-

I've finalized my mf-version of the build as a raider for now and already played it for a couple of days. Overall i am satisfied with it's performance, but there are a few things i am not too sure about and need your help, guys.

I am satisfied with my single-target and survivability. The mana gained on hit jewels are working really well, so i've got no issues with mana at all. I got 7k life, really high evasion/dodge, positive regular chaos-resistance and max for chaos over time. I can substain life with the life gained on hit, as well. So that's all fine.

What i'd like to enhance is my clear speed for really hard delirium maps.

Here is my current setup:

My questions:

1) Cluster Jewels: I think i am missing unspeakable gifts explosions for clear, but it's rather hard to install without losing a lot of increased aoe. Megalomaniac has been a great idea of arciinus, but sadly it's not that easy to get a decent one with Unspeakable Gifts. Any ideas or advices?

2) Weapon Enchantment: I am not too sure, if i should switch to increased aoe instead of attack speed, because i am still not too sure about the breakpoints of the overlaps and i can't find any sources to help. Any ideas or advices?

3) Second 6-Link: The idea behind the 6-link in the body armour is to assist with clear speed and to my suprise it does work pretty well to be honest. I do clear maps significantly faster with keeping the mirage archer up, but nevertheless i am not too sure, if it's the best solution or if i losing a lot of potential here. Any ideas or advices?
Last edited by basta1982 on Mar 28, 2021, 2:48:19 AM
"
1) Cluster Jewels: I think i am missing unspeakable gifts explosions for clear, but it's rather hard to install without losing a lot of increased aoe. Megalomaniac has been a great idea of arciinus, but sadly it's not that easy to get a decent one with Unspeakable Gifts. Any ideas or advices?

2) Weapon Enchantment: I am not too sure, if i should switch to increased aoe instead of attack speed, because i am still not too sure about the breakpoints of the overlaps and i can't find any sources to help. Any ideas or advices?

3) Second 6-Link: The idea behind the 6-link in the body armour is to assist with clear speed and to my suprise it does work pretty well to be honest. I do clear maps significantly faster with keeping the mirage archer up, but nevertheless i am not too sure, if it's the best solution or if i losing a lot of potential here. Any ideas or advices?

1. A Dying Sun to replace one of your utility flasks can help replace the aoe that broadside gives should you choose to switch cluster jewels. It's also an improvement to general map clear.

2. AOE breakpoints for TR are in increments of 5 starting at 20 aoe for 4 arrow overlap, and then 25 for 5 arrows, and then 30 for 6, and so on. This only applies to single target damage tho. More arrows will always be better for general clear.

3. I'm assuming you're asking if it's better to place your tr setup in your chest than in your bow? If that's the case I would personally put it in your bow for more gem levels. Mirage archer is indeed a big QOL and arguably it's better than anomalous efficacy damage-wise in a few cases. Also, I suggest you use void manipulation instead of efficacy, it's more damage :) Efficacy is only there to replace mirage archer if you choose to have more upfront damage than QOL.
Last edited by ComfyExo on Mar 28, 2021, 3:16:10 AM
"
ComfyExo wrote:
1. A Dying Sun to replace one of your utility flasks can help replace the aoe that broadside gives should you choose to switch cluster jewels. It's also an improvement to general map clear.

Yeah, already thought about dying sun, but i am not a huge fan of it, because i can't substain it in longer bossfights as i am not playing pathfinder. I know i've been asking about improvements for mapping, but i basically want to improve my clear without giving too much away for bossing and i don't want to switch any gear.

"
ComfyExo wrote:
2. AOE breakpoints for TR are in increments of 5 starting at 20 aoe for 4 arrow overlap, and then 25 for 5 arrows, and then 30 for 6, and so on. This only applies to single target damage tho. More arrows will always be better for general clear.

So it's like..

