[3.10] Tanky MoM Pledge of Hands SB Hiero- 12k Ehp, 2k life regen, 10m+ shaper dps per brand

Thanks for replying.

So I've just checked Poe.ninja and top3 DPS of Lvl100 Hiero Storm Brand characters have much higher dps than your build (3x more even with flasks unchecked)
Let's leave prices out.
What do you think of:
1/ Tankiness of your build vs top3
2/ DPS of your build vs top3

Keep in mind high DPS to delete anything before it gets nasty is also considered "tankiness" in many situations (random deaths are expected as we play Softcore anyway)
Last edited by koros on Apr 21, 2020, 8:58:49 AM
"
koros wrote:
Thanks for replying.

So I've just checked Poe.ninja and top3 DPS of Lvl100 Hiero Storm Brand characters have much higher dps than your build (3x more even with flasks unchecked)
Let's leave prices out.
What do you think of:

Keep in mind high DPS to delete anything before it gets nasty is also considered "tankiness" in many situations (random deaths are expected as we play Softcore anyway)

I think this is a very interesting question and it largely depends on what content you want to run.

Dps vs top 3: As you point out the top dps build on poe.ninja hits about 83 million dps per brand while my build caps out at just under 29 million. This is mostly just the nature of crit vs non-crit, crit will always have higher dps if you are ignoring currency restrictions due to having more options for scaling.

I will however say that the difference between 29 million dps and 83 million dps only really becomes visible at the very very top level of content, given that most things end up being one shot anyway once you reach 10 million + dps.

Tankiness vs top 3
: I would say my build tankier for 99% of content simply because of the difference in ehp and regen. All the top dps builds are low life and number 1 seems to have less than 5k es while number 2 and 3 have just over 6k. Most deaths in poe usually come from on death or environmental effects and having more dps won't help you in those cases.

I feel the only scenario where those builds start to outstrip mine in "tankiness" is when mob damage becomes so high that my extra ehp/regen becomes irrelevant and when mob hp becomes high enough that the dps difference between our builds begins to significantly impact clearspeed. This will pretty much only occur in very deep delves and fully juiced max delerium maps.
Last edited by mrmorzan on Apr 21, 2020, 11:59:10 AM
"
mrmorzan wrote:
"
koros wrote:
Thanks for replying.

Let's leave prices out.
What do you think of:

I think this is a very interesting question and it largely depends on what content you want to run.

Dps vs top 3: As you point out the top dps build on poe.ninja hits about 83 million dps per brand while my build caps out at just under 29 million. This is mostly just the nature of crit vs non-crit, crit will always have higher dps if you are ignoring currency restrictions due to having more options for scaling.

I will, however, say that the difference between 29 million dps and 83 million dps only really becomes visible at the very very top level of content, given that most things end up being one-shot anyway once you reach 10 million + dps.

Tankiness vs top 3
: I would say my build tankier for 99% of content simply because of the difference in ehp and regen. All the top dps builds are low life and number 1 seems to have less than 5k es while numbers 2 and 3 have just over 6k. Most deaths in poe usually come from on death or environmental effects and having more dps won't help you in those cases.

I feel the only scenario where those builds start to outstrip mine in "tankiness" is when mob damage becomes so high that my extra ehp/regen becomes irrelevant and when mob hp becomes high enough that the dps difference between our builds begins to significantly impact clear speed. This will pretty much only occur in very deep delves and fully juiced max Delerium maps.

very well thought out response!

I've pretty much mimicked your build so far. I imported you POB in then imported mine over the top to see how I'm getting on and there is a massive difference in damage at the moment :)

I lack some levels and cluster jewels at the moment so perhaps that will catch it up a bit? My rare's are also nowhere near as good as yours either.

im getting 1 shot all over the place at the moment tho. Perhaps you could have a look over my gear if you have time?

By my reckoning, I just need to start spending the big currency on better rolled rares and get my gems all at least 20/20?

Thanks, Matt.

"
Mattyd_UK wrote:

I lack some levels and cluster jewels at the moment so perhaps that will catch it up a bit? My rare's are also nowhere near as good as yours either.

im getting 1 shot all over the place at the moment tho. Perhaps you could have a look over my gear if you have time?

By my reckoning, I just need to start spending the big currency on better rolled rares and get my gems all at least 20/20?

Thanks, Matt.

