[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

"
Zweetsok wrote:
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
Tigytallpants wrote:
Hey dudes, would someone mind looking over my gear and build? I think ive squeezed everything i can in its current form. Next steps will be very expensive. Tips?

https://pastebin.com/KDr9G7iJ

Tooltip dps is 3M and tops out at 9M full tilt.

5.7k ES

Quality your flasks..divine your bottled faith. Honestly with a build that poor (using 1 x large cluster and multiple 6 passive medium cluster jewels), you would be better off selling bottled faith and getting the right cluster jewels and another voices. Skill out of arcane will and focus, and remove the small naught cluster jewel to fill out the new voices/cluster jewels and pick up a small cluster purity mana reservation jewel. Any extra skill points can be used to socket ES% cobalt jewels.

I'm not sure why you are using an unset ring here..Get another cotb and replace blood rage and second wind with herald of whatever is on your ring and precision. If you were using blood rage for the frenzy charges, you can take Harmony of Purpose (10% to gain any charge on hit) instead of Radiant Crusade, you will always have full charges.

Upgrade your amulet to one with a STR or STR/INT base that has Vitality, mana res and 20% ES. Get a watcher's eye with wrath conversion, your current one is almost useless.

In summary, copy exactly what everyone else is doing

Using an unset ring will give you 2 extra gems slots (say something like smite and something else useful like abyssal cry).

For example, ailments can be used to great advantage with this build whether you are using ARC or EK. Seems everyone is focused purely on dps stats in POB these day..

When using ARC I have 80% shock effectiviness and very high crit chance.. Basically freeing every boss in place constantly. Getting 7% increased effect of non-damaging ailments on jewels goes a long way there. This will tremendously help clear speed, even using elemental proliferation gem as it will spread all over the place. This is a great extra defensive layer if you are not that high on ES yet.

POE offers greet flexibility and unless you are solely keen on min/maxing your dps there are many ways to go. Why people keep blindly following guides is beyond me. What's the fun in that? Just copying what everyone else is doing.. Great job. By the way, this isn't directed to anyone in particular, just a general observation.

I understand where your coming from and your right poe does offer flexibility when building characters, especially when looking at this build.

I also don't think anything your saying is necessarily untrue and I havnt ran the numbers through pob with the setup your running but I can't believe for 1 second it's optimal.

Also for the record alot of people including myself on this thread have moved the op guide in different directions and developed it just not quite like you have.
Just one thing for those ppl asking for advice. In my experience, it is not a good investment to upgrade 7 passive voice into 5 passive one (cost of about 17-18 ex) which can be invested for greater effect into other gear.

I used 3 x 7 passive voices up until now and could still use them, but need to upgrade my damage by replacing energy leech gem with awakened added lightinging one, so i upgraded just one voice. Got energy shield leech for a small cluster jewel now.

Currently sitting at 8.4k ES, 3.5k ES regen (not recharge), added grace as extra aura, have 75% chaos resistance and 2.7mil toolip arc in HO without inspiration activated.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on May 19, 2020, 5:39:23 AM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So for the first time since starting playing POE 1.1 I have reached level 100. Never again is what I will say.

Sheer volume of Simulacrums that had to be done was insane (extremely profitable though, pretty much funded this entire build as i started with freezing pulse build). Did Chayula's Pure Breachstones for the final bit as i died once in simulacrum and losing 10% mid way between 99-100 showed me how time consuming that was.

Build is solid and do expect a hefty nerf as a result. All content (except Atziri and HOGM) becomes trivial.
That being said the Delirium temporal anomaly is a royal pain in the back side and if combined with chill pretty much makes you equivalent to being frozen and 99.9% of my deaths have been from that combination.
The other 0.1% is from performance issues due to the INSANE dumpster diving into 50million mobs when doing nutty maps; just have no idea what you are doing and end up being in a position too long due to lag.

The remaining upgrades costs equal or more than a Headhunter (which is over priced in my opinion) and so dont see the value. I could potentially self craft but Alva not giving me a Corruption Temple in over 10+ temples is annoying. Can tweak jewels but again cost/benefit is poor now.

Lost for what to do now so will probably just kick back and relax and finally do some delving.
Praying that the nerf will allow existing items to become legacy so that this character can be played in standard (got some gear there I want to try), not like standard is full of broken characters anyway. Do expect this all to go in the bin unfortunately - will do a minutes silence if that happens.

Two-three weeks until we find out.

