[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Awesome, Ill start with those and save up for skyforth next. Thanks ^^
"
deadbubble wrote:
Thats the fun part about this build's obscenely high dps. Even if you cut the DPS to get more EHP, it'll still feel really, really smooth. You just won't phase Sirus or something, which is whatever.

That is very true, It's nice to have that sort of versatility in the build. Initially I was making sacrifices in DPS for survivability, but the build has a distinct lack of options in terms of extra defensive layers. As a result, I found it better just to shove DPS as high as possible and 1 shot everything as a defensive mechanic.
First of all, i can't thank you enough for making this build <3,

I've tried several builds and always got like 10% of the DPS from the shown build. This is my first time playing POE and kind of getting frustrated about all the builds.

I love how i can see at least 1m DPS on the POB(which it used to be 200-300k with other builds), but it feels like there are lot of things that still missing. I cant afford the watcher's eye with clarity ES atm, so i can't seem to drop the Sanctuary of Thought (2m dps ++ for 2k ES loss) because my current ES is only 7,3k with 9,3k mana pool. However, i would like to ask if i should add/change something to make the DPS even greater while the ES is still around 7K (hopefully, because of my poor mechanic i still died a lot to bosses) . I'm sorry that i don't really understand about the configuration on POB either.

Here's the pastebin : https://pastebin.com/tH4jVJC8

I would be grateful if anyone could help me on this. :)

Best Regards!

PS: i tried the empower + brand recall + etc on the gloves, but i don't think it changed the brand recall at all on 90% recovery, so i changed the skill setup mostly on the helmet boots and gloves. i also managed to pick up an trigger socketed skill on the wand, so maybe i dont need the curse on hit (?). thanks again
Last edited by radityakat on May 6, 2020, 9:56:24 PM
I'm in basically the same boat. 4.4M DPS if I take all the recommended crit nodes, but dropping most of them gets me 2.8M dps and another 800 ES, up to ~8.2k, and the overcharged cluster for endurance/frenzy charges. I'm farming mid-tier maps for currency and slow, safe exp, and everything dies in a blink anyway. Frenzy charges + onslaught from abyssal jewel is very nice QoL.

I do recommend taking the top path between the top right cluster socket and ghost reaver, taking only 2 points in the written blood wheel, and ignoring the runesmith nodes. 4 brands is plenty, and with the extra 5 points you'd save, you can grab something better. The last two sockets for your fevered minds, retribution, ghost reaver, the unnatural calm wheel (if you can find 2 more passives), etc.

If you're using trigger wand you can use curse, WoC, and blade blast as your third, for unnerve debuff.
Last edited by jbmcarth on May 7, 2020, 6:47:27 AM
Hi, can anyone take a look at my PoB and tell where i can make some upgrades? , i have about 11 ex to spare.
Also if i were to implement cluster jewels, how do i go about doing that? what do i have to respecc to get them and also does it make the build better or should i just stick with the Og tree.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/qPM7T30P
Thank you to those that will take a look and give some advice!
Stay safe <3
"
radityakat wrote:
First of all, i can't thank you enough for making this build <3,

I've tried several builds and always got like 10% of the DPS from the shown build. This is my first time playing POE and kind of getting frustrated about all the builds.

I love how i can see at least 1m DPS on the POB(which it used to be 200-300k with other builds), but it feels like there are lot of things that still missing. I cant afford the watcher's eye with clarity ES atm, so i can't seem to drop the Sanctuary of Thought (2m dps ++ for 2k ES loss) because my current ES is only 7,3k with 9,3k mana pool. However, i would like to ask if i should add/change something to make the DPS even greater while the ES is still around 7K (hopefully, because of my poor mechanic i still died a lot to bosses) . I'm sorry that i don't really understand about the configuration on POB either.

Here's the pastebin : https://pastebin.com/tH4jVJC8

I would be grateful if anyone could help me on this. :)

Best Regards!

PS: i tried the empower + brand recall + etc on the gloves, but i don't think it changed the brand recall at all on 90% recovery, so i changed the skill setup mostly on the helmet boots and gloves. i also managed to pick up an trigger socketed skill on the wand, so maybe i dont need the curse on hit (?). thanks again

I feel the Brand Recall with Empower/Second Wind is best used when you have it set to autocast on LMB or a numlocked number so you don't need to think about it.

If you have the trigger on wand, I would drop Curse on Hit and use Blade Blast for Unnerve or Cold Snap for more consistent frenzies while mapping. Also just a general note, if you're going to invest into multimodding an item, it's usually best to get the highest tier crafted mods. Your spell damage/extra as chaos hybrid can only be improved if you remove all the crafted mods which means you would have to multimod again.

