[3.11] Hollow Palm Cyclone Glad–4M DPS 5.5k Life Max Block–up to 9M DPS

"
Arcayn13 wrote:

Negatives for Kreedz are: -60 chaos res and 5k life at the very max. That tree with 5k life is level 100 with obscene gear lol. Level 100 is ridiculously hard to get anyways, and there aren't many droppable points on the build that aren't life. At level 90-95 you'd likely have sub 4.5k life, on a build that is meant to be tanky. In my opinion it goes way too far in favor of damage and has way too little life. Life is the most important defense by far. This build would get deleted by Sirus and Hezmin (-60 chaos res and low life).

Hezmin is down in like 3-5 seconds, he didn't kill me a single time so far. Just to let you know. :)

I killed Sirus on AW8 three times so far with one death. All levels below AW8 were deathless. Just don't get hit by the "Die!" death beam more than once. :D

I'm thinking on cutting down the damage anyways a little, anything above 15m is pretty useless anyways.

I'll work something out and share it with you.
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
Arcayn13 wrote:

Negatives for Kreedz are: -60 chaos res and 5k life at the very max. That tree with 5k life is level 100 with obscene gear lol. Level 100 is ridiculously hard to get anyways, and there aren't many droppable points on the build that aren't life. At level 90-95 you'd likely have sub 4.5k life, on a build that is meant to be tanky. In my opinion it goes way too far in favor of damage and has way too little life. Life is the most important defense by far. This build would get deleted by Sirus and Hezmin (-60 chaos res and low life).

Hezmin is down in like 3-5 seconds, he didn't kill me a single time so far. Just to let you know. :)

I killed Sirus on AW8 three times so far with one death. All levels below AW8 were deathless. Just don't get hit by the "Die!" death beam more than once. :D

I'm thinking on cutting down the damage anyways a little, anything above 15m is pretty useless anyways.

Ok cool. I've got yours in the PoB section right now already, but my description can be summed up to "delete shit in seconds but if they hit you with a chaos degen first, rip you lol". If you come up with one, I'll happily add it as a middle tier, more damage than Echo, but a bit less than your original, with also middling tankiness. I didn't add a whole section for Split Personality builds for nothing :)
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Apr 6, 2020, 7:54:02 PM
Hey all, just wanted to say that I'm glad this build has led to so much discussion and personal variations. The final result has quickly become a lot better than anything I could make myself. Even the current PoB for my version is vastly different and better than my original. Thanks all for offering your PoB versions and takes on gearing and etc.
Anyone bored want to PoB my current damage? Im just not deleting bosses like i thought I would be.

https://pastebin.com/m4WdwT2T

I dont mess with PoB so I have no idea how to work it.
"
i003 wrote:
Anyone bored want to PoB my current damage? Im just not deleting bosses like i thought I would be.

https://pastebin.com/m4WdwT2T

I dont mess with PoB so I have no idea how to work it.

You have roughly 2.5 mil dps right now. Can easily break 3m once you finish uber lab and get violent retaliation. 3m dps is enough to phase shaper in around 30 seconds max, including dodging around. That's what melting bosses is, though a lot of build guides misrepresent it. There's a lot of builds which showcase taking down bosses in like half a second, but most of them are just clickbaiting and showing them killing a white or yellow tier Conqueror lol. The ones that do just melt stuff with 50 mil dps are generally multi hundred exalt builds.
Last edited by Arcayn13 on Apr 6, 2020, 10:29:11 PM
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
"
TheGodZeus wrote:
Great build that I'm enjoying.