4 arrow overlap - 20% inc. aoe total
5 arrow overlap - 45% inc. aoe total
6 arrow overlap - 75% inc. aoe total
7 arrow overlap - 110% inc. aoe total
8 arrow overlap - 150% inc. aoe total
9 arrow overlap - 195% inc. aoe total

..right? If that's the case i got all 7 arrow overlapping for the main-setup, which would be perfect. I would have 20% more increased aoe there, than i need, though. Sadly not 25%, which would solve the cluster-problem. If i'd change to the aoe-enchantment i would get another 7% aoe, so 27% in total and i could switch to one unspeakable-gifts instead of broadsided. Is this correct?

"
ComfyExo wrote:
3. I'm assuming you're asking if it's better to place your tr setup in your chest than in your bow? If that's the case I would personally put it in your bow for more gem levels. Mirage archer is indeed a big QOL and arguably it's better than anomalous efficacy damage-wise in a few cases. Also, I suggest you use void manipulation instead of efficacy, it's more damage :) Efficacy is only there to replace mirage archer if you choose to have more upfront damage than QOL.

No, i'll use the mainsetup in the bow anyways, because of the high-skill-modifiers. The question is more like, if it's a huge waste to use two TR-Setups like me instead of one TR-Setup and one "Damage-Amplifier"-setup like described in the guide.
Last edited by basta1982 on Mar 28, 2021, 7:39:43 AM
"
Yeah, already thought about dying sun, but i am not a huge fan of it, because i can't substain it in longer bossfights as i am not playing pathfinder. I know i've been asking about improvements for mapping, but i basically want to improve my clear without giving too much away for bossing and i don't want to switch any gear.

Gear wise, I can't say much since your quant and rarity mods are there for a reason, so certain offensive mods are out of the question. I can suggest replacing your chest gems with remi's setup for blast rain for wither stacks. But if you prefer wither totem setup, skitterbots in your helm's 4th slot is a good dmg boost with shock. Blood Rage, Divergent Smoke Mine and Anomalous Lightning Golem supported by enhance 4 gives a lot of attack and movement speed and frenzy charges, although blood rage can only give attack speed and no frenzy charges in boss fights like sirus. All these give plenty of QOL in mapping and a bit in bossing as you'll be zooming and attacking even faster.

"
..right? If that's the case i got all 7 arrow overlapping for the main-setup, which would be perfect. I would have 20% more increased aoe there, than i need, though. Sadly not 25%, which would solve the cluster-problem. If i'd change to the aoe-enchantment i would get another 7% aoe, so 27% in total and i could switch to one unspeakable-gifts instead of broadsided. Is this correct?

Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to POB aoe under radius. Every 5 points gives an additional overlap. So since you have 9 arrows right now in your setup, with 20 aoe in pob, 4 out of 9 will overlap in damage. With 25 aoe in pob, 5 out of 9 will overlap, and so on with 30, 35, etc. So almost always in every tr setup out there, people will only ever get 5 or 6 arrow overlap because anything beyond that is either too hard to get in gear or just plain unnecessary as it might affect your overall damage getting too much aoe.

"
No, i'll use the mainsetup in the bow anyways, because of the high-skill-modifiers. The question is more like, if it's a huge waste to use two TR-Setups like me instead of one TR-Setup and one "Damage-Amplifier"-setup like described in the guide.

Yes it's a waste :) Just use your bow setup and replace your chest gems with the ones I mentioned in the first paragraph, and then some. If you really love mirage archer and can't bear to part with it, just replace efficacy with it. Upfront damage to bosses from you is lowered, but in the end you'll practically deal the same amount of damage with the MA constantly DPSing.
"
ComfyExo wrote:
"

Sorry I forgot to mention I was referring to POB aoe under radius. Every 5 points gives an additional overlap. So since you have 9 arrows right now in your setup, with 20 aoe in pob, 4 out of 9 will overlap in damage. With 25 aoe in pob, 5 out of 9 will overlap, and so on with 30, 35, etc. So almost always in every tr setup out there, people will only ever get 5 or 6 arrow overlap because anything beyond that is either too hard to get in gear or just plain unnecessary as it might affect your overall damage getting too much aoe.

this is not a rule of law or something. its just an estimation.
another estimation is 50% increased area of effect for each additional projectile. i find this estimation to be closer to reality and unreliable tests, however.
its just extremely difficult to actually test or know, given the randomness of the pods landing locations.

