-

"
iberdus wrote:
How much damage do you have? i play with Xibaqua and a HH too, 90chaos res, 8,8m dps with 5 overlapping pods and still cant farm t19 5 delirium orbs maps

7 overlapping pods, 20m chaos dot Sirus dps.
I like playing builds that can do every map mod.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 2, 2020, 9:36:52 AM
"
Do you still have your iron reflex armor focused POB around somewhere? Did it also have Xibaqua? Did it also use Quill/CJ setup? My main goal for rest of this league is to find something for 3.12 w/o using giga Harvest crafted items.
Don't have pob, but it's really easy to convert. You remove acro (and wind dancer), spec iron reflexes, then decide whether you wanna thread of hope for phase acro or skip it, and you definitely want a self-cast molten shell / vaal molten shell because you want to time it after you use your jade flask (and stibnite if you use one like witchfire brew), you want all the evasion / armor buffs before you pop molten shell so having it on cwdt is counter productive. I was linking it with increased duration because the shield rarely gets fully depleted in the short duration.

I didn't use Xibaqua but you can definitely use one, you can't slot it on point blank though because it will ruin Iron Reflexes afaik, so good spots would be Pain Attunement, Perfect Agony (but that will corrupt Method to the Madness and Revenge of the Hunted so not sure), Supreme Ego or Eternal Youth.

Xibaqua lowers elemental damage taken so I imagine it's a good complement to armor build. However I never did it because I was too lazy to cap chaos res and I wasn't doing super top end content (like full delirious map farming). But I think it's a good idea if you harvest craft all your gear it's easier to shuffle resists around. Resists are all tied to t1 seeds nothing really rare.

I never used Quill rain, no. I didn't play with Carcass either, first I played with Perfect Form for free phase acro, and then another time with Sporeguard because I wanted to test the explosions (they mostly help in delve imo) and extra anointment slot was cool too. Since Carcass is Evasion + ES base I don't see why wouldn't you be able to play with it, Sporeguard for example is armor + ES base. Evasion bases are slightly better than armor bases for Iron Reflexes because ranger starter nodes increase evasion which then gets converted to armor, but it doesn't increase something that already starts as armor.

About 3.12, GGG said it's gonna be a "big league" so no idea if there are any reworks inbound or new crafting methods, or atlas changes, etc. But toxic rain was viable before harvest and before cluster jewels and I don't think GGG would want to kill the skill, it's pretty balanced imo, requires investment to get good damage, even with investment doesn't reach the level of 1-shotting bosses contrary to mirror tier melee or wanders, doesn't clear 3 screens in 1 click contrary to builds that can "prolif" like herald of ash / herald of ice / poison prolif builds. The only thing it's consider superior at is levelling and tbh that rather shows how crap are all the other skills at it.
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
"
Shani wrote:
"
Mazino_Urek wrote:
I should purchase speed seeds in bulk to finish this.

I can only wish you the best of luck in that endeavor. I was checking how much I've spent on making my bow so far... I've spent over 20ex on Thornweaver seeds, either in purchase price or value that I've dropped myself.

On the bright side, I've hit T1 Increased Projectile Speed 4 times so far. (Kill me now.)

Yeah I definitely need some luck but I kinda have to go all in cause all I'm missing is the attack speed for the "perfect" bow.
Also on a side note, why did you not go for the 35 dot multi on yours?

Practical considerations: I was trying to get that, but I rolled +2arrows and decided it was a such an annoyingly rare suffix, useful, and it'd have some value in future builds so I kept it. Also, my DPS right now is at the 'good enough' point that I have better places to invest my comparatively limited resources since I don't really boss. I can't fight Sirus since my system likes to spaz out on him, and everything else is more dialogue/invul phase than combat already. (Gotten something like 60 carries on him since league start...)

Instead, I've been putting my resources into monster AoE for fun... PoB reports a projectile count of 16 and AoE of 35. (36 once I switch to Arcane Surge belt enchant.) Sure, aGMP actually lowers my aggregate DPS, but I can hit Oriath when aiming at Wraeclast.
Last edited by Shani on Aug 2, 2020, 11:39:41 AM
So I just made an interesting pair of boots and I'm wondering if there's any good way to fully take advantage of it...

Specifically, I'm looking at that Increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments. At first, my mind went to Skitterbots, but that shouldn't work as the shock is being applied by a separate entity. Then I thought about CWDT+Shock Nova, but as a friend pointed out, "With those boots, when are you going to take damage?" Then I looked at Vinktar's, but that's a whiff of a selection too, as it'll be a 14% increase, but with an uptime of about 35%... unless I'm in an area with a lot of lightning damage, I'll be better served with a Bottle of Faith or a Silver Flask with IAS with 100% uptime.

(And obviously, the answer is 'remove it and put something else on', but...)
Last edited by Shani on Aug 5, 2020, 5:33:22 AM
Remove it and put something else on. Honestly just vendor cause 30% ms :^)
I have put my Wither totem 4L into Elder boots with the Socketed gems are supported by level 15 Increased Duration.

It does not increase totem duration but increases the wither effect duration.

This elder affix has also a skill effect duration increase component, iirc 10-15%.
Last edited by Eti88 on Aug 6, 2020, 2:11:26 AM
"
Eti88 wrote:
I have put my Wither totem 4L into Elder boots with the Socketed gems are supported by level 15 Increased Duration.

It does not increase totem duration but increases the wither effect duration.

This elder affix has also a skill effect duration increase component, iirc 10-15%.

Yeah I checked this mod out early in the league and couldn't really find a use for the lvl 15 increased duration as we link cwdt and vaal haste/grace to a 20/20 inc duration support. The 15% increased skill effect duration is not a bad damage increase though.
Are there any crafted bows that can compete with Quill Rain Fire additional arrow that isn't mirror worthy? Just wanted to try something new, but don't know if I would just be wasting my time.
"
Shakeem wrote:
Are there any crafted bows that can compete with Quill Rain Fire additional arrow that isn't mirror worthy? Just wanted to try something new, but don't know if I would just be wasting my time.

How budget are we talking? Because QR+1 is dependent on the CJ+...3?, which makes it like a 25ex setup. The +3 Bows, on the other hand, are like 6ex. (Plus 40ex to fail to get T1 IAS.)
Last edited by Shani on Aug 6, 2020, 9:54:42 PM
"
Shakeem wrote:

Crafted bows this league can easily compete. The trade off is the attack speed. Unless you have a good crafted bow, your mapping will most definitely be slower cause of the sheer difference in aps. I've had a few people ask me privately if I used a different single target skill for mapping like CA cause they said TR felt too slow and all of them had cheap crafted bows so they felt the need to use another skill to get faster map clear.
Last edited by Mazino_Urek on Aug 6, 2020, 10:18:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info