[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Yeah, gotta remember, while this buiild's raw ES is fairly high, especially due to lack of actual ES on gear, it has no real damage mitigation, outside of Arcane Cloak, which absolutely does not have 100% uptime. You really do not want to facetank anything.

You can take quite a bit of damage, but not as much as you would expect. Shit like Kosis or Deli on-death effects are deadly.
Last edited by deadbubble on Apr 23, 2020, 1:57:27 PM
f1rstborn, do you use chain just for map clearing? What about Simulacrum? Also, any tips for Sirus on this build?
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
norxe wrote:
dont know what to change anymore,i got the watchers eye,res capped but still the delirium encounter they kill me a lot mainly because there are to many mobs,both bosses in the delirium die pretty fast but the damn mobs just kill me alot,this is my gear,in my tree i had to take some life nodes in order to be able to activate clarity,its a bit harder to get the brands up since the mana cost got to 6700 and i tried with a mana pot instead of the phasing one and i dont feel it works
Spoiler

i got lucky with the new jewel so i got 24ex more to spend :))
i keep the Arcane swiftness wheel instead of Doom cast because it gives me a bit more survability
https://pastebin.com/GQ38CNbr

First and foremost you need to improve the wand. It's missing the o-so-important mana stat that is reducing your damage, shield and energy shield. Second Kosis will still insta-lame you from time to time in Simulacrum or even a properly juiced t16. You have to stay mobile against him to survive. I had this problem at 6k, 10k and even when I tried the 14k ES variants. It doesn't matter without a significant amount of physical mitigation which this build does not have.

i know i need a new one,can you tell me how to craft one?i have no experience with fossil but i got lots of mats from delirium
Sirus is easy with the 7.5ex version, as he just melts. Only thing to be worried about is storms, and hte die beam in phase 4. The beam 1-shots. Although, if you die, your brands still stay. So don't revive, and kill him while you're dead.

Also, he can juke your Wave of Conviction with his teleport spam, so just don't miss.
"
VoliBieber wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how this build works (never tried a brand build), but what about using Indigon instead of Mind Spiral? i know it's a pretty big ES loss but tapping Arcane Cloak can give you about 600% increased spell damage which feels like a lot.

I need to include a section on this, thank you for the reminder. I do not use indigon for the following reasons.
1. The survivability to cut is massive. Nearly 1k Energy shield is out the door. We do very little %ES scaling, so the flat ES here is all but useless.

2. Casting your brands takes a life time. Every time you cast 1 brand, the next one costs 195k mana for 4 seconds [not an exaggeration]. As always, once we get up and going this is manageable but initially its a bit of a nightmare.

A version of this build exists with indigon to scale damage [I'm working on a necro variant as we speak] and it is viable, just not the focus of this particular guide.
"
Ace_007 wrote:
f1rstborn, do you use chain just for map clearing? What about Simulacrum? Also, any tips for Sirus on this build?

I use regular chain support when farming splinters, completing simulacrum or doing 100% deliriums. I use controlled destruction for all major boss encounters. If you are dying to sirus its mechanics. He was tough for me early last league but after completing him ~20 times I knew exactly what to expect and rarely die. [Deathless A8 Sirus included in video section].
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Ace_007 wrote:

I use regular chain support when farming splinters, completing simulacrum or doing 100% deliriums. I use controlled destruction for all major boss encounters. If you are dying to sirus its mechanics. He was tough for me early last league but after completing him ~20 times I knew exactly what to expect and rarely die. [Deathless A8 Sirus included in video section].

Perfect thanks. I might try chain for clearspeed. Sirus, yes my deaths are 100% solved by my knowing the fight better haha. Which pantheons do you take on him? Arakaali and Shakari?
Does anyone know exactly how damage from additional brands (i.e. Runebinder) is calculated? I would expect double the number of attached brands to equal double the DPS, at least essentially; however, toggling between 1 and 2 brands in PoB produces a MUCH less significant difference.
"
Does anyone know exactly how damage from additional brands (i.e. Runebinder) is calculated? I would expect double the number of attached brands to equal double the DPS, at least essentially; however, toggling between 1 and 2 brands in PoB produces a MUCH less significant difference.

Toggling between 1 and 2 brands is changing the value for sign of purpose. The DPS shown in PoB is per brand. So max damage is 2 brands attached, the double the PoB value. This obviously only applies to things that can survive long enough to take that much damage, like Sirus or Shaper.
where is the leveling guide?
recommended gems to level? recommended unique items to use

the guide is very clean compare to others its almost perfect but doesnt have leveling guides section

in pob its only passive skills ang basic rares.

a leveling section inside this thread with recommended uniques would be very hopeful
███۞████ಠ益ಠ██ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤... Get ze Panzer and ze flammenwerfer - kentpachi
Last edited by kentpachi on Apr 24, 2020, 7:46:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info