[3.10] Ewpewww's 'budget' CoC Arc Herald Stacker - >10 mil shaper DPS for as cheap as ~15ex

"
DrDella wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
DrDella wrote:
Reactivated my ancient Twitch account even before you suggested it hehe. Appreciated!

Ok just mention in chat if you are on! Thanks!!!

Your tip was on point. I somehow overlooked the Intuitive Leap jewel and the nodes that come with it. Working like a charm now - Hands down best build and guide.
Awesome! <3

Glad you liked the guide. Thanks so much for the kind words!
Great guide, thanks! Any idea of expectations for the self casting EK or Spark variants keeping roughly the same low end budget? Also curious of a general idea of investment expectations to increase ES by 1k? 2k?
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

Ah such a blunder swapping haste/vaal haste. Makes sense now and I feel stupid lol! I think its gonna work wonders now. Tried max delirum t16 and Sims, all pretty smooth.

I am a bit confused with the usefullness of vitality as it seem the benefit is not much in terms life/es regen? Am I right, thinking if its better to swap thsi to aspect of avian or some other aura. The amulet/WE can prove life/leech for defence?

Also, I think the dps is already huge and the loss from CI wont even matter. Have to try this transition out. I am not sure which one is better for delve (not deep, just the challenge one).

Hey dude, all good man - we all make mistakes on POB hahaha!

I saw your question earlier about switching to CI but was at work so didn't reply:
- I think switching to CI adds a lot of survivability to the build
- Damage loss should not be a problem if you can reach 52% cooldown recovery
- Otherwise, I would just test it by removing Pain Attunement keystone, and not turning on RF to see if you are comfortable with that damage

For vitality: It it a critical defensive mechanic of the build because it gives you ES regen with Zealot's Oath. I think Vitality is better than Aspect of the x/y/z because those don't give you phys damage reduction either (does not count as aura for Guardian Ascendancy afaik).

If you have checked the 'upgrades' section of my guide: Actually, I plan to go CI in next set of currency investments haha but if you do go CI, let me know how it goes! I also prefer CI because it gives even more survivability to the build. If you do go CI, remember you can allocate a different Minor Pantheon because Poison immunity is no longer needed.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ewpew

Tried to get the CI to accomodate the current aura, not able to even with enlighten4, 15% reduce zealotry enchant onhelm. Looks like CI would need alot of 1% reduce mana gems! Could make it work with 7 1% reduced mana gems but without vitality. Could do t16 100% delirous with beyond. Howover, the damage loss is about 62% (30% spell + RF+ grand spectrums I sacrifised for 1% gems) which is huge! I am gonna go back to low life for now and enjoy the dps.

Hey, thanks for sharing these findings! Other ways you can explore to lower your mana reservation is to get Pure Might / Guide / Aptitude along with Purposeful Harbinger! Also, make sure your Saqawal's nest is max-rolled in terms of reduced mana reserved. But as you have rightly pointed out, you lose quite a bit of damage. I recommend making the switch when you reach the max breakpoint for CoC with awakened CoC gem. Hope this helps!

Best,
Ewpew
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide. At which point (level) would you respec into the build assuming you have the exact same gear you provided? (I calculated around 82ish? but could be wrong) Mainly asking bc i dont want to respect and find out i lack skill points haha.

ty
Tried to get the CI to accomodate the current aura, not able to even with enlighten4, 15% reduce zealotry enchant onhelm. Looks like CI would need alot of 1% reduce mana gems! Could make it work with 7 1% reduced mana gems but without vitality. Could do t16 100% delirous with beyond. Howover, the damage loss is about 62% (30% spell + RF+ grand spectrums I sacrifised for 1% gems) which is huge! I am gonna go back to low life for now and enjoy the dps.[/quote]

Hey, thanks for sharing these findings! Other ways you can explore to lower your mana reservation is to get Pure Might / Guide / Aptitude along with Purposeful Harbinger! Also, make sure your Saqawal's nest is max-rolled in terms of reduced mana reserved. But as you have rightly pointed out, you lose quite a bit of damage. I recommend making the switch when you reach the max breakpoint for CoC with awakened CoC gem. Hope this helps!

Best,
Ewpew[/quote]

After some events I finally shifted back to CI version. I am at 10.07 aps with 52CDR. Not sure how much dps I lost but I thinks its still alright.
I have used: might of the meek (cheap implicit) and a total nine 1% implicit gems. I have a 15% zealotry enchant on helm. I can include all auras plus I have mana enough to add aspect of avian in future. Got some help from poe.ninja build.

You guide/comments were very useful. Cheers!
Last edited by Einstein_Jnr on May 15, 2020, 4:54:59 PM
Hi, thanks for that build, it made me back into the league so I can try herald.

I must say, damage is pretty op, but I'm having troubles with ES.
It's only 5.8k (6.1 according to pob which is not true)
Next 4 levels Ill invest in Insightfulness nodes which should give me decent boost, but other than that what can I do? Maybe I could rearrange my auras, Im having almost 400 unreserved life... If i move some mana reservation to life pool maybe I can drop some reduced mana nodes and get ES instead?

