-

Bro, when you go to read a build post, you must read it before... The creator of this build, in the introduction, wrote "TOXIC RAIN MECHANICS VERY IMPORTANT" and if you read this, you could see Toxic Rain is an area skill (AoE). So yes, increased area damage affects TR.

Make sure you have read all the guide before you start asking, bro.
How would one build the passive tree as a starter build for 3.13 to ensure enough dps and survival for smooth leveling and early progress? The build is so heavily focused on cluster jewels and they may or may not be accessible in the first couple of days so is the build starter material / viable without the clusters or should I just look elsewhere for a starter build?
"
Opalitic wrote:
How would one build the passive tree as a starter build for 3.13 to ensure enough dps and survival for smooth leveling and early progress? The build is so heavily focused on cluster jewels and they may or may not be accessible in the first couple of days so is the build starter material / viable without the clusters or should I just look elsewhere for a starter build?

Did u read the "3.0 Passive Tree pathing" part of the guide? It explains very well...

The POB link also has those trees if u look at the bottom SELECT, right of the "Check for Update" button...
Last edited by nogenem on Jan 12, 2021, 12:29:42 PM
"
Opalitic wrote:

One thing that I find helps a LOT is crafting flat chaos damage on your rings in A4 when it becomes available. That is the only additional advice I have.
I tried during the Flashback event and Raider felt pretty good for TR. With the new buffs for it, anybody have any thoughts for it as an option?
"
nogenem wrote:
"
Opalitic wrote:

Did u read the "3.0 Passive Tree pathing" part of the guide? It explains very well...

The POB link also has those trees if u look at the bottom SELECT, right of the "Check for Update" button...

Thanks! Seems like I missed that part completely.
Any opinion on Deadeye yet? Triple mirage archer sounds amazing for DPS (on paper at least, will see how awkward it is to use), boosted Tailwind is obviously great and +2 projectiles sounds pretty good for coverage, especially against 10 boss arena fights. Last point seems a little awkward with buffed mark being likely the best option, Wind Ward sounds too unstable since its ANY damage (not say a savage hit).
"
JesterofFate wrote:
I tried during the Flashback event and Raider felt pretty good for TR. With the new buffs for it, anybody have any thoughts for it as an option?
Hmm, with 150% onslaught effectiveness (180% with small nodes) and perma onslaught it seems tempting, however you will not have 15% more chaos damage, 30% inc aoe and perma flasks so things like bosses on no mana regen maps can be a bitch and you won't have fortify uptime so probably would not go hardened scars anoint only something else.

Frenzy path is meh though because attack damage doesn't work for TR, so only think you'd get is more attack speed and +1 frenzy charge. So I'd probably go for dodge / ailment immunity path.

It's probably still less damage with all the attack speed (haven't done the math, sry), but more dodge / evasion / movement speed and less reliance on flasks if you hate them.
From the 3.13 patchnotes:

"
Toxic Rain now converts 60% of physical damage to chaos damage (from 50%).

Looks like TR got buffed! I'm now 100% going to play this as my league starter. Can't wait for your update.
Gz we got buffed. Tr start on Friday. GL on league boys and girls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info