[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
f1rstborn wrote:
Spoiler
"
Ace_007 wrote:
Should we still take Brine King if we have Skyforth?

Edit: I know it says stun immunity in the guide, but the wording on the boots is slightly confusing. Does the 500% of mana threshold essentially mean we are never stunned? is it based off maximum or current mana? I ask because there are times I feel like I'm stunned forever, and die. smashing all my flasks and nothing happening.

With Skyforths on, your stun immunity is based off of a 32-40k value versus the 1200 or so it would be with life. Nothing will stun you, unless you are already dead.

Exactly what I was wondering; thanks. I just feel like I'm dying a ton, so trying to troubleshoot a bit.
I also have a bit of trouble with oneshots now in high red maps... trying to get over 9k ES is a bit of an issue right now, impossible to afford the Watchers Eye with Clarity right now it is way over 30ex :O
Last edited by Edimasta on Apr 21, 2020, 3:35:49 AM
wandering how good
is for this build??
ign:MonsterManJ
Last edited by johnny06071 on Apr 21, 2020, 4:14:21 AM
is it this better then atziry foible?got it for 40c,i know that the anoint is crap but wanted to put the one with golden oil on it

and i also got this corruption on the shield but i dont feel it helps that much
Last edited by norxe on Apr 21, 2020, 6:15:33 AM
Daring ideas and will shaper look great. Grand design is nice but not necessary.

As for the Amulet question, it looks nice but without foible you're going to have to make sure you have enough STR and DEX on your gear to use them. It took me a while to re-gear to get rid of the astramentis I had been using.
Thank you a lot for sharing your knowledge with us!

I'm a new POE player and I've started a Storm Brand Inquisitor build (no archmage), but the gear recommended in the guides is a lot more expensive, so I was thinking changing to this build..

The passive points won't be a problem to refund, but I was thinking: how viable is this build with an Inquisitor? How worse do you think it's going to be? I did an awful POB test with your build just changing to Inquistor and with Inquisitor I would have more damage, but a lot less ES.. what dou you think?

One thing that I couldn't find out why: the passive Inevitable Judgement decreases the damage. Can you tell me why?

Sorry for all those noob questions

PS: I know that I can change my ascendancy as well for little currency

Last edited by jvpcosta on Apr 21, 2020, 10:19:35 AM
"
johnny06071 wrote:
wandering how good
is for this build??

I can shed a bit of light with my experiences these days... the coolest new feature of this league, cluster jewels, is basically irrelevant for this build, so just foregt it :D You have no talent points to spare to skill into all of the nodes of that gem...

Fevered Mind is your focus, get as many as possible... the damage boost is absolutely insane with them :) You basically get one Healthy Mind Jewel that you socket top middle next to Mystic Bulwark, to transform the life nodes left of it to more mana... and rest of sockets is just Fevered Mind, up to 5 or 6 or more depending on your level and the points :)
"
Edimasta wrote:
"
johnny06071 wrote:
wandering how good
is for this build??

I can shed a bit of light with my experiences these days... the coolest new feature of this league, cluster jewels, is basically irrelevant for this build, so just foregt it :D You have no talent points to spare to skill into all of the nodes of that gem...

Fevered Mind is your focus, get as many as possible... the damage boost is absolutely insane with them :) You basically get one Healthy Mind Jewel that you socket top middle next to Mystic Bulwark, to transform the life nodes left of it to more mana... and rest of sockets is just Fevered Mind, up to 5 or 6 or more depending on your level and the points :)

For a crit focused version of the build like mine, he is absolutely right. I've played with all sorts of jewels and they are never worth the lost passives getting there unfortunately.
"
jvpcosta wrote:

I'm a new POE player and I've started a Storm Brand Inquisitor build (no archmage), but the gear recommended in the guides is a lot more expensive, so I was thinking changing to this build..

The passive points won't be a problem to refund, but I was thinking: how viable is this build with an Inquisitor? How worse do you think it's going to be? I did an awful POB test with your build just changing to Inquistor and with Inquisitor I would have more damage, but a lot less ES.. what dou you think?

One thing that I couldn't find out why: the passive Inevitable Judgement decreases the damage. Can you tell me why?

I tried Inquisitor on POB with my chase version of the build. I used Righteous providence, Augury of Penitence, Sanctuary and Pious Path. BIG NOTE: using inevtiable judgement will gut your dps. We make monster resists negative, this sets them to 0 instead. At the end I came out ahead on dps by almost 8% which is nice. To get this, I lost ~400ES, an additional brand, endurance charges, ~1k mana for arcane cloak and spell leech.

TL;DR it absolutely can be done on an inquisitor. It will just take some tinkering.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
jvpcosta wrote:

I tried Inquisitor on POB with my chase version of the build. I used Righteous providence, Augury of Penitence, Sanctuary and Pious Path. BIG NOTE: using inevtiable judgement will gut your dps. We make monster resists negative, this sets them to 0 instead. At the end I came out ahead on dps by almost 8% which is nice. To get this, I lost ~400ES, an additional brand, endurance charges, ~1k mana for arcane cloak and spell leech.

TL;DR it absolutely can be done on an inquisitor. It will just take some tinkering.

Thank you again for the answer! Now I understand why Inevitable Judgement decreases the damage.. Can you share with me the Path of Building of this Inquisitor version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info