-

"
ffritzell wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

By the way, I feel like the damage is too low for end-game bosses, especially witnessed by Maven. What should I focus on improving first?

ps: PoB says my Toxic Rain has a radius of 28, is that good?

My personal experience with this build after having killed everything in the game now is that the damage is quite low considering the investment. The fact that the sustain for this build is also quite bad does not really help it either.

My tip for you is to go Deadeye if you can manage to craft some -mana cost on rings to fix your mana problems. Deadeye provides such a large boost to your damage that it's stupid not to go that ascendancy when you have the option to. Just going deadeye will boost your damage by ~50%.

Your radius is good for 5 pods.

I started my TR build as Deadeye, played to 93. I'm playing SSF so without Carcass Jack it's too hard to reach 25 aoe. 3x MAs are great for Maven arena but for rituals, it's rough 50% of time in my experience, because rituals can spawn in places that make it hard to get 3 MAs up, and don't get me started on rituals that disable movement skills.
"
NexiieQT wrote:
"
ffritzell wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

By the way, I feel like the damage is too low for end-game bosses, especially witnessed by Maven. What should I focus on improving first?

My personal experience with this build after having killed everything in the game now is that the damage is quite low considering the investment. The fact that the sustain for this build is also quite bad does not really help it either.

My tip for you is to go Deadeye if you can manage to craft some -mana cost on rings to fix your mana problems. Deadeye provides such a large boost to your damage that it's stupid not to go that ascendancy when you have the option to. Just going deadeye will boost your damage by ~50%.

Your radius is good for 5 pods.

I started my TR build as Deadeye, played to 93. I'm playing SSF so without Carcass Jack it's too hard to reach 25 aoe. 3x MAs are great for Maven arena but for rituals, it's rough 50% of time in my experience, because rituals can spawn in places that make it hard to get 3 MAs up, and don't get me started on rituals that disable movement skills.

So it's just a change of ascendancy? No need to tinker with passive tree?
Do you have a PoB I can follow?

I honestly think I should just ditch Ranger and go Trickster at this point...
In Heist I was doing double the damage AND had better survivability ON TOP OF not requiring mana flask piano as Trickster for the amount of investment I did on this Pathfinder...
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Jan 25, 2021, 5:06:22 AM
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

Will I have to make any changes to passive tree if I go deadeye? Also what nodes would I pick with deadeye if I choose that route?

The passive tree for both Pathfinder and Deadeye is generally exactly the same considering you don't really pick any flask nodes anyways as Pathfinder with this attack.

As for what Deadeye Ascendancies you should pick. The only one that actually does something for toxic rain are Gathering Winds Wind Ward, Occypying Force and Endless Munitions. It is Occypying Force that is the massive boost to your damage. One MA is roughly a 28% dps increase, 3 MA's is such an incredible boost to your damage that it blows everything else out of the water. The perma tailwind is also really nice with its 8-20% more attack speed.

The good thing with Deadeye is that you actually don't lose any defence by going it. I would even say that you improve your defences as Wind Ward is simply better than the defences you gain from pathfinder.

One thing you have to fix first is your mana. Deadeye has mana problems with Toxic Rain and the only way to fix it is to get max rank -mana cost crafts and/or the clarity watcher's eye.
IGN: Lindon
"
ffritzell wrote:

The good thing with Deadeye is that you actually don't lose any defence by going it. I would even say that you improve your defences as Wind Ward is simply better than the defences you gain from pathfinder.

One thing you have to fix first is your mana. Deadeye has mana problems with Toxic Rain and the only way to fix it is to get max rank -mana cost crafts and/or the clarity watcher's eye.

I want to clarify one thing with this statement

The LESS damage taken is incredibly diminished because we are stacking defenses such as fortify and such. In the end you will get a total ele damage taken of 0.11 (with fortify, 10 galeforce, wind dancer, assuming capped res, no max res). But what if you got hit? You are back to 0.2 ele damage taken (with fortify).

What if there's no fortify? You're on a 0.14 ele damage taken, and if you get it all of that is just gone. Back to 0.25 damage taken, no mitigation at all against multiple hits.

How about Pathfinder? You have ailment immunity so that's something nice to have (immune to shock etc), but PF has a 6% REDUCED ele damage taken which is not conditional. With fortify + wind dancer and Nature's boon, that's 0.15 damage taken, and if hit recently it is 0.19 damage taken, tankier than deadeye with fortify up.

