[3.10] HOWA Anyskill Split Personality Juggernaut - Beyond expectation! (3000 INT, 13000 ES)

"
Teikkenn wrote:
This is the build i have questions: https://pastebin.com/b8TsHyZy

idk why they use Ball Lightning, and if i already have elemental weakness i should change my conductivity or Ball Lightning to another thing?
So they're not doing anything with dual curses, they're just not using Conductivity. If they were, it would be overwritten by the Ele Weakness in the gloves anyway... so they're avoiding wasting the gem slot.

As skillzq explained, they're using Ball Lightning to hit things and maximise their ES on hit for sustain. If you check out skill's profile you'll see they're doing the same.

ES on hit is a little like life leech, or ES leech, except there's no cap on it and it's instant. Ball Lightning is fantastic for this as it hits a target once every 150ms (almost 7 times a second) for lots of hits. Add in GMP and you have five of these balls, each hitting any target in contact with them once every 150ms (each ball shares the same cooldown, so it's once every 150ms per target regardless of how many balls touch that target, so having a spread of them with GMP helps touch more). When you're in the middle of a Delirium fog and surrounded by mobs, that's a lot of hits pushing you back to full ES with 20-30 ES per hit every time it triggers.

(You can swap out GMP for Slower Projectiles on bosses so it stays in range longer for more hits, but sometimes having the spread helps too if they move around so it's 50/50 depending on the boss)

The ES on hit is also why things like Multistrike, Ancestral Call and high attack speed help so much with this build, boosting both DPS and survivability.

If I were in your shoes I'd look grabbing a pair of Fen's boots and getting Aspect of the Spider on a ring. You'll potentially lose some ES (from the boots) and some damage (from the ring), but you'll be a whole lot tankier for it. The sustain from "on hit" is one of the elements that makes this build so strong. Eventually you could upgrade to the ES on hit Watcher's Eye and have a bit more freedom with gearing.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Apr 18, 2020, 9:35:35 PM
hi everyone,

great build, using it myself for like 4/5 days and it changed my life lol.

I have 2 questions as I'm starting to min / max the build

Can you please tell me if life gained on hit works on ES since we have Ghost River ? I'd like to switch to corrupted AS HOWA instead of life gained of hit howa but I don't want to lose too much ES regen if life gained on hit works on ES leech.

second question : do you know why the tooltip ingame show such a large difference between lightning strike & molten strike ? lightning strike is around 622K dps in tooltip in game for me and MS is 476K. I'm using LS for map clearing but idk if I should switch to MS for boss or not ? I have really poor knowledge of POB and I can just watch tree / item on it but don't know if I can simulate my true DPS with it as I believe MS is a bit tricky to simulate.

Thanks !
"
Lancelx wrote:
hi everyone,

great build, using it myself for like 4/5 days and it changed my life lol.

I have 2 questions as I'm starting to min / max the build

Can you please tell me if life gained on hit works on ES since we have Ghost River ? I'd like to switch to corrupted AS HOWA instead of life gained of hit howa but I don't want to lose too much ES regen if life gained on hit works on ES leech.

second question : do you know why the tooltip ingame show such a large difference between lightning strike & molten strike ? lightning strike is around 622K dps in tooltip in game for me and MS is 476K. I'm using LS for map clearing but idk if I should switch to MS for boss or not ? I have really poor knowledge of POB and I can just watch tree / item on it but don't know if I can simulate my true DPS with it as I believe MS is a bit tricky to simulate.

Thanks !

LGOH doesn't work with Ghost Reaver as it only applies to leech. The implicit LGOH on the claws is useless for us.

The tooltip for Molten Strike is only referring to the initial melee hit. The real damage are in the projectile balls.
"
Lancelx wrote:
Just to build on what skill cleared up... you do benefit from life regeneration through Zealot's Oath and life leech through Ghost Reaver, but anything else life related (+max life, %max life, life on hit) is ignored on the build.

"
Lancelx wrote:
second question : do you know why the tooltip ingame show such a large difference between lightning strike & molten strike ?
Molten Strike has one of the messier calculations for (accurate) average damage. There are multiple calculators out there to help estimate it, but all include some potential assumptions based on model size of target and assumed hit rate of projectiles on that target. Ranges swing from 30-66% on that type of thing. As long as a change is pushing the numbers up, it's good :P

"
Lancelx wrote:
... I'm starting to min / max the build
Potentially can make some fast gains just tweaking your tree if you fancied.

