-

"
ImSoWet wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
ImSoWet wrote:
Might be a dumb question but why do you have 6 overlapping pods in POB with only 25 aoe radius? Shouldn't 25 gives only 5 overlapping or Im missing something? Thank you for the great guide :)

Are you looking at the lvl 98 tree, cus that is what my config set for (and it is a radius of 27). If you doubt the true dps you can just slot into the calculator and see the final result

Yes I am looking at the lvl 98 tree and no I have no doubt at all. Was just curious because I thought 6 overlapping needs 30 aoe radius, so with 27 we can have 6 overlap just not all the time?

Pob cant directly set overlap to your radius, so that's pretty much the reason. Why not 25? Because it was set before the 15% more on ascendancy.

If you felt like i am baiting damage, actually no the damage increase is just at most 1 mil

Edit: That PoB is with real gear, not theorycrafted gear
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Jan 14, 2021, 6:36:01 PM
"
BigBrainZane wrote:
Hey friends, for those who were interested in deadeye but had some concerns about "it might be a nuisance to keep 3x mirage archer up and it will be too much downtime that could have been better spent attacking and ultimately leads to a loss in dps". I just wanted to say that mirage archer procs on hit when your arrows land, and also when your pods explode. If you spam toxic rain for 2 seconds you will summon a mirage archer where you stand, and can then quickly double dash and you will almost certainly summon a mirage archer in both dash locations without even having to attack again due to arrows landing on target and the huge number of pod explosions.

I'm not saying "DEADEYE HANDS DOWN NUMBER ONE ENDGAME TOXIC RAIN ASCENDANCY", but it is most certainly a good FAST starter imo with EARLY/FREE tailwind and +2 proj. Even if you can only get aoe to fully benefit from 1 extra proj on single target, the second will still help your clear speed, which is oh I don't know.. 90 percent of the game? Lol. Not to mention you will be basically permanently taking 30% less damage due to giga fast attack speed/double dash stacking wind ward ultra fast.

On paper deadeye certainly seems to be designed as a sustain (with MA) that works better for a longer period of fights. Though it doesnt help on instant phasing bosses, and losing the "autobomer archer on your head" could slightly reduce clear speed. I see deadeye as a tanky ascenancy? Here's why
-wind ward, 30% less
-sniper mark + mark ascendancy, 25% less
-foritfy from hardened, 25% less
-oenitent mask, about totallimg to 30% roughly
-wind dancer
-kintsugi
-divine flesh
-enduring composure + immortal call

Seems like a damn tanky ascendancy, but losing a lot of damage, but able to sustain thanks to sniper's mark.

But this is just speculation, dont take my word for it.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
klistier wrote:

Thanks guys! How early should I try to get the cluster jewels?

I'll be farming harvest for my cluster jewel mods as it was super easy in Harvest. We'll see how easy it is in Ritual.

Check the spoiler below - Remi has a fantastic write up in the FAQ of this guide for gear improvements.

Spoiler
First of all, get Quill Rain. Quill Rain is cheap, +1 Arrow corruption is not mandatory, so instead, get a 6 linked Quill Rain if possible early on. Even then a 4 linked Quill Rain should carry you through the whole 10 acts. Carcass Jack is also important as more overlap = more single target damage.

During leveling, make sure to level your gems offhand. To do that, equip 2 melee weapons / wands on your offhand slot (default key X), make sure all of the sockets are green colored, then socket all of them with Toxic Rain. When the gem reaches level 20, corrupt them with Vaal Orb and hope for level 21 Toxic Rain to appear.

After you have those 2 gear, rest of them can be filled. +1 Arrow Toxic Rain enchantment on devotos is not mandatory too, so you can just get a devoto devotion. Rest of the gear can be filled with rares with life and resistances.

Your first "bridge" will be - 6l Quill rain, Devotos (for faster clearing and more damage, if you want more survivability, use starkonja or a rare helmet with phys taken as fire and high life) and carcass jack.

After that, prioritize your amulet as hardened scars is important and you don't want to waste a golden oil on a trash amulet. +1 Dex > +1 chaos, try to look for DoT multi on the amulet if possible. After getting amulet, get DoT quiver and DoT gloves. After that, get Thread of Hope, allocation is specified in jewels section.

With all of that set, you start to move onto Cluster jewels. Focus on the first set of cluster jewel first. Look for Tempered Arrowheads and Broadside and again, 8 passives, NOT 9 OR 10. After having a large cluster jewel up, get 2 mediums and 2 basic jewels. Make sure to follow and buy the appropriate cluster jewel and basic jewel given on the jewels section.

If you are having survivability issues, you are recommended to prioritize anoint Hardened Scars on your amulet.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
BigBrainZane wrote:
Hey friends, for those who were interested in deadeye but had some concerns about "it might be a nuisance to keep 3x mirage archer up and it will be too much downtime that could have been better spent attacking and ultimately leads to a loss in dps". I just wanted to say that mirage archer procs on hit when your arrows land, and also when your pods explode. If you spam toxic rain for 2 seconds you will summon a mirage archer where you stand, and can then quickly double dash and you will almost certainly summon a mirage archer in both dash locations without even having to attack again due to arrows landing on target and the huge number of pod explosions.

