[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

Another vouch for a great build. Did my first simulacrum and it was an easy 20/20 deathless. I do have a question though so forgive me if answered previously.

How much do we value vulnerability curse on hit instead of dex on a ring?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Another vouch for a great build. Did my first simulacrum and it was an easy 20/20 deathless. I do have a question though so forgive me if answered previously.

How much do we value vulnerability curse on hit instead of dex on a ring?

Dex is an overall stronger option, as the build scales dex to help us in multiple ways (damage, life, evasion, etc.). That said, if you just want to scale damage the Vulnerability is probably better. You should check on PoB what deals more damage. (Set the enemy to cursed with vulnerability and see damage. Turn vulnerability off, and then edit a jewel to have 50 dex on it, simulating what having dex on a ring would do.
"
guanqi wrote:
I must say this is a fantastic build! Smooth AF during leveling, surprisingly good map clear, 20/20 sim deathless and bosses up to guardians and A6 Sirus are very comfortable. (I'm sure A8, shaper and UE will be no issue, just didn't get there yet). I'm pretty sure this is the build I want to focus on this league, and thus I don't mind dumping currency into it. sitting on 5ex right now, and will be farming with this build, so I'm sure earning another 10-15ex will be no issue.

So, I'm looking for advise on what to improve next assuming a hypothetical 10-15ex budget. I'm currently 8ex in, think most of my gear is decent. I want to push for more damage and a little more hp (currently sitting 4.9k which is still tanky but a little uncomfortable)

IGN: CNW_Block_CYC, which should be my display char, profile should be public

All your gear is looking good. If you want more life, try to get a helmet with Dex, Strength, and high life (110-130 flat). This is the best possible helm for the build. It is a large boost to life, and roughly damage neutral when compared to Starkonja's. Otherwise, the other main way to improve damage, while staying neutral on defensive changes, is to rework your tree to use split personality jewels. I might do so soon for my own, in which case I'll upload a PoB for it. The way you choose to do a Split Personality build largely depend on preference, and there are a lot of PoBs shared so I'd recommend checking those out to see how they work and what to aim for. A lot of them drop off some defense to gain more damage, a many people enjoy that, but they are easily reworkable to be balanced and maintain the defense of the original build if that's what you want. Otherwise, just copy one of the 15-20m dps ones lol.
Hi all, here's a new PoB for a variant on the build with max chaos resistance: https://pastebin.com/HpY4cjkd

This is what I'd recommend for HC players, or anyone having trouble with Sirus (he has a few attacks with chaos damage. If you can't dodge them then you need chaos res). It loses some dps as it specs primarily out of damage in order to fit the chaos res, but if you prefer keeping damage up you can easily spec out of some of the additional life picked up and grab damage again. This is also easily able to be worked into Split personality variants, as all you need to use is two 3 passive small cluster jewels. The cluster jewel sockets nearest to start don't give a ton of stats anyways, and are honestly a waste of a 5 ex Split Personality jewel, so you can just use the nearest 3 sockets on your large cluster jewels to grab the two chaos jewels and Hollow Palm. It's rounded off by anointing Cleansed Thoughts onto your amulet, replacing forceful skewering, which is a negligible dps boost anyways
Thoughts on pathing down to Spirit Void (next to Vitality Void)? Or would it not sustain enough? I don't have a -15 mana cost chest yet and find myself unable to sustain if I use Pride.

Also, thoughts on Echo604's and kreedz builds and their adv/disadvantages against yours?

I guess kreedz build is just pretty costly, but the DPS is pre impressive.

Any thoughts on what Jewels to prioritise for first other than Hollow Palm? I'm just starting out using it and having a lot of fun levelling doing <t11 maps.
"
Rainbowish wrote:
Thoughts on pathing down to Spirit Void (next to Vitality Void)? Or would it not sustain enough? I don't have a -15 mana cost chest yet and find myself unable to sustain if I use Pride.

Also, thoughts on Echo604's and kreedz builds and their adv/disadvantages against yours?

I guess kreedz build is just pretty costly, but the DPS is pre impressive.

