[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Claeysken wrote:
The rest is easy :)

Reduced block chance is not very good ^^
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Great guide.

Usually just lurk but I want to take the time to properly thank OP for this detailed guide.

Started off as an arc-elementalist this league which was pretty good but was too rippy at higher levels for my taste. Fortunately I stumbled upon this guide and decided to respec to it.

No regrets whatsoever. Amazing survivability while maintaining decent dps and mapping speed. In fact I would say you have to try really hard to die in most t16 maps. So far I've cleared:-

Sirius A6
shaper (almost didn't make it as I was too rusty at the fight)
elder (easier than shaper somehow)
Simulacrum (almost too easy)
T16 80% delirious (will try 100% soon)

Few weakness of this build that I would highlight though. Ignite and corrupted blood are the two main reasons for death. Lost to uber atziri as I had no way to clear ignite (still learning the fight though. Will bring a dousing flask next time). Also to get boss killing level of dps you probably will need around 15-20 ex of investment. My gear so far

*Not shared is a watcher eye with determination ignore vulnerability and + armor if determination is active. Pretty lucky find for 3 exalt I must say.

the chest itself cost 10ex but really helped with the dps. Not as amazing as the +1 socketed skill gem +40%+ dps implicit chest currently in the market for 20 exalt but I thought it was a decent compromise. Right now working on megalomaniac, crafting a +1 fire skill gem amulet and an unset ring to make space for the awakened hextouch. Any other suggestions to improve?

Lastly not sure whether it has been asked before but is there any reason for not stacking cast speed? I found that adding cast speed contributes a significant dps boost in path of builders.

"
ugamugi wrote:

Any other suggestions to improve?

Look to my profile and get some tips, i think i can't do better.

Basic, u can improve your build on ring, amulet and glove, since the others just be better with better rolls or corruption.

Reduce curse on rings are waste, will be fine without and can craft +1 Minimum Frenzy Charge, can craft it on amulet too

You can spend some currency to get some perfect rings.
Alva mod (life + % life), and cruzader exalted.
Try do get
Prefix:
Life+%Life
Energy Shield
And Cruzader mod Spell damage (or Maximum energy shield).
Suffix
2x resist
1x Frenzy

Vermilion base is a BIS.

Cast speed is a very good boost dps, u can get it.
Last edited by BonecoDeNeveBR on Feb 15, 2021, 12:37:18 PM
"
titides wrote:
I thought of a CI version :
What do you think about this ?

I do a CI version => https://pastebin.com/iq3aEXSR :)

Lvl 94, 6569 ES, 163 STR, 120 Dex, Res 100/86/98 (76/81/77)
14K armour in HO (without molten shell), around 50K with all buffs.
Tree are modify to take ES instead of life and CI node.
Unset Ring & gloves can be better, but I craft them myself.
Energy Leech is better than Empower (PoB) so Body is 5 Blue and 1 Red.
I link Fortify to Reckoning, because Megalomaniac & Awekened Hextouch is too expensive.

Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
"
titides wrote:
"
titides wrote:

I link Fortify to Reckoning, because Megalomaniac & Awekened Hextouch is too expensive.

But... Fortify doesnt work with Reckoning... Doesnt work with any triggered skills.
Last edited by Sylph027 on Feb 15, 2021, 9:40:17 PM
I'm getting close to running out of upgrades without some significant rework. I have just about enough money to buy awakened hextouch for Elemental Weakness, but in PoB I can't make it give me more damage than Combustion. Gem is set to level 5 in PoB, calculating damage against Shaper.

Am I missing something in PoB? Is the additional fire res reduction just wasted?
Last edited by ChippDamage on Feb 15, 2021, 11:24:31 PM
"
ChippDamage wrote:
I'm getting close to running out of upgrades without some significant rework. I have just about enough money to buy awakened hextouch for Elemental Weakness, but in PoB I can't make it give me more damage than Combustion. Gem is set to level 5 in PoB, calculating damage against Shaper.

Am I missing something in PoB? Is the additional fire res reduction just wasted?

Just to make sure you have the build correct, the double curse change is not adding Elemental Weakness and removing Combustion from the build.

You want both Elemental Weakness and Combustion together in the build, like shown below:

Cast When Damage Taken - Vaal Molten Shell - Wave of Conviction - Combustion

Reckoning - (Awakened) Hextouch L5 - Flammability - Elemental Weakness

This combo will give you the highest DPS.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2021, 12:08:23 AM
Whoops, fixed that up and it does look like about 11% more DPS than what I'm running now.

Is there an alt source of frenzy charges? If I can keep frenzy charges up without cold snap, the DPS is significantly higher.
"
ChippDamage wrote:
Whoops, fixed that up and it does look like about 11% more DPS than what I'm running now.

Is there an alt source of frenzy charges? If I can keep frenzy charges up without cold snap, the DPS is significantly higher.

Yes, but it can be tricky.

The best way to do it is to craft +1 min Frenzy Charges on 3 pieces of gear. That gives you 3 Frenzy charges at all times.

The Cold Snap Frenzy charges are great during clearing but they have no effect on single target dps because they only generate on kill.

As an aside, getting culling Strike on gloves is a massive 10% more dps.

While waiting to get the +1 to Min Frenzy charges, you can always add a second unset ring and self cast cold snap for Frenzy charges while clearing.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 16, 2021, 12:27:46 AM
I've been watching culling strike gloves for a while and they're insanely expensive :) I'm currently running blind on hit as a glove suffix for some more EHP against bosses, though at this point I'm already tanking pretty much everything in the game. If I die it's usually a floor DoT or some especially horrible set of map mods. I don't think Sirus is even capable of killing me unless I stand in the meteor maze.

I did struggle with some 100% delirium x Enfeeble earlier, things just took too long to die, so doubling down on some DPS now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info