I've spent some time trying to get this to be more tanky, and this is what I have so far:

https://pastebin.com/ycNYmska

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Drop your current medium cluster for a Channeling Damage Cluster with Enduring Focus, a jewel socket, and either Hex Breaker or Rapid Infusion (I prefer Rapid). That will give you endurance charges, so your res will be capped. If you can afford it, swapping Fuel the Fight for Drive the Destruction on your large cluster jewel would be nice. That said, it is totally unnecessary. Other than that everything looks great. Your chest piece is honestly insane. I'd recommend checking out Echo604's Split personality tree variant. I have it linked in the PoB sections of the main post now. Saving up some money and transitioning to a tree like that is the next main upgrade, as it is a large boost in damage (easily hits 10 mil+) and life (6k+) while maintaining comparable secondary defenses. He uses Wildwrap in his build for more damage, but given how nuts your chest is I'd recommend just staying with that. It will drop maybe a million dps or so, but you'd still be able to hit 10 mil dps, and you'd likely break 7k (or even 7.5k) life given the high life and 18% increased on that chest. The build also can be modified for 75% chaos res with your current gear just by adding 2 small cluster jewels early on.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'm liking it so far, I've adapted the split personalities (cheaper versions for now) and then gonna save for watchers eye. The survivability is great and the dps is really good.

Follow up question would be, which cluster gems for chaos resistance? Also, is there a way for POB to correctly show the split personal gems, it works on the POB for the build you linked, just not on my own.

Thanks again!
"
TheGodZeus wrote:

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'm liking it so far, I've adapted the split personalities (cheaper versions for now) and then gonna save for watchers eye. The survivability is great and the dps is really good.

Follow up question would be, which cluster gems for chaos resistance? Also, is there a way for POB to correctly show the split personal gems, it works on the POB for the build you linked, just not on my own.

Thanks again!

Small suggestion for Watcher's eye: getting a 12% chance to deal double damage while affected by Pride watcher's eye is only 3-4 ex, and gives you roughly 2/3 of the damage of the extra impales on at just 10-15% of the price. I vastly prefer the double damage eye as it is way more cost efficient.

For chaos res, I run 3 passive 12% chaos res small clusters with at least 6% chaos res as a rolled mod (so 36% total chaos res from the two small passives on each), life as a rolled mod, and the "Blessed" passive, which gives 13% chaos res and 6% increased life. So each cluster gives a total of 49% chaos res, bringing our res up to 38%. You then anoint cleansed thoughts, which doubles your chaos res (and costs like 70c as it uses a gold oil), capping our res with 76% chaos res (1% over the cap).

PoB doesn't do Split Personalities yet. The PoB with the correct values is manually edited jewels. You have to count how many points it takes to path to each one and do the calculations yourself if your tree is different. For dex/str/life, it's just 5 + 5(0.25 * points-of-pathing) to figure out the new value
Any suggestions/tips I can work on with my build?

https://pastebin.com/qRSE9XXw

I have about 25 ex budget to improve on. I'm able to do juiced T16s + simul with this current setup, have not tried any other bosses. I value tankiness but not sure how I would go about incorporating chaos res into my current setup.
"
kreedzfreak wrote:
"
Arcayn13 wrote:

I've worked the tree a bit for more life, damage feels fine, hezmin doesn't even finish his speech before i throw his ass in the dumpster. Did sirus awakening 8, only deaths were due to my own stupidity which happens when i do that fight tired. Multiple 20/20 simulacrums with no deaths, even with both bosses spawning next to each other on wave 19, though of course simul is all about what mods you get. Did a simul for another guy that had so many chaos mods i almost shit my pants. Died a few times but managed to clear it out. Multiple 100% delirious t16's, feels pretty damn smooth.
"
Arcayn13 wrote:
"
Metallicalf wrote:
How does the build perform without Vaal Pact? i'm able to achieve mana and life leach through other means, so i'm able to save 4 skill points without specing into vaal pact.

The leech isn't supplied by vaal pact. It's from the node right under it. What Vaal pact does is it doubles the rate at which you leech life, which brings your leech rate up to nearly 3k. The build feels much worse without it, as you have to rely on spamming your life flask in order to stay alive. If you run out of charges and take a couple hits in succession without vaal pact, you'd just die. Vaal pact is a very important defensive layer for this build. You are sacrificing A LOT of survivability it you drop it, which is why I'm not 100% on board with the Split Personality versions that people are using, as they drop vaal pact, have less block, and less evasion most of the time, and some people are even dropping down to 4k life, and the defense is kinda the point of the build.

I tend to agree on vaal pact being one of the best defensive pick ups for this build, it can manage without it, but boy do you feel a hell of a lot safer with it. Even slayer felt almost safe when i had vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info