[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
Mistwalker wrote:
Small caveat, the large cluster gems on the bezos level pob you have in the guide i'm fairly sure don't exist. Deadly rep + deep cuts + feed the fury seem to be impossible to find or just simply don't exist.

You're totally right, I screwed that up. It would be a 3 prefix jewel that way. I've updated my post to change that thing.

New PoB for it has some adjustments for more leech and less damage and slightly more life now:
https://pastebin.com/GLn9TTdn
~22M DPS is still ridiculous.

I'm currently divining some Brutal Restraints to replace the Fluid Motion jewel and move that one up to the scion jewel slot to find one that gives %dex on the nodes which should be another nice boost to DPS.

I'm still experimenting with rare item replacements for some of the uniques to get rid of that resistance problem and even more damage but haven't come to a satisfying conclusion yet but I think there might be some crafting shenanigans that might surpass the setup.

Sorry for multi posting, but the questions, they must be asked! Any reason why prowess over say smite the weak?
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
"
Rainbowish wrote:
Thanks! I'll try out Echo's after I grab the gear.

Also, what affixes do we prioritise?

Slightly confused whether we use two handed or single handed weapon damage (or neither applies?) since it's calculated in PoB. I'm also using Dancing Duo if that changes anything. Also Axe, Sword, Mace, Melee wep etc modifiers.

Is it only Dex and global modifiers that work with our build? Anything with Dual Wielding works I assume?

Global modifiers and modifiers to Duel Wielding affect our damage. If you are using dancing duo, it does not affect the build at all. Once it detaches, you count as unarmed/duel wielding. For affixes, #1 priority is dex, followed by res. That said, capping res is the #1 priority, but on each individual piece of gear getting good dex is the top priority as long as you can cap res with the piece.

Sorry just trying to get the wording here, so One-Handed Weapon modifiers won't work?

Makes it a bit harder to compare gems then.

So that makes, in terms of Offensive modifiers, we can use:

(#)% increased Attack Damage while Dual Wielding
Global Crit and Phys Dmg, Attack Speed Modifiers
+Dex
Global Melee Modifiers (mainly Jewel suffixes; Damage, Crit Chance)

Anything that requires a specific weapon (Mace, Sword etc.) or a sub-global category (One-Handed, Two-Handed) does not increase our damage.
Finally managed to colour my body armour sockets correctly after wasting way too many chromatic orbs, which enabled me to put my new rings on and spec into Vaal Pact. So far it's doing great and I'll just save my currency for now. Until yesterday I wasn't able to craft the +8% increased Life/Mana enchant and was using 9% Dodge Spell Hits which sounded not too bad.
Do we need the Spell Dodge or should I just proceed with crafting the 8% life on chest? I guess max life helps with everything not just spells, so it would be the logical thing to do.

"
Mistwalker wrote:

Sorry for multi posting, but the questions, they must be asked! Any reason why prowess over say smite the weak?

Boils down to personal preference I guess. I like the IAS it comes with. I'm not using maim on my Flesh & Stone and only get maim when I place my Vaal Ancestral Warchief. The overall DPS numbers in PoE were the main reason as I wanted to get the most out of it. Mileage might vary if you go the Flesh & Stone + Maim Support route.
My current char has one instance of Smite The Weak in it. switching that to Martial Prowess yields me more DPS so that's simply the main reason. Might've PoB-warrior'd that a little too much tho. :)
Last edited by kreedzfreak on Apr 7, 2020, 7:55:04 AM
can anyone check my build rn and what to go for next?

here is my pastebin :https://pastebin.com/rUvzjgMV
"
Rainbowish wrote:

Sorry just trying to get the wording here, so One-Handed Weapon modifiers won't work?

Makes it a bit harder to compare gems then.

So that makes, in terms of Offensive modifiers, we can use:

(#)% increased Attack Damage while Dual Wielding
Global Crit and Phys Dmg, Attack Speed Modifiers
+Dex
Global Melee Modifiers (mainly Jewel suffixes; Damage, Crit Chance)

Anything that requires a specific weapon (Mace, Sword etc.) or a sub-global category (One-Handed, Two-Handed) does not increase our damage.

That is correct. But you don't want crit chance or multi, since unarmed has a base crit chance of 0%. The optimal jewel for the build (other than Split personality) is %life, flat dex, dex/str hybrid, and %increased global phys.
"
toastybubble wrote:
Any suggestions/tips I can work on with my build?

https://pastebin.com/qRSE9XXw

I have about 25 ex budget to improve on. I'm able to do juiced T16s + simul with this current setup, have not tried any other bosses. I value tankiness but not sure how I would go about incorporating chaos res into my current setup.

I did a quick check and all your gear looks good. With 25 ex your next step is to switch to a Split Personality variant. For you, I'd recommend Echo's version (PoB link in the main post). There's another version made by Kreedz, but it requires a higher budget. I think you can make echo's work on 25 ex.

One change you should make right now though: put fluid motion by the life wheel left of start, not where it is now. It gives you much more dex over there.
"
Denisian wrote:
Finally managed to colour my body armour sockets correctly after wasting way too many chromatic orbs, which enabled me to put my new rings on and spec into Vaal Pact. So far it's doing great and I'll just save my currency for now. Until yesterday I wasn't able to craft the +8% increased Life/Mana enchant and was using 9% Dodge Spell Hits which sounded not too bad.
Do we need the Spell Dodge or should I just proceed with crafting the 8% life on chest? I guess max life helps with everything not just spells, so it would be the logical thing to do.

Max life is better. We already have anywhere from 70-79 spell block based on build, so a little bit of spell dodge only gives you an additional 2ish percent chance to avoid spells, as they don't stack additively.
"
JohnKKramer wrote:
can anyone check my build rn and what to go for next?

here is my pastebin :https://pastebin.com/rUvzjgMV

Your next steps are to either optimize your cluster jewels (the further away one isn't very good) or grab a Pride double damage watchers eye (3-4 ex).
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
Mistwalker wrote:

Boils down to personal preference I guess. I like the IAS it comes with. I'm not using maim on my Flesh & Stone and only get maim when I place my Vaal Ancestral Warchief. The overall DPS numbers in PoE were the main reason as I wanted to get the most out of it. Mileage might vary if you go the Flesh & Stone + Maim Support route.
My current char has one instance of Smite The Weak in it. switching that to Martial Prowess yields me more DPS so that's simply the main reason. Might've PoB-warrior'd that a little too much tho. :)

Gotcha, was curious what was weighted higher dps in pob, guess that attack speed seals the deal.

Oof, switching from slayer clusters to glad clusters is even more expensive, ouch. Well guess i'll see if 50% block is enough otherwise might have to retool the tree.
Last edited by Mistwalker on Apr 7, 2020, 12:17:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info