You could test it out at the PoB fairly easily.

You could also use the mark to get some additional defenses, but the mark is just limited to rare and unique monsters. Deadeye only excels at mitigating one shots, but not shotguns / swarms, in fact it is generally more squishy since the defenses are very conditional on deadeye. And I'd say 80% of the deaths aren't because of one shots, it is mostly of multiple hits under quick succession.

My point is to prevent people from getting false hope that deadeye is extremely super tanky. Yes it can be with the right setup, but it is not as good as you think.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealCalmEagleTwitchRaid

Here's something I did with Sirus, could prove the tankiness I guess
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jan 25, 2021, 5:40:19 AM
How are y'all maintaining 100% uptime on your hybrid flask w/ pure regen? I get 7 charges every 3 seconds (so have over 100% additional flask charge regen) and can keep up the mana + health flask no prob but can't seem to get 100% up time with the dam hybrid flask.

For reference, I'm running Brewed for Potency x3, Spiked Concoction, Druidic Rite, Profane Chemistry, Arcane Chemistry, Primal Spirit, and 19% increased flask charges gained on my belt.

This setup already feels a bit overkill on flasks but still isn't enough to get that hybrid flask up all the time during longer boss fights (looking at you Sirus).
"
NexiieQT wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
I really hate the constant mana flask spamming, is there a way to sustain Toxic Rain without doing so?

Should I just level a Trickster instead? Since 99% of the gear besides Quill Rain is the same.

-mana cost rings, which limits the gear you could look for and potentially lowers your dps because you can't go for a +2 amulet, have to spare it for a -mana cost craft.

Else you can't do no regen maps without swapping mana flask in either

Is two -9 mana cost on the rings and a replica conqueror efficiency + clarity for flat mana regen not enough to sustain without mana flask? You only sacrifice 2 prefixes on rings (not big deal) and a jewel slot and a bit of mana reservation.

Have to know how to maintain your mana multiplier on TR. Currently I am sitting on 32 mana cost, and that not gonan be solved by 2 -mana cost rings on top of repplica conqueror's efficiency. Clarity could be a possible fix for it but no regen immediately disables it.

The idea of mine is that you just keep your mana flask, but you can flex rings stats so you don't have to specifically look for a ring with life and other stats you need with open prefix, and waste a jewel slot for more dmg and survivability. The investment needed to sustain mana is just not worth it imo
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
NexiieQT wrote:

Is two -9 mana cost on the rings and a replica conqueror efficiency + clarity for flat mana regen not enough to sustain without mana flask? You only sacrifice 2 prefixes on rings (not big deal) and a jewel slot and a bit of mana reservation.

If you're using Quill Rain then it won't be enough -mana cost to break even. This is one reason why (in my opinion) Quill Rain is not that good mid to late-game as it inflates your mana cost/sec by a fairly large margin.
"
MillenniumDH wrote:

https://pastebin.com/URcHehBH

I don't know, I still haven't unlocked the max tier of mana cost craft.

Here is your stats look like

Your problem is lacking of DoT. You could IMMEDIATELY know the reason why you might be lacking dps

This is assuming you only fired for 2 seconds then move, and that is basically your DPS. This is because the duration wasn't fully accounted in and you are ramping up damage, if you break the ramping up you WILL lose damage.

How to fix it? Get more DoT multi gear and gem levels if possible. If you compare it with my total DoT, it is at 48k, while you are sitting at 37k. I have 1 million damage more than you, even we have identical gears.

Is this craftable in any way?
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

[Windward VS Pathfinder text]

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealCalmEagleTwitchRaid

Here's something I did with Sirus, could prove the tankiness I guess

Yes, for a very large amount of hits recieved instantly, Wind Ward will be worse as it will not actually do much. I would however argue that it is not multi-hit things that kills you most of the time. As this type of arguments are solely based on anecdotal evidence there is not much to really discuss here though.

As to your clip of tanking Sirus: You would actually take less damage from his multi-hit beam if you were a Deadeye.
Assuming no + max res then you would roughly take 5326 damage from his multi-hit as a pathfinder if all beams dealt their maximum damage. For a Deadeye you would take 4869 damage if the first beam was physical or 5059 damage if the first was elemental.

I will agree that the ailment immunity is a nice thing to have as it's easier to build your character around it. However not having immunity to ailments is not something that is hard to play around. You just have to actively think about it.
Last edited by ffritzell on Jan 25, 2021, 6:42:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info