Im sitting at 30 ex right now and Id like to spend them on getting more ES without loosing damage.

Also, I'm at 52% CDR, means I should aim at 10.1 or lower APS. I'm having a bit more than 9.3 with just haste, but if i pop vaal haste Im getting over 16 aps... So im actually loosing dps because of CoC breakpoints?

Here is my PoB link https://pastebin.com/MD5bgz96
My profile is public too

Finnaly, one more questions about PoB
-how do we actually calculate dps?
-what configurations I should turn on? Shock for example?
Last edited by maciek2g on May 15, 2020, 7:22:44 PM
"
Delshi wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide. At which point (level) would you respec into the build assuming you have the exact same gear you provided? (I calculated around 82ish? but could be wrong) Mainly asking bc i dont want to respect and find out i lack skill points haha.

ty

Hey, that's a legit concern. But this really depends on how many passives there are on your medium cluster jewels. There is no definitive answer to this but as a guideline:
- You want 9 PHs
- You want as many empty jewel sockets as you can get for 1% reduced mana reserved jewels
- You want all the passive skills and notables on normal skill tree that you can get reduced mana reserved on

In the event that you realise you lack skill points, what you can do is to use fewer auras. Ones that i would consider leaving out are: Haste, Vitality (if you lack levels)

Hope this helps!
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
Tried to get the CI to accomodate the current aura, not able to even with enlighten4, 15% reduce zealotry enchant onhelm. Looks like CI would need alot of 1% reduce mana gems! Could make it work with 7 1% reduced mana gems but without vitality. Could do t16 100% delirous with beyond. Howover, the damage loss is about 62% (30% spell + RF+ grand spectrums I sacrifised for 1% gems) which is huge! I am gonna go back to low life for now and enjoy the dps.

Best,
Ewpew[/quote]

After some events I finally shifted back to CI version. I am at 10.07 aps with 52CDR. Not sure how much dps I lost but I thinks its still alright.
I have used: might of the meek (cheap implicit) and a total nine 1% implicit gems. I have a 15% zealotry enchant on helm. I can include all auras plus I have mana enough to add aspect of avian in future. Got some help from poe.ninja build.

You guide/comments were very useful. Cheers![/quote]

Glad the build worked out for you!
"
maciek2g wrote:
Hi, thanks for that build, it made me back into the league so I can try herald.

I must say, damage is pretty op, but I'm having troubles with ES.
It's only 5.8k (6.1 according to pob which is not true)
Next 4 levels Ill invest in Insightfulness nodes which should give me decent boost, but other than that what can I do? Maybe I could rearrange my auras, Im having almost 400 unreserved life... If i move some mana reservation to life pool maybe I can drop some reduced mana nodes and get ES instead?

Im sitting at 30 ex right now and Id like to spend them on getting more ES without loosing damage.

Also, I'm at 52% CDR, means I should aim at 10.1 or lower APS. I'm having a bit more than 9.3 with just haste, but if i pop vaal haste Im getting over 16 aps... So im actually loosing dps because of CoC breakpoints?

Here is my PoB link https://pastebin.com/MD5bgz96
My profile is public too

Finnaly, one more questions about PoB
-how do we actually calculate dps?
-what configurations I should turn on? Shock for example?

Hey man, thanks for checking out the build guide!

I took a quick look at your POB, and my suggestion is as such:
- You should have as many reduced mana reserved jewels for the build. I think it should be preferred to Heraldry - you have one more Heraldry than you need actually.. I took out one and I think your mana reservations are still ok
- I don't think ES is the best way to scale survivability for where you are in the build - 5.8k should be sufficient to tank most 1-shots in the game given 90% max elemental resistance.
- If you want more survivability, I suggest going for CI version of the build / fitting in replenishing presence for that sick ES regen
- If you want more ES, you can take insightfulness or melding (with energy from within in socket nearby

To calculate DPS, if you are at 52% cooldown recovery, and 10aps, then it is 10 casts per second. I would take the average hit from arc/whatever spell that you are getting from POB, and multiply that by 10. With regards to configuration, I like to stay on conservative side, typically:
- Enable all flasks - they should be up when you are fighting bosses
- All charges since you get charge generation from guardian ascendancy
- I wouldn't enable shock haha that ailment is difficult to understand and can be misleading

On your question on APS, yes you want to maintain APS below 10 so I wouldn't pop vaal haste unless it gets you to an attack speed that allows 10 casts per second too at 52% cooldown recovery. Suggest you check out the CoC breakpoint section and play with the calculator!

Let me know if you have any more questions - feel free to pop by the stream to ask them if you want quicker responses.

Hope this is helpful!
Hey have enjoyed this build so far but I am finding I am very squishy. This is obviously due to me not knowing how to fit Vitality into the build. I think I have some links wrong on the items but am unsure.

If anyone is available to have a look at my setup and provide some advice I would appreciate it.

character: Kgony
https://pastebin.com/KEDJffkp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info