Looking over your character you seem to have all the core items so as you say, pretty much just keep looking for small incremental upgrades (higher mana/life on rares, getting gems to 20/20, quality on rings etc).
Last edited by mrmorzan on Apr 21, 2020, 4:42:25 PM
hello one more time.
i am sorry for such a big amount of questions but i try to realize what am i doing wrong because i was unable to beat simulacrum. i tried 3 times and my best result was 20/20 then i died. I tried to replace Quicksilver flask with Rumi’s Concoction but it was even worse because sometimes during a fight I was unable to move at all. And when I die I have no second chance to back in fight because there is no time to cast brands and mobs immediately kill you when you spawn from portal.

i am on lvl 93 and have Watcher's Eye with 10% of damage taken from mana, Militant Faith converted by Venarius, a large cluster jewel with Scintillating Idea, 2x medium cluster jewels with Chip Away and Brand Loyalty, 2x small jewels with Scintillating Idea, 4x Fevered Mind. I sacrificed 4x “5% increased maximum life” nodes to place additional small cluster jewel and to get Dynamo node. Now I have like 8.5k mana pool and around 4k of life.

My gear:

If my gear and passive tree are okay then I suppose the only one problem here is my hands right? And I should push buttons more intensively ))

btw could you please tell me where is my next stop to upgrade? should i try and get awakend jewels or change some of my gear?

thanks in advance for your answers.
"
mrmorzan wrote:
"
koros wrote:
Thanks for replying.

Let's leave prices out.
What do you think of:

I will however say that the difference between 29 million dps and 83 million dps only really becomes visible at the very very top level of content, given that most things end up being one shot anyway once you reach 10 million + dps.

Tankiness vs top 3
: I would say my build tankier for 99% of content simply because of the difference in ehp and regen. All the top dps builds are low life and number 1 seems to have less than 5k es while number 2 and 3 have just over 6k. Most deaths in poe usually come from on death or environmental effects and having more dps won't help you in those cases.

I feel the only scenario where those builds start to outstrip mine in "tankiness" is when mob damage becomes so high that my extra ehp/regen becomes irrelevant and when mob hp becomes high enough that the dps difference between our builds begins to significantly impact clearspeed. This will pretty much only occur in very deep delves and fully juiced max delerium maps.

Totally agree.
I played around with PoB-Fork yesterday trying to compare between the 2. It seems to me that this build is more comfortable to play with. Tomorrow I'll buy gloves + belt + 2 rings then re-craft the helmet to finish my setup. Only need to get to lvl91+ to complete the "damage" part of this build, then go for defense.
Very comfortable and lazy mapping experience imo :)
"
rookie81pwnz wrote:
hello one more time.
i am sorry for such a big amount of questions but i try to realize what am i doing wrong because i was unable to beat simulacrum. i tried 3 times and my best result was 20/20 then i died. I tried to replace Quicksilver flask with Rumi’s Concoction but it was even worse because sometimes during a fight I was unable to move at all. And when I die I have no second chance to back in fight because there is no time to cast brands and mobs immediately kill you when you spawn from portal.

i am on lvl 93 and have Watcher's Eye with 10% of damage taken from mana, Militant Faith converted by Venarius, a large cluster jewel with Scintillating Idea, 2x medium cluster jewels with Chip Away and Brand Loyalty, 2x small jewels with Scintillating Idea, 4x Fevered Mind. I sacrificed 4x “5% increased maximum life” nodes to place additional small cluster jewel and to get Dynamo node. Now I have like 8.5k mana pool and around 4k of life.

My gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

If my gear and passive tree are okay then I suppose the only one problem here is my hands right? And I should push buttons more intensively ))

btw could you please tell me where is my next stop to upgrade? should i try and get awakend jewels or change some of my gear?

thanks in advance for your answers.

Awakened jewels might help a bit but shouldn't really be necessary for simulacrum, I'll try and upload a simulacrum run video later because this seems be a common issue.

otherwise your gear looks mostly fine, though maybe some higher life rolls in same places. You say sometimes you cannot move? Do you know if this because of delirium ground effects or stuns?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hey dude, I literally started playin ur build today, so just hit aqueducts and lvling there. Ofc my budget isnt friendly, bought almost all stuff already so its more like quick lvling.

What I noticed and would like to ask you is, don't you think that the vigil jewel with gem setup [vigilian strike/ancestral call/fortify/faster attacks] would be way better than the leap slam which is very slow in my opinion.

Then there would be a place for flame dash or something else ;p

Last edited by GotGuts_ on Apr 22, 2020, 10:08:11 AM
Watched your new Simulacrum video, really good run!
Only if the video were of better quality :'( I can see u misclick the loots cuz of display lag. Used to play on laptop so I know ur pain :'(
"
Hey dude, I literally started playin ur build today, so just hit aqueducts and lvling there. Ofc my budget isnt friendly, bought almost all stuff already so its more like quick lvling.

What I noticed and would like to ask you is, don't you think that the vigil jewel with gem setup [vigilian strike/ancestral call/fortify/faster attacks] would be way better than the leap slam which is very slow in my opinion.

Then there would be a place for flame dash or something else ;p

Vigilant strike is ok if you just want the fortify and don't care about endurance charges.

I personally find leap slam's speed to be acceptable if i have all my buffs and charges up (onslaught, frenzy charges, lightning golem etc.) but i can understand if others find it clunky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info