-

Normally, I play pathfinder...but Raider is really tempting now. Perm Onslaught / Phasing.
"
Germboy1987 wrote:
From the 3.13 patchnotes:

"
Toxic Rain now converts 60% of physical damage to chaos damage (from 50%).
Mega irrelevant as it only applies to hit part, pods were already 100% chaos. But I guess if you ever run a phys reflect map you'll take less damage. Not that it should have been noticable before anyway since this build has next to 0 weapon damage.
Yeah, the real question now is: PF, Raider or Deadeye? ;/
"
nogenem wrote:
PF is a good allrounder - defense from perma flasks / fortify and extra damage from nature's reprisal.

Deadeye people are saying should be top dmg with the triple mirage archer, however even with the new defensives added to it, they're very situational so you might get instagibbed sometimes.

Raider is strongest defensively and has plenty of attack speed from mega onslaught, but no other damage. I'm actually wondering how competitive it would be if you are comfortable with damage so you don't need to pile up more.

Also how will deadeye / raider sustain mana on long boss fights without perma mana flask.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
nogenem wrote:
PF is a good allrounder - defense from perma flasks / fortify and extra damage from nature's reprisal.

Deadeye people are saying should be top dmg with the triple mirage archer, however even with the new defensives added to it, they're very situational so you might get instagibbed sometimes.

Raider is strongest defensively and has plenty of attack speed from mega onslaught, but no other damage. I'm actually wondering how competitive it would be if you are comfortable with damage so you don't need to pile up more.

Also how will deadeye / raider sustain mana on long boss fights without perma mana flask.

You can use -mana cost on rings, amulet and the Replica Conqueror's Efficiency.
Essentially getting 0 mana cost on all of your skills so you can reserve 100% of your mana. You still have to use lower level wither i think if you want to have enough mana for it.
Edit: You can also use a level 1 Clarity with a clarity watcher's eye.
Last edited by skoupidi on Jan 12, 2021, 7:57:46 PM
-
Last edited by vipzor on Jan 13, 2021, 3:10:36 AM
"
skoupidi wrote:
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
nogenem wrote:

You can use -mana cost on rings, amulet and the Replica Conqueror's Efficiency.
Essentially getting 0 mana cost on all of your skills so you can reserve 100% of your mana. You still have to use lower level wither i think if you want to have enough mana for it.

That will restrain you from getting damage gear easily since you have to fix the mana issues no matter what. For instance it limits your option for a despair ring, increases the cost of obtaining a +1 amulet, eats away a jewel socket and etc. Also some crafter charge this craft because it's one of the most demanded crafts.

My point is that while fixing mana issue is relatively simple, but there's a huge downside to pay for that price
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
crzytimes wrote:
Normally, I play pathfinder...but Raider is really tempting now. Perm Onslaught / Phasing.

I tried raider before, the damage falls off way too quickly. It just dies at early yellows. But even after the buff there doesn't seem to contain much damage buffs so don't put your hopes high on her.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
I think the main question with Deadeye will be how far apart the Mirage Archers can spawn - if you can dash - mirage - dash - mirage - dash mirage to keep up 3 Quill Rain TR-archers that's going to be a lot of pods.

I could see +2 archers making up for 30% AOE and 15 more damage on paper, but actually playing, in the real game, it may be difficult/mechanically taxing.

+2 arrows is nice for clear and super late game if you can get enough AOE.

The good thing is you can respec to test the Deadeye vs Pathfinder question, unlike the old Pathfinder vs Trickster argument.
Last edited by HomelessDepot on Jan 12, 2021, 8:22:24 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
nogenem wrote:

That will restrain you from getting damage gear easily since you have to fix the mana issues no matter what. For instance it limits your option for a despair ring, increases the cost of obtaining a +1 amulet, eats away a jewel socket and etc. Also some crafter charge this craft because it's one of the most demanded crafts.

My point is that while fixing mana issue is relatively simple, but there's a huge downside to pay for that price

Getting - mana cost rings week 1 isn't expensive at all, remember they can also drop with that mod from a lot of sources. We got harvest back now, getting a decent despair ring with an open prefix won't be that hard. Same as with +1 amulet. You just chaos spam them in the garden, it wont be that hard to get usable jewelry. As for the jewel, you will lose 7% life,4% dot multi and 10% increased damage, but in turn you get: 4% duration, 100% of your mana for auras, never have to worry about no regen maps and an extra damage flask instead of the mana one.

Anyway, you can always start with a mana flask and change it up whenever you get the items needed to get 0 mana cost skills.
All that is coming from someone that has leaguestarted TR trickster the past 2 leagues. I always start with mana flask and never had any mana issues on any boss as a Trickster. Even killing A8 sirus week 1 with crap gear apart from a 6L + 2gems/attack speed bow, which is super cheap too cause of div cards and +2 bow essence.
Mana flasks have 5 charges iirc, unless your dps is superbad for whatever reason, then i dont see how you can go out of mana on most normal encounters, apart from a crazy t19 100% delirius boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info