54 PM
Don't forget that you can also sneak in something like a max of 40IAS through synthesized jewels... I just rolled a pretty monstrous 2%IAS/3%damage cluster.

...Of course, with my rolls, there's always a punchline.

Yeah you can do all this but the thing is you'd use the same setup for a Quill Rain too and the 3.05 base APS can't be beat by a 1.95(lower if you don't have the 8% IAS implicit) APS bow. Like no matter what, the crafted bow will feel slower in general mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info