[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"

I dont know the exact value, at least 250 ex up to somewhere around 400 ex would be my estimation but it's hard to say. There's no trick to craft this in harvest really since almost every mod is untargetable.

Kaom loses 15% MoM which is a 33% loss in tankyness, this is insanely valuable since MoM effect is very hard to come by. It has less mana sustain, no permanent blind which is super strong for survival (yes you can get blind from a medium cluster for example but this frees up possibilities and lets you optimize, increasing the potential dps by a lot. The 10% to blind on skill use from the large cluster just isn't consistent enough to be compared even though it is somewhat decent).

All this to gain a little bit more life regen and just 3-4% dps over this if you count yourself being at max frenzy charges because of it, which you def should with 10% on hit.

And thats not even taking in account losing 6 slots for gems which are invaluable and would lose me even more dps and utility.

I cant stress enough how bad i think Replica Kaom is for the build honestly, just blindly going for as much mana as possible is the wrong way to go about with the build if it means sacrificing everything else. Of course i understand budget reasonings since most cant make a chest like this, but i think Cloak of Defiance is way better than Replica Kaom as well.

I'm very surprised you say that actually. I'm waering replica Kaom's as it seems a lot better in PoB;

Here's the numbers for my current build:
Kaoms - 2.4m sirus dps, 9998 mana, 30k effective health pool for phys hits and 86k effective health pool for ele hits, mana regen 1883

Cloak of defiance - 1.8m sirus dps, 7592 mana, 29k effective hp for phys and 90k effective hp for ele hits, mana regen 1835

So I'm sacrificing a lot of damage going for cloak of defiance at a tiny gain in survivability from ele hits.

I think unless the rest of my gear is insane to boost mana (e.g. jewels with 10% mana inc) it doesn't seem worth it to go for anything but Kaom's?

There's no way I could afford a chest like yours so the choice is easy for me.

Could you post your PoB please?
Last edited by piszczel on Feb 26, 2021, 10:39:34 AM
"
piszczel wrote:

I'm very surprised you say that actually. I'm waering replica Kaom's as it seems a lot better in PoB;

Here's the numbers for my current build:
Kaoms - 2.4m sirus dps, 9998 mana, 30k effective health pool for phys hits and 86k effective health pool for ele hits, mana regen 1883

Cloak of defiance - 1.8m sirus dps, 7592 mana, 29k effective hp for phys and 90k effective hp for ele hits, mana regen 1835

So I'm sacrificing a lot of damage going for cloak of defiance at a tiny gain in survivability from ele hits.

I think unless the rest of my gear is insane to boost mana (e.g. jewels with 10% mana inc) it doesn't seem worth it to go for anything but Kaom's?

There's no way I could afford a chest like yours so the choice is easy for me.

Could you post your PoB please?

https://pastebin.com/8tePW9at

It may appear as if you are at the same mana regen, but you need to take into account that your Ball Lightning costs far more mana as well, so your ability to cast multiple times goes down. Arcane Cloak will also take a larger amount of mana putting a bit more stress on it your mana pool but that's not that major.
Your mana cost goes up 22% but mana regen stays the same. Of course this is the whole idea behind adding gem links to your main skill too, but I think one need to be careful to not make it too expensive compared to your mana regen. Especially if you want to be able to have permanent Righteous Fire enabled which I feel is a goal for the build.

And you're right, I didn't take Arcane Cloak into account for the effective life which makes it roughly the same with Replica Kaom due to the larger mana pool, I just like to always assume the worst case scenario where you wont always be guarded by the full Arcane Cloak shield, always under the stress of full agnostic effect etc so I'll never be caught surprised in any situation.

But it's not just that either, losing the gem slots makes it an obvious choice to me to give Replica Kaom's a pass, I used Cloak far into the build until I had hundreds of exalts put into it. Kaom can be a fun item to boost your dps a shit ton but personally I feel it hamstrings the build a lot, especially since getting a lot of damage really isn't difficult for the build so for me extra QoL, mana regen and survival are the by fast most important things to go for being okay sacrificing dps, decreasing the possibilities you have for gems too much.

But at the end of the day it's all personal choice, if you don't feel it's an issue there's definitely not a problem using Replica Kaom, many people do use it, I just haven't felt it's worth it for me personally over Cloak.
Took a gamble on my helmet and went for aug-influence, knowing full well, that a fail would result in "increased maximum mana" being almost impossible to obtain without A LOT of reroll prefix, since the two other influence mods are tagged as lightning. Luckily I hit the mod - so all in all, very happy with my helm, even if mana and life rolls are not maxed.

This is BY FAR the best build I ever played - it rivals my toxic rain and nebuloch MS jugg from a few seasons ago, but feels way more reliable in terms of tankiness (vs TR) and damage (vs jugg)
Last edited by Flaxiz on Feb 26, 2021, 2:07:24 PM
when u bind arcane cloak to left click, i feel tat arcane cloak sometimes kills u... eg, it proc in the middle of a fight, deplete ur mana by 60+%.. insufficient mana for mom = gg.

sometimes i feel tanky, sometimes i feel weak af.

any idea hw to haf more survivability?
With enough mana regen, it won't be an issue, unless you're in a map that drops your fire resistance below 75 (that causes your righteous fire to heavily drain on your mana to withstand the self-dmg)At 75 resist, it is non-issue. Also, if you have arcane surge linked with it, the mana regen boost from it means it's neglible.
Last edited by Flaxiz on Feb 27, 2021, 7:46:09 AM
Looking at the crit POB there is a brutal restraint - what are we looking for on our brutal restraint?
Last edited by olliehax on Feb 27, 2021, 11:52:05 AM
"
olliehax wrote:
Looking at the crit POB there is a brutal restraint - what are we looking for on our brutal restraint?

You want Nasima, that's it. The number doesn't matter. Nasima will give you +dex on every node in vicinity, as this build is dex starved.
"
olliehax wrote:

You do it mainly for the dex, however, you can still min-max and try to obtain one with good nodes. My brutal restraint has onslaught node on every kill, cold res, attack + cast speed, increased effect of non-curse auras, increased elemental damage and increased maximum life. Only wasted point is 10% chance to avoid being stunned, which I don't need due to to skyforth.
"
piszczel wrote:
"
olliehax wrote:

You want Nasima, that's it. The number doesn't matter. Nasima will give you +dex on every node in vicinity, as this build is dex starved.

All of the brutal restraints give dex, not just Nasima. But yes.
So am I missing something. What is the Holy Flame Totem for?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info