There are still plenty of upgrades you can make without coming close to HH prices. A +2 projectile chest will set you back 15-18ex and provide you with a massive DPS boost. You can also get corrupted gloves with spell crit or +1 maximum frenzy charges, these are pretty cheap. I'm actually pretty surprised that you spent ~300ex for 2 x 3 passive voices to pick up things like 6% ES nodes and a savour the moment small cluster jewel over these relatively cheap upgrades.

If you are interested in making further changes to the build - which aren't necessary, the extra skill points would be better utilised by (1) switching from Chayula's to rare amulet with vitality/ES%/mana reservation and damage penetrates elemental res or chaos res, (2) picking up a chaos resistance small cluster jewel and (3) replacing savour the moment and one of the other small cluster jewels with ES% cobalt jewels either with mana reservation or chaos resistance. I don't know if that will get you another aura, but it might let you throw in stuff like Smite, Vaal RF as the vitality socket is freed up. It might also let you skip Enlighten and you might be able to link Empower with Discipline for +700 ES.

I agree with k4n3's comment about voices. Guardian doesn't really benefit that much from lower passive voices, it helps the build come on line quicker, but you always check the costs/benefits of upgrading, be it from 7 to 5, or 5 to 3 passive voices. I think its difficult to justify spending 150ex to pickup two ES%6 nodes and would be one of the last upgrades I would be making on a Guardian.
"
BrettLee wrote:

I agree with k4n3's comment about voices. Guardian doesn't really benefit that much from lower passive voices, it helps the build come on line quicker, but you always check the costs/benefits of upgrading, be it from 7 to 5, or 5 to 3 passive voices. I think its difficult to justify spending 150ex to pickup two ES%6 nodes and would be one of the last upgrades I would be making on a Guardian.

Exactly.

going from 5 to 3 passive voice for a cost of about 150 ex is imho only good if your other gear is top notch and upgrading it costs many dozens of exalts for a little bonus. For 150 ex you can gain massive upgrades (like switching to high chaos resistance high ES belt as well as %es and chaos resistance jewels and cluster jewels with extra chaos res. Believe the difference between capped chaos res and -60% is huge, and will boost your survivability a lot.

Also getting a couple more 1% rmr jewels and perhaps enlighten on heavy mana auras will let you get grace, which gives a whooping 62-65% chance to evade attacks which is huge survivability boost.

After doing it, you will be still left with dozens of free exalts for other upgrades. My entire gear costs only about 220ish exalts while still having 2 x 7 passive voices.

"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on May 19, 2020, 6:02:32 AM
@facelessman122

Yeah I understand.. Well my build changes almost from hour to hour. So what you saw may have changed already. I'm not looking at the optimal build as it usually is constrained by the ammount of currency you have.

I just like playing around with different options and what actually works for me ingame and increases my clear speed, boss clearinng, whatever. It's part of the fun for me. Like right now I'm focussing on non damaging ailments and crit because I love seeing frozen bosses, even in things like all layers of abyssal depths and such. Damage is way high enough to clear any content anyways.

I think I've spent over 3 or 4 ex in regrets on both my stormbrand character and this one combined trying out different options.
Last edited by Zweetsok on May 19, 2020, 6:05:25 AM
"
Zweetsok wrote:
@facelessman122

Yeah I understand.. Well my build changes almost from hour to hour. So what you saw may have changed already. I'm not looking at the optimal build as it usually is constrained by the ammount of currency you have.

I just like playing around with different options and what actually works for me ingame and increases my clear speed, boss clearinng, whatever. It's part of the fun for me. Like right now I'm focussing on non damaging ailments and crit because I love seeing frozen bosses, even in things like all layers of abyssal depths and such. Damage is way high enough to clear any content anyways.

I think I've spent over 3 or 4 ex in regrets on both my stormbrand character and this one combined trying out different options.

Fair enough. I'm sure your already aware that a second cotb will give you alot more converted cold damage for easier perma freezing of almost everything.
"
k4n3 wrote:
"
BrettLee wrote:

Exactly.

going from 5 to 3 passive voice for a cost of about 150 ex is imho only good if your other gear is top notch and upgrading it costs many dozens of exalts for a little bonus. For 150 ex you can gain massive upgrades (like switching to high chaos resistance high ES belt as well as %es and chaos resistance jewels and cluster jewels with extra chaos res. Believe the difference between capped chaos res and -60% is huge, and will boost your survivability a lot.

Also getting a couple more 1% rmr jewels and perhaps enlighten on heavy mana auras will let you get grace, which gives a whooping 62-65% chance to evade attacks which is huge survivability boost.

After doing it, you will be still left with dozens of free exalts for other upgrades. My entire gear costs only about 220ish exalts while still having 2 x 7 passive voices.