You can always go for Awakened supports. Lightning Penetration and Elemental Focus aren't as expensive. Controlled Destruction is a bit more costly but also a bigger damage boost. Keep leveling the gems and flip them for quality as those small increases do add up.

Enchant your Skyforth. Attack and cast speed for mapping DPS, ele pen for boss dps. Voidbringer mana cost and ES are kind of low, so that can be improved. Don't forget to quality all armor.

I'd probably look for an Atziri's over a Sulphur flask and then put Warding on Quicksilver. Catalysts on jewelry can help push mana levels or resists or attributes, depending on what you need. Mana flask should be Catalysed. Your pool is too big for Enduring to make a dent unless you like the persistent bleed immunity.

Push your levels to get another jewel socket or two, or Throatseeker for DPS, Ghost Reaver for sustain, or Unnatural Calm or Faith and Steel for defenses.

"
ryan_MD wrote:
Hi, can anyone take a look at my PoB and tell where i can make some upgrades? , i have about 11 ex to spare.
Also if i were to implement cluster jewels, how do i go about doing that? what do i have to respecc to get them and also does it make the build better or should i just stick with the Og tree.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/qPM7T30P
Thank you to those that will take a look and give some advice!
Stay safe <3

Better Mindspiral with 10% mana as ES. Enchant on Skyforth. Could look for a better jewel probably for more damage or ES over life. Could look into a better Foible for the extra 2% max mana. Fevered minds are mostly low to mid rolls. There's 45% spell damage lost across all of them, so those can be smaller incremental improvements. Ideally Cinderswallow Urn would have crit chance veiled mod. Atziri's has a low ele as chaos roll.

You can start looking into awakened supports for Storm Brand. Controlled Destruction is the expensive one, but Lightning Penetration and Elemental Focus are more affordable. Conductivity shows me a 100k DPS increase over Assassin's Mark.

If you are looking into doing clusters, I would say that a big cluster investment would require Unnatural Instinct for the points it frees up if you place it near Pain Attunement. Disorienting Display is a great notable as blind really helps with survivability as you cruise through packs. Scintillating Idea is defensive and offensive with increased mana and damage penetration. The extra sockets give you room for more fevered minds or ways to take in small clusters with Will Shaper for more ES and other bits of stats on the small nodes. If you do even a medium cluster, drop the Runesmith Wheel and the two small nodes in Written and Blood and path to that through the top. You can take a medium cluster to make up the extra brand if you want.
"
Better Mindspiral with 10% mana as ES. Enchant on Skyforth. Could look for a better jewel probably for more damage or ES over life. Could look into a better Foible for the extra 2% max mana. Fevered minds are mostly low to mid rolls. There's 45% spell damage lost across all of them, so those can be smaller incremental improvements. Ideally Cinderswallow Urn would have crit chance veiled mod. Atziri's has a low ele as chaos roll.

You can start looking into awakened supports for Storm Brand. Controlled Destruction is the expensive one, but Lightning Penetration and Elemental Focus are more affordable. Conductivity shows me a 100k DPS increase over Assassin's Mark.

If you are looking into doing clusters, I would say that a big cluster investment would require Unnatural Instinct for the points it frees up if you place it near Pain Attunement. Disorienting Display is a great notable as blind really helps with survivability as you cruise through packs. Scintillating Idea is defensive and offensive with increased mana and damage penetration. The extra sockets give you room for more fevered minds or ways to take in small clusters with Will Shaper for more ES and other bits of stats on the small nodes. If you do even a medium cluster, drop the Runesmith Wheel and the two small nodes in Written and Blood and path to that through the top. You can take a medium cluster to make up the extra brand if you want.

Ah i see , thank you for the advice! Also anyone tried this/a cluster jewel setup? if so, how do you feel about it? if you can provide a/your pob that would be nice :)
I've made some of the suggested changes and I must say I'm not dieing nearly as often now.

What I can't figure out is why my POB says I should have 8.8k ES and I only have 7.9k ES. I've done a direct import of all my gear/items/skills and every other stat listed is spot on.

Am I missing something obvious or is POB just not calculating my ES correctly? I'm thinking about just taking dps nodes from this point forward but wanted to figure this out first.

https://pastebin.com/PLP3KwKn

Thanks!
Did you respec out of the unnatural calm wheel? That'd bring you to 7.9 in PoB
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Did you respec out of the unnatural calm wheel? That'd bring you to 7.9 in PoB

No i didn't. Still have the full unnatural calm wheel filled out. I've done a direct import to POB a few times now, adjusted my gem levels, etc. and it still says I should have 8.8k ES.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info