I'm not saying "DEADEYE HANDS DOWN NUMBER ONE ENDGAME TOXIC RAIN ASCENDANCY", but it is most certainly a good FAST starter imo with EARLY/FREE tailwind and +2 proj. Even if you can only get aoe to fully benefit from 1 extra proj on single target, the second will still help your clear speed, which is oh I don't know.. 90 percent of the game? Lol. Not to mention you will be basically permanently taking 30% less damage due to giga fast attack speed/double dash stacking wind ward ultra fast.

On paper deadeye certainly seems to be designed as a sustain (with MA) that works better for a longer period of fights. Though it doesnt help on instant phasing bosses, and losing the "autobomer archer on your head" could slightly reduce clear speed. I see deadeye as a tanky ascenancy? Here's why
-wind ward, 30% less
-wind dancer
-kintsugi
-divine flesh

Seems like a damn tanky ascendancy, but losing a lot of damage, but able to sustain thanks to sniper's mark.

If you drop an archer every time you fire a shot wouldn't that make up for it not being on your head currently as you go through a map? I usually shoot once for each pack do you skip shooting at packs and let mirage archer handle it?
"
crzytimes wrote:
"
klistier wrote:

Thanks guys! How early should I try to get the cluster jewels?

I'll be farming harvest for my cluster jewel mods as it was super easy in Harvest. We'll see how easy it is in Ritual.

Check the spoiler below - Remi has a fantastic write up in the FAQ of this guide for gear improvements.

Spoiler
First of all, get Quill Rain. Quill Rain is cheap, +1 Arrow corruption is not mandatory, so instead, get a 6 linked Quill Rain if possible early on. Even then a 4 linked Quill Rain should carry you through the whole 10 acts. Carcass Jack is also important as more overlap = more single target damage.

During leveling, make sure to level your gems offhand. To do that, equip 2 melee weapons / wands on your offhand slot (default key X), make sure all of the sockets are green colored, then socket all of them with Toxic Rain. When the gem reaches level 20, corrupt them with Vaal Orb and hope for level 21 Toxic Rain to appear.

After you have those 2 gear, rest of them can be filled. +1 Arrow Toxic Rain enchantment on devotos is not mandatory too, so you can just get a devoto devotion. Rest of the gear can be filled with rares with life and resistances.

Your first "bridge" will be - 6l Quill rain, Devotos (for faster clearing and more damage, if you want more survivability, use starkonja or a rare helmet with phys taken as fire and high life) and carcass jack.

After that, prioritize your amulet as hardened scars is important and you don't want to waste a golden oil on a trash amulet. +1 Dex > +1 chaos, try to look for DoT multi on the amulet if possible. After getting amulet, get DoT quiver and DoT gloves. After that, get Thread of Hope, allocation is specified in jewels section.

With all of that set, you start to move onto Cluster jewels. Focus on the first set of cluster jewel first. Look for Tempered Arrowheads and Broadside and again, 8 passives, NOT 9 OR 10. After having a large cluster jewel up, get 2 mediums and 2 basic jewels. Make sure to follow and buy the appropriate cluster jewel and basic jewel given on the jewels section.

If you are having survivability issues, you are recommended to prioritize anoint Hardened Scars on your amulet.

Can't believe I missed that. Thanks a lot!
Is TR good for bosses?
So after reading through the thread and looking at the TR calculator, I'm still a bit confused on the exact calculations on AoE - I seem to remember people mentioning breakpoints, but I'm still confused as to how exactly AoE breakpoints work here?

Actually - to rephrase this a bit, how does %inc AoE relate to radius? What is the exact formula here?
Last edited by slowreactor on Jan 14, 2021, 7:57:32 PM
"
slowreactor wrote:
So after reading through the thread and looking at the TR calculator, I'm still a bit confused on the exact calculations on AoE - I seem to remember people mentioning breakpoints, but I'm still confused as to how exactly AoE breakpoints work here?

Actually - to rephrase this a bit, how does %inc AoE relate to radius? What is the exact formula here?

18 [base radius] * [square root of] ( 1 + total inc aoe ) = radius

Assuming I have carcass jack only, it will be

18 * sqrt ( 1 + 0.5 )
= 18 * sqrt (1.5)
= 18 * 1.225
= 22.05 r

Assuming I have carcass + Pf 30% AoE + 2 broadside
= 18 * sqrt ( 1 + 0.5 + 0.3 + 0.5 )
= 18 * sqrt (2.3)
= 18 * 1.517
= 27.306 r

"
HardSide wrote:
Is TR good for bosses?

you can view my twitch footage if you are curious on the performance of the build.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/873931978
If you are scared of links, just go to my channel and view the footage
"
Seefourdc wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
BigBrainZane wrote:

-wind ward, 30% less
-wind dancer
-kintsugi
-divine flesh

If you drop an archer every time you fire a shot wouldn't that make up for it not being on your head currently as you go through a map? I usually shoot once for each pack do you skip shooting at packs and let mirage archer handle it?

I remembered that stuff stop calculating when you are like 3-4 screens away, so I am not exactly sure if that would work reliably, but sure it does work 100%. Required some testing, that'll be the best

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info