It depends on your budget I suppose. I couldnt justify moving to 3p voices but could easily justify 5p (admittedly I dropped one 5 and they were cheaper when I started this build).
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 19, 2020, 6:26:17 AM
"
BrettLee wrote:
"
Mentalmike wrote:
So for the first time since starting playing POE 1.1 I have reached level 100. Never again is what I will say.

Sheer volume of Simulacrums that had to be done was insane (extremely profitable though, pretty much funded this entire build as i started with freezing pulse build). Did Chayula's Pure Breachstones for the final bit as i died once in simulacrum and losing 10% mid way between 99-100 showed me how time consuming that was.

Build is solid and do expect a hefty nerf as a result. All content (except Atziri and HOGM) becomes trivial.
That being said the Delirium temporal anomaly is a royal pain in the back side and if combined with chill pretty much makes you equivalent to being frozen and 99.9% of my deaths have been from that combination.
The other 0.1% is from performance issues due to the INSANE dumpster diving into 50million mobs when doing nutty maps; just have no idea what you are doing and end up being in a position too long due to lag.

The remaining upgrades costs equal or more than a Headhunter (which is over priced in my opinion) and so dont see the value. I could potentially self craft but Alva not giving me a Corruption Temple in over 10+ temples is annoying. Can tweak jewels but again cost/benefit is poor now.

Lost for what to do now so will probably just kick back and relax and finally do some delving.
Praying that the nerf will allow existing items to become legacy so that this character can be played in standard (got some gear there I want to try), not like standard is full of broken characters anyway. Do expect this all to go in the bin unfortunately - will do a minutes silence if that happens.

Two-three weeks until we find out.

There are still plenty of upgrades you can make without coming close to HH prices. A +2 projectile chest will set you back 15-18ex and provide you with a massive DPS boost. You can also get corrupted gloves with spell crit or +1 maximum frenzy charges, these are pretty cheap. I'm actually pretty surprised that you spent ~300ex for 2 x 3 passive voices to pick up things like 6% ES nodes and a savour the moment small cluster jewel over these relatively cheap upgrades.

If you are interested in making further changes to the build - which aren't necessary, the extra skill points would be better utilised by (1) switching from Chayula's to rare amulet with vitality/ES%/mana reservation and damage penetrates elemental res or chaos res, (2) picking up a chaos resistance small cluster jewel and (3) replacing savour the moment and one of the other small cluster jewels with ES% cobalt jewels either with mana reservation or chaos resistance. I don't know if that will get you another aura, but it might let you throw in stuff like Smite, Vaal RF as the vitality socket is freed up. It might also let you skip Enlighten and you might be able to link Empower with Discipline for +700 ES.

Thanks for the advice, will look into the +2 projectiles chest and rare amulet. I have recently tweaked the build for more mana reserve on jewels. Next aim is to free up the enlighten slot.
I really want to double corrupt my own uniques (its just so much fun) hence why I complained about Alva not giving me a single corruption alter in so many temples but iam running out of Alva dailies now so perhaps its another payment to be made.
To clarify, I didnt spend 300+ex for the 3 passive voices. I found them both whilst running simulacrums. I did a freezing pulse totem character as my league starter, got me to end game, ran bunch of simulacrums and got a 3 passive voices. Due to the insane price tag (130ex at the time) i looked into why it was so popular and that led me here. Whilst levelling this character (as in level 93+ levelling) got a 2nd 3 passive voices in Simulacrum. All other gear has been bought through raised currency from simulacrums and Sirus. Majority of my income has been from gems (levelling, simulacrums and incubators) and unidentified watcher's eyes (at least 100ex from that).

Iam sitting pretty at 8.7k ES now and 3.2mil tool tip dps without any charges. Be nice to get an empower with discipline think that is the next goal.
I am having problems allocating all my auras now that I upgraded to a vitality + doryanis boots. My HP is not even touching 1k, and I don't really know how to raise it.

Should I just farm more levels and stack strength? I seem to have all the basics covered.
"
Goumes wrote:
I am having problems allocating all my auras now that I upgraded to a vitality + doryanis boots. My HP is not even touching 1k, and I don't really know how to raise it.

Should I just farm more levels and stack strength? I seem to have all the basics covered.

More auras means you need more reduced Mana reservation. Increasing your hp by any means isn't the way to fix your issues.

Change your amulet to a rmr rare and/or add rmr jewels and/or conquerors efficiency if you havnt already.

Or thinking about it increase your heraldry cluster jewels depending on how much your herald are costing.

Its a balancing act.
Last edited by facelessman122 on May 19, 2020, 9:56:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info