[3.10] Ewpewww's 'budget' CoC Arc Herald Stacker - >10 mil shaper DPS for as cheap as ~15ex

"
Cronggz wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
Hey! I took a quick look at your passive tree and cluster jewels, suggest the following:
- You need to get the 4% reduced mana reserved passive near Scion wheel
- If you do not have enough skill points, take out one medium cluster jewel to run 8PHs
- You want to run one Heraldry / PH medium cluster jewel

Otherwise, suggest you take out haste to fit in PoF and PoL because those are needed for you to be resist capped. Let me know if you have other questions - I'll try my best to help.

Best,
Ewpew

I did the changes and wow i am able to use PoF, PoL and Vitality now. Thanks a lot man really appreciate the help on here and on the twitch stream for the tips!!

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying the build!
Any suggestions on other support gems if i was to swap out arc with spark?
"
Karnivool wrote:
Any suggestions on other support gems if i was to swap out arc with spark?

Hey there, thanks for checking out my build guide.

I assume you don't want to run spark with CoC. Would do the following:

Gems
- Spark
- Spell echo
- Cold penetration
- Controlled destruction
- Inspiration
- Faster projectiles / pierce / fork (depending on whether you can get pierce on your boots)

Suggest you run it with Hazardous Research threshold jewels though. And I think it's generally better to go with Ascendant for spark builds because increased cast speed from necro sub-ascendancy will be huge for the build.

Hope this answers your question!

Best,
Ewpew
"
Cronggz wrote:
Hey, i just came across your herald stacking thread that is under 15ex and i am planning to switch over to your build as i have built up about 20ex with my COC VD Assassin.

Also, i realised that the skill tree u gave is for scion instead of templar or am i just blind

I would like to ask how is the surviability with this build and is there any issues with running a 100% delirious t16 map without dying as well as A8 conquerors ?

Hey, I've updated the guide with a video showcasing how the build performs in T16 100% delirious map. You might want to check it out :)

Cheers,
Ewpew
Umm seems I'm low on energy shield i have 4k how can i get 5k+ like you?
Hi, thanks for the great build. I am having some some trouble trying to figure out the coc cap aps numbers. The haste (not vaal haste) is already taking my aps to 11.55 (I want to cap at 10.1) (with 3 frenzy charges, no onslaught, no tailwind). I am a bit confused as to whether the POB aps is correct as it doesn't match with the cyclone attack rate shown in tooltip (I have played coc assassin before and the numbers were similar).

For example, the aps of 11.55 i.e., attack time of 0.0825 shows as 0.13 in tooltip.

Question 1: is the POB fork version showing correct numbers for aps? (I see that the resistances are wrongly shown).

Question 2: please have a look at my tree and if possible give me the basics to calculating the aps? assuming I don trust the POB. I tried doing this myself but my calculations are off by ~40% as compared to POB. I just dont know how haste is giving me 182% attack speed (and this x2 with cyclone).

The damage numbers are mind blowing (I estimate the spell does ~(5-10) times more dps than coc assassin). I am hoping to get this working with proper coc aps.

Thanks in advaance. P.S. I am new to game mechanics.

(my profile is public, also pastin code here: https://pastebin.com/ALMj5K17)
"
Megavolt419 wrote:
Umm seems I'm low on energy shield i have 4k how can i get 5k+ like you?

Hey! In the case of the budget build, the bulk of your ES comes from discipline. Some quick questions here:

- Is your discipline gem at least level 20?
- Is your discipline gem socketed into Alpha's Howl to take advantage of +2 to socketed aura gems?
- Do you have 9 Purposeful Harbinger notables allocated?

Cheers,
Ewpew
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:
Hi, thanks for the great build. I am having some some trouble trying to figure out the coc cap aps numbers. The haste (not vaal haste) is already taking my aps to 11.55 (I want to cap at 10.1) (with 3 frenzy charges, no onslaught, no tailwind). I am a bit confused as to whether the POB aps is correct as it doesn't match with the cyclone attack rate shown in tooltip (I have played coc assassin before and the numbers were similar).

For example, the aps of 11.55 i.e., attack time of 0.0825 shows as 0.13 in tooltip.

Question 1: is the POB fork version showing correct numbers for aps? (I see that the resistances are wrongly shown).

Question 2: please have a look at my tree and if possible give me the basics to calculating the aps? assuming I don trust the POB. I tried doing this myself but my calculations are off by ~40% as compared to POB. I just dont know how haste is giving me 182% attack speed (and this x2 with cyclone).

The damage numbers are mind blowing (I estimate the spell does ~(5-10) times more dps than coc assassin). I am hoping to get this working with proper coc aps.

Hey man! First of all, thanks for checking out my build guide!

My response below:
- I noticed that there are some slight discrepancies between in-game stats and POB Fork. Frankly, I don't know what causes the difference but they should not be significant.
- You are right in that we should keep APS<10 if you have 52% cooldown recovery speed - believe you have some experience in CoC so I won't go into breakpoints (thanks for reminding me that I need to update the guide for that)
- I took a quick look at your POB, it seems that you have Vaal Haste enabled vs. Haste :) that might be the issue
- In any case, with level 20 haste + all the other increased aps stuff that you might get (onslaught, frenzy charges), there is still a chance that it could go over the cap. The way I've tested for this is to run a map and monitor my max APS numbers. If you need to reduce APS, then my suggestion is to use a lower level haste or play around with your reduced mana reserved jewels (are there any with increased attack speed?)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ewpew
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

My response below:
- I noticed that there are some slight discrepancies between in-game stats and POB Fork. Frankly, I don't know what causes the difference but they should not be significant.
- You are right in that we should keep APS<10 if you have 52% cooldown recovery speed - believe you have some experience in CoC so I won't go into breakpoints (thanks for reminding me that I need to update the guide for that)
- I took a quick look at your POB, it seems that you have Vaal Haste enabled vs. Haste :) that might be the issue
- In any case, with level 20 haste + all the other increased aps stuff that you might get (onslaught, frenzy charges), there is still a chance that it could go over the cap. The way I've tested for this is to run a map and monitor my max APS numbers. If you need to reduce APS, then my suggestion is to use a lower level haste or play around with your reduced mana reserved jewels (are there any with increased attack speed?)

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ewpew

Of course - let me know if you have any other questions!
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
Ewpew wrote:
"
Einstein_Jnr wrote:

My response below:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ewpew

Of course - let me know if you have any other questions!

Ah such a blunder swapping haste/vaal haste. Makes sense now and I feel stupid lol! I think its gonna work wonders now. Tried max delirum t16 and Sims, all pretty smooth.

I am a bit confused with the usefullness of vitality as it seem the benefit is not much in terms life/es regen? Am I right, thinking if its better to swap thsi to aspect of avian or some other aura. The amulet/WE can prove life/leech for defence?

Also, I think the dps is already huge and the loss from CI wont even matter. Have to try this transition out. I am not sure which one is better for delve (not deep, just the challenge one).
Last edited by Einstein_Jnr on May 15, 2020, 3:39:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info