for instance, my deadeye has 9(11 with flask) arrows fired, but also has +216%(241 flask) inc aoe, and PoB says my radius is 33. by your estimation that should give me 6 pod overlap but i almost always can witness 7 with at times having 8 overlap.

if TR has 2-3 pods out of the base 5 giving overlap with zero aoe, that means 50% would boost to 3-4, 100% to 4-5, 150 to 5-6, 200 to 6-7, 250 to 7-8 and thats whereabouts i fit in.
but again there is a randomness to it. sometimes it only looks like i have 5 overlapping, sometimes upwards of 9. i'd say my guaranteed average is 6, safe average is 7. i'd personally calculate my own PoB as having 7 overlap.

there is just no hard numbers to push guaranteed breakpoints with toxic rain
Someone asks a question, which mod is better in the bow?

35% Damage over time multiplier or Bow attacks fire 2 additional arrow?
Last edited by Alkatraz_BR on Mar 29, 2021, 9:52:48 AM
"
Alkatraz_BR wrote:
I'd take the damage because most cases people have more arrows than overlap anyway. Especially if you have +1 arrow quiver and helmet enchant (you can also use dying sun for +2 / +3 extra arrows - second one with +50% flask effectiveness). More arrows mostly help in mapping where you can swap the flask in (or use weapon swap with caustic arrow + arrow nova for even bigger coverage).

35% dot multi is a alot especially if you don't have dot multi on medium clusters or quiver. You can always use tr calculator to check how much it's worth to you.
"
xMustard wrote:

this is not a rule of law or something. its just an estimation.
another estimation is 50% increased area of effect for each additional projectile. i find this estimation to be closer to reality and unreliable tests, however.
its just extremely difficult to actually test or know, given the randomness of the pods landing locations.

for instance, my deadeye has 9(11 with flask) arrows fired, but also has +216%(241 flask) inc aoe, and PoB says my radius is 33. by your estimation that should give me 6 pod overlap but i almost always can witness 7 with at times having 8 overlap.

if TR has 2-3 pods out of the base 5 giving overlap with zero aoe, that means 50% would boost to 3-4, 100% to 4-5, 150 to 5-6, 200 to 6-7, 250 to 7-8 and thats whereabouts i fit in.
but again there is a randomness to it. sometimes it only looks like i have 5 overlapping, sometimes upwards of 9. i'd say my guaranteed average is 6, safe average is 7. i'd personally calculate my own PoB as having 7 overlap.

there is just no hard numbers to push guaranteed breakpoints with toxic rain

I'd like to know how you'd know you got 8-9 overlaps.

If you are just looking by pure naked eye then that's completely false.

My method of testing is using golden rule with 100% accuracy and 100% poison chance, so I'd know how many overlap I will be getting when I fire my TR by looking at the poison stacks on myself.

Also I want to make stuff clear, when I meant by 6 arrows with 30 radius, it means that you can hit 6 overlaps 100% time with 30 radius, so when you have around 28+ radius, your chance of hitting 6 overlaps is estimate on 80% chance, which means you techically can hit 6 overlaps even below 30 radius. So for your 33r, you technically can hit 7 overlaps.

That's your misunderstanding by looking at the table though. If you read the calculator it's different.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Mar 30, 2021, 12:32:54 AM
"
Alkatraz_BR wrote:
Someone asks a question, which mod is better in the bow?

More arrows are useless for single target damage without aoe
some proof here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0umDmm4hzCE&t=2s&ab_channel=Remicaster
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Mar 30, 2021, 12:24:06 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
I'd like to know how you'd know you got 8-9 overlaps.

So for your 33r, you technically can hit 7 overlaps.

i never said i have a consistent 8-9 overlaps. i said i have 7 most of the time. sometimes 8 and sometimes even as high as 9.
but also sometimes as low as 5.

it can be all over the place but majority will be something. with my build, 7.

my main point is, like i said, there are no set breakpoints. its all an estimation and even that has randomness because of where the pods land.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info