If you were to drop the jewel socket the Eye is in (+2 passives, can just move the eye to the current least efficient Split location below EO) and drop Beef and Wisdom of the Glade you'd be able to move your top right large cluster jewel down to the bottom left more efficient location. Would give a net gain in Int and either Dex or ES depending which Split's you wanted to move around.
i see a lot ppl using Atziri's Reflection and natural affinity.
you guy think its worth it?
i thought about trying it and mix maybe a fan of blades cluster in!?
cheers
Last edited by izumy on Apr 19, 2020, 8:13:09 AM
Actually I don´t share the opinion of the most People here… I am quite dissapointed in the build.

Started out yesterday, put in around 70 exalts Investment and the results are really lackluster. First I wanted to Play with Lightning Strike, so I used a different Gem Setup. Map Clear was fine, Boss-DPS was a freaking Joke. I rerolled for the Molten Strike Setup and yes, there is some Damage - but honestly? My Pathfinder does literally double the dmg with better Map clear and more Tankyness by less Investment.

Why do I post this here: It is not supposed to be a rant, Maybe I did something wrong and I would kindly like to ask you to have a look on the current Setup.

Following the passive tree exactly, skipped the first big Wheel due to only Level 86, took the other ones as recommended and running 5x split personality with int/ES, 2x with Int Str and 1x with int and Dex.

I have around 1900 Int, 400 Str and 600 Dex.

If you Need any further Information, let me know. I´ll be happy to update.
"
Vennto wrote:
Actually I don´t share the opinion of the most People here… I am quite dissapointed in the build.
You've no sustain. Without it you'll die. You should probably fix that. It's pretty fundamental to how the build works.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
You've no sustain. Without it you'll die. You should probably fix that. It's pretty fundamental to how the build works.

First of all my Problem was with the lacking Damage, not the substain. Second I substain via leech from Passive Jewels and on the Lightning Build via the Amulett, the Leech is plenty.

The Problem is the build doesnt do the dmg he should do at this Point of gear and eats oneshots.
Last edited by Vennto on Apr 19, 2020, 1:54:12 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:

First of all my Problem was with the lacking Damage, not the substain. Second I substain via leech from Passive Jewels and on the Lightning Build via the Amulett, the Leech is plenty.

The Problem is the build doesnt do the dmg he should do at this Point of gear and eats oneshots.

you have no pen from wise oak, you have no aspect of the spider, you still havnt hit the level where you gain a lot of int quickly, at your level you basically just stretched out the tree. 1900 is not a lot of int. 2500 would be a good start. those 3 things make a massive difference in dps
Last edited by Goresplattered138 on Apr 19, 2020, 4:18:01 PM
"
Vennto wrote:

Started out yesterday, put in around 70 exalts Investment and the results are really lackluster. First I wanted to Play with Lightning Strike, so I used a different Gem Setup. Map Clear was fine, Boss-DPS was a freaking Joke. I rerolled for the Molten Strike Setup and yes, there is some Damage - but honestly? My Pathfinder does literally double the dmg with better Map clear and more Tankyness by less Investment.

Why do I post this here: It is not supposed to be a rant, Maybe I did something wrong and I would kindly like to ask you to have a look on the current Setup.

Yeah, I was disappointed with the build for awhile too, especially considering how expensive it is. But I'm quite satisfied with my build now, I even like it more than my herald stacking build. So here is my take on this:

Build title is kinda misleading. Its not any skill, its molten strike because your single target dmg is going to be shit with anything other than MS.

Do you have ES gain on hit watcher eye? If not, use Fenumus' Spinnerets. It will significantly improve your ability to tank. Once you have that, put in a 4L: CWDT (lvl 1) -> wave of conviction -> ball lightning -> GMP. Try to aim for 2k+ intel and 10k+ ES. Use a shield if you have to. Level is also pretty important because you want as many jewel sockets as possible.

This build shines in simulacrum, and its pretty much impossible to die in Sirus and UE. You're also permanently immune to chaos dmg and elemental ailment. That said it won't have nearly the same dps potential as herald stacking or other top tier dps build. A lot of the gears is also pretty overpriced like the int/ES jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info