Any thoughts on what Jewels to prioritise for first other than Hollow Palm? I'm just starting out using it and having a lot of fun levelling doing <t11 maps.

Negatives for Kreedz are: -60 chaos res and 5k life at the very max. That tree with 5k life is level 100 with obscene gear lol. Level 100 is ridiculously hard to get anyways, and there aren't many droppable points on the build that aren't life. At level 90-95 you'd likely have sub 4.5k life, on a build that is meant to be tanky. In my opinion it goes way too far in favor of damage and has way too little life. Life is the most important defense by far. This build would get deleted by Sirus and Hezmin (-60 chaos res and low life).

Negatives for Echo: nothing really except for a bit lower block chance. It has very good life though, and evade is good when Flesh and Stone blind is on. I overall like this build, and the pricing on it is less absurd. It drops roughly 10 mil dps relative to Kreedz, but gains a lot of defense in return. DPS past a certain point is no longer a good investment anyways. It also only uses 4 Split personalities, which leaves it as only 16ish exalts worth of jewels, rather than 30ish.

I'd consider Echo's build to be the final successor to mine, as it has similar defenses, max chaos res (a priority of mine), high life, and very good dps. I'd still recommend fully gearing out the normal slots first, but when normal gearing is done, the final step is to switch over to a tree similar to his with similar jewels.

Kreedz build is more of a true variant. It prioritizes stats differently (Damage > defense) and such should be considered. If you want to be getting deathless boss kills, I don't recommend, but if you want to melt bosses ASAP it's good.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Apr 6, 2020, 5:03:07 PM
Great build that I'm enjoying.

I've spent some time trying to get this to be more tanky, and this is what I have so far:

https://pastebin.com/ycNYmska

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Thanks! I'll try out Echo's after I grab the gear.

Also, what affixes do we prioritise?

Slightly confused whether we use two handed or single handed weapon damage (or neither applies?) since it's calculated in PoB. I'm also using Dancing Duo if that changes anything. Also Axe, Sword, Mace, Melee wep etc modifiers.

Is it only Dex and global modifiers that work with our build? Anything with Dual Wielding works I assume?
"
Rainbowish wrote:
Thanks! I'll try out Echo's after I grab the gear.

Also, what affixes do we prioritise?

Slightly confused whether we use two handed or single handed weapon damage (or neither applies?) since it's calculated in PoB. I'm also using Dancing Duo if that changes anything. Also Axe, Sword, Mace, Melee wep etc modifiers.

Is it only Dex and global modifiers that work with our build? Anything with Dual Wielding works I assume?

Global modifiers and modifiers to Duel Wielding affect our damage. If you are using dancing duo, it does not affect the build at all. Once it detaches, you count as unarmed/duel wielding. For affixes, #1 priority is dex, followed by res. That said, capping res is the #1 priority, but on each individual piece of gear getting good dex is the top priority as long as you can cap res with the piece.
"
TheGodZeus wrote:
Great build that I'm enjoying.

I've spent some time trying to get this to be more tanky, and this is what I have so far:

https://pastebin.com/ycNYmska

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Drop your current medium cluster for a Channeling Damage Cluster with Enduring Focus, a jewel socket, and either Hex Breaker or Rapid Infusion (I prefer Rapid). That will give you endurance charges, so your res will be capped. If you can afford it, swapping Fuel the Fight for Drive the Destruction on your large cluster jewel would be nice. That said, it is totally unnecessary. Other than that everything looks great. Your chest piece is honestly insane. I'd recommend checking out Echo604's Split personality tree variant. I have it linked in the PoB sections of the main post now. Saving up some money and transitioning to a tree like that is the next main upgrade, as it is a large boost in damage (easily hits 10 mil+) and life (6k+) while maintaining comparable secondary defenses. He uses Wildwrap in his build for more damage, but given how nuts your chest is I'd recommend just staying with that. It will drop maybe a million dps or so, but you'd still be able to hit 10 mil dps, and you'd likely break 7k (or even 7.5k) life given the high life and 18% increased on that chest. The build also can be modified for 75% chaos res with your current gear just by adding 2 small cluster jewels early on.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Apr 6, 2020, 7:09:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info