[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

Okay maybe I'm doing something wrong. Too bad I don't have a POB because I already broke down the character. I spent 200 ex on this build and while I don't die, the build seems slow as hell. Yes I 1-shot packs of normal mobs, but bosses take way too long to kill with EK. Is it because I was using Chain? Would Inspiration have been a better choice?

I had 10M tooltip DPS with every single relevant aura except Determination. Maligaros, all gems lvl 21, about 60% chance to crit with

I had three 5-point Voices; running 6 Heraldry, 3 Endbringer. Both rings at 48% conversion. I don't get it. Why is this build considered OP. I don't *think* I was doing anything wrong, but Kosis took me like 12 seconds to kill, compared to 3 seconds for my Ice Nova guy.
IGN: Kaasi (Incursion,) Borkrak (Standard)
Last edited by Accaris on May 7, 2020, 3:33:08 PM
"
Accaris wrote:
Okay maybe I'm doing something wrong. Too bad I don't have a POB because I already broke down the character. I spent 200 ex on this build and while I don't die, the build seems slow as hell. Yes I 1-shot packs of normal mobs, but bosses take way too long to kill with EK. Is it because I was using Chain? Would Inspiration have been a better choice?

I had 10M tooltip DPS with every single relevant aura except Determination. Maligaros, all gems lvl 21, about 60% chance to crit with

I had three 5-point Voices; running 6 Heraldry, 3 Endbringer. Both rings at 48% conversion. I don't get it. Why is this build considered OP. I don't *think* I was doing anything wrong, but Kosis took me like 12 seconds to kill, compared to 3 seconds for my Ice Nova guy.
You're definitely missing something there. I 1-shot most bosses. Kosis I kite around a bit until he casts his big beam effect so he's stuck in one place, then it takes at most 2 seconds to kill him. I phase Shaper in less than a second.

I'm level 98, but I don't have 3x5p voices, I'm still only running 1 of those and 2x7s versions, and I'm only using a single awakened gem.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Heya

Made the leap and respecced my char. Using cyclone coc arc.

Any tip on what I should focus on to up my dps would be really appreciated. I don't have any awakened gems, using rare boots/helm and such so far. Some levels on some auras still missing. I don't have inspired learning either.

https://pastebin.com/5i5fCyDq

Thank you!
Sorry for writing here but need help.
I dont play this exactly build because its very expensive for me but an aura stucking variation.
Not as strong as this build but still capable for a lot of.

My problem is that i die a lot.
Not because I dont have defenses but because randomly an aura will be deactivated.
It happens in almost every map.
Sometimes is a herald (not big deal) or haste or any not crucial aura.
Other times is a purity (means subzero resistances) or discipline (almost 5k less es) and this is deadly.

I dont think its mana problem. I have 200 unreserved mana and 270 mana reg
and when i spam my main skill i dont see below 140 mana.

I removed all skills from q/w/e/r/t and ctr version in case i was clicking anything by mistake.

No luck with what I have done.
Do you have any suggestion?

I am 97 and I want to hit level 100 for first time.

"
Geraki2019 wrote:
Sorry for writing here but need help.
I dont play this exactly build because its very expensive for me but an aura stucking variation.
Not as strong as this build but still capable for a lot of.

My problem is that i die a lot.
Not because I dont have defenses but because randomly an aura will be deactivated.
It happens in almost every map.
Sometimes is a herald (not big deal) or haste or any not crucial aura.
Other times is a purity (means subzero resistances) or discipline (almost 5k less es) and this is deadly.

I dont think its mana problem. I have 200 unreserved mana and 270 mana reg
and when i spam my main skill i dont see below 140 mana.

I removed all skills from q/w/e/r/t and ctr version in case i was clicking anything by mistake.

No luck with what I have done.
Do you have any suggestion?

I am 97 and I want to hit level 100 for first time.

Are you accidentally right clicking the aura icons at the top of the screen? This will turn them off.

You can fix this by going into options / UI / scroll down to and uncheck show aura icons.

Crafted boots and a belt to hit the breakpoint, my aps is about 11 with little effort. Need to test afew things, like get elusive back on a small cluster. First impressions seem good, definitely proc more arc/spark.
"
Accaris wrote:

EK is arguably the weaker skill on a tight budget. But with 200m invested, it should easily clap everything. With that money, you should have been able to buy +2 chest, +2 shield (cheap), +2 OR enchant helmet, a good mana reserve amulet and a good watcher's eye.

To answer your question, yes, Chain is good for clearing maps and for early waves in Simulacrum. But if you were finding the damage a bit low, be it on T16 100% or later waves in Simulacrum, it would have been a good idea to switch it out for a straight DPS skill gem. As an example, my DPS with awakened cold pen is 58.7m (no RF, smite or charges) compared to 36.6m with chain. I'm at a point now where I don't need to swap gems, but I was doing so while levelling and before upgrading my gear.

I would add that your watcher's eye is pretty average, you want Phys to Lightning. Mine is just a double mod and provides 42% DPS compared to yours which provides 20% DPS (on my build). I use Awakened Chain Support, but if I switch in Cold Penetration, my tooltip is 16.6m without any charges, and >20m with inspiration charges.

I also highly doubt that you had the build complete at level 91. Extra levels opens up a bunch of DPS options with jewels such as secrets of suffering, grand spectrum x 3 or additional cobalt jewels with ES%/chaos res/cast speed/etc.

And with a 200ex investment, you should not need x6 Heraldry. It sounds like you didn't make too much effort to get the most out of the build. And yes, there are other builds out there with similar DPS/clear speeds, but none of them come close to how tanky this build is.
Last edited by BrettLee on May 7, 2020, 7:48:07 PM
Ok, everyone! I made the jump off Chayula because I wanted to meme around with Vitality, but even giving up tailwindand aspect of the avian to do so, so I ended up with a LOT of unreserved mana and I'm running 2 heraldry 7 endbringer for now. I'm not even sure if my damage or survivability went up or down but it feels pretty cool. Not sure what I should even do now... Should I save for 5p voices, or a +2 chest or shield or something?
"
muunisti wrote:
"
I'm fairly sure it's 10.1 aps at 52 icrs. Assuming my research is accurate.

If it's 15 aps then I'm probably up s#@t creek without a paddle.

I just took the figures from here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

Had to lower my Haste to lvl 13 (which takes a bit of movement speed also) to get to the 7.57 aps.

Yea it could go a lot faster with tailwind boots and using vaal haste. Also not using Smite so much would shave a lot of time :)

Hi i'm running cyclone CoC arc as well but i'm not very familiar with the APS threshold and mechanics. I have been researching on cyclone proc rates but I dont understand it well. I supposed you are looking at cyclone's APS right?

Do you think you can take a look at my build and give me some suggestions if i'm not hitting the right amount of APS?

https://pastebin.com/kt7GGyMt
Anyone had any success with HotGM? Gubbin still gibs me instantly. -_-

Maybe switch to traps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info