[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
Saltbringer wrote:
First Sirus kill on woke 8 with this toon. Did it waaaaay more easily than my CoC nova toon (gg having shit all over the screen). Killing blow actually occurred after dying, but my brands still ticking damage lmao.

Anyways, OP build has totally proven itself and I don't even think I sunk 7.5ex into it. Amazing job OP; thinking about using it as league starter next league. In the interim, could use some advice on next upgrades with a budget of 10-20ex. TIA sempais

You can get Skyforth and Awakened supports for Storm Brand assuming you balance out the resists over your jewelry. That should fit in your budget. I'd also look at flipping some of your level 20 gems for quality.
where is our energy leech?
"
gokudin wrote:
where is our energy leech?

Either Soul Thief or Ghost Reaver.
Hey, started 3 days ago delirium league, what should i update now? I only have 7,2k es...

Character is JinStormB

Thank you :)

Last edited by Jintonic1234 on May 5, 2020, 9:01:53 PM
"
Saltbringer wrote:
First Sirus kill on woke 8 with this toon. Did it waaaaay more easily than my CoC nova toon (gg having shit all over the screen). Killing blow actually occurred after dying, but my brands still ticking damage lmao.

Anyways, OP build has totally proven itself and I don't even think I sunk 7.5ex into it. Amazing job OP; thinking about using it as league starter next league. In the interim, could use some advice on next upgrades with a budget of 10-20ex. TIA sempais

Spoiler

Skyforths for sure. Quality on amulet. Quality on gems. Dream frag is a good QoL choice but will hold you back on some major min/max oppurtunities.
"
Jintonic1234 wrote:
Hey, started 3 days ago delirium league, what should i update now? I only have 7,2k es...

Character is JinStormB

7.2k ES is fairly high. Best way to increase it is to get t1 mana rolls on all rare gear. To get it even further, mana as ES from Watcher's Eye, which is about 35ex.
"
deadbubble wrote:
"
Jintonic1234 wrote:

Character is JinStormB

7.2k ES is fairly high. Best way to increase it is to get t1 mana rolls on all rare gear. To get it even further, mana as ES from Watcher's Eye, which is about 35ex.

Previous discussion on cluster jewels aside--I agree with OP that they're not worth sacrificing a bunch of skill points for--you can sacrifice one cluster socket and 2 skill points to get Will Shaper, which grants another 5% maximum mana as extra maximum ES. Together with the 6% increased mana from the jewel's implicit, this gave me another 600 ES or so. You are sacrificing damage for it, though; no way around that.

Still, running it, I have 9.2k ES without Watcher's Eye. It feels way better than having 7-8k eHP, subjectively, and I rarely die to random 1-shots anymore. I could absolutely be get more DPS by sacrificing ES, but I'm already doing enough damage to kill or phase almost any boss in a couple seconds, so I don't see much point in trading survivability for it.

Honestly, properly geared, this build deals obscene damage pretty much no matter what choices you make, so I'm fine with the trade-off.
Thats the fun part about this build's obscenely high dps. Even if you cut the DPS to get more EHP, it'll still feel really, really smooth. You just won't phase Sirus or something, which is whatever.
Just leveling up this character now, trying to work on finding currency. What would be the best upgrade path as I find gear?

gear
Spoiler
You can upgrade your wand for cheap. A huge mana role, some spell crit, and some spell damage will likely beat out apep's at a cost of 5-10c, and your ES will benefit greatly from the mana. Your voidbringer mana cost mod is very bad and can be improved for next to nothing. A stygian vise will give you an abyssal slot, and the belt/gem together should be a big upgrade. You need skyforth to survive stuns and generally just improve mapping speed (which brings a lot of extra income once you can hit 5/3/1 delirium stacks most of the time). Rings/belt will need to accommodate str/dex needs and lost resists when switching to skyforth, so plan ahead and pick up what you need as you save for the boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info