[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Thanks for the build, I have closed all content on it. Now I have ~14ex for improvement. What should I do with this amount to get the maximum boost?
"
tennamidy wrote:
Thanks for the build, I have closed all content on it. Now I have ~14ex for improvement. What should I do with this amount to get the maximum boost?
First of all, it looks like you might be short of the 33 AoE radius needed for BL to hit 13x per cast.

There's also no reason to have your WoC CWDT at level 10. Change it to level 1 and add level 7 Blade Blast (for unnerve) instead of spell cascade. It's not like level 13 WoC is doing anything more for you. You only need it at level 7 (38 requirement for level 1 CWDT) and you still get the -25 lightning exposure. Blade Blast will add another 10% more damage multiplier to that. And level 1 CWDT will make them go off significantly more often.

I would try to spend your exa on an awakened curse on hit, then 6L your Cloak of Defiance, and add Enfeeble or Temp Chains to your curse setup. You could also do Elemental Weakness instead if you think your survivability is adequate. Or, anoint your ammy with Heart of Thunder instead of Whispers of Doom and just stick with 2 curses. All good options, BUT, IMO, I'd go with adding a 3rd curse of Enfeeble.

Buy ya some gem cutters and add quality to your gems, especially Arcane Cloak, Second Wind, and Increased Duration. Put Arcane Cloak in your movement key (left mouse button) so it activates every moment possible.

Add Holy Flame Totem to your setup somewhere. Not only is it the easiest way to proc max power and endurance charges (thanks to conviction of power), but it also is an instant curse strip and it's consecrated ground gives curse immunity when on it.

Also you might want to consider swapping out the Clear Mind jewel? That level 1 clarity reserved mana I think cancels out the increased spell damage. Look for a 7% max life, 10% max mana, mana regen, spell damage while wielding a staff jewel. Would be much better, IMO.

And lastly, maybe get some divine orbs and try to upgrade the 140% spell damage on your PoH closer to the possible 160% max.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
tennamidy wrote:
First of all, it looks like you might be short of the 33 AoE radius needed for BL to hit 13x per cast.

There's also no reason to have your WoC CWDT at level 10. Change it to level 1 and add level 7 Blade Blast (for unnerve) instead of spell cascade. It's not like level 13 WoC is doing anything more for you. You only need it at level 7 (38 requirement for level 1 CWDT) and you still get the -25 lightning exposure. Blade Blast will add another 10% more damage multiplier to that. And level 1 CWDT will make them go off significantly more often.

I would try to spend your exa on an awakened curse on hit, then 6L your Cloak of Defiance, and add Enfeeble or Temp Chains to your curse setup. You could also do Elemental Weakness instead if you think your survivability is adequate. Or, anoint your ammy with Heart of Thunder instead of Whispers of Doom and just stick with 2 curses. All good options, BUT, IMO, I'd go with adding a 3rd curse of Enfeeble.

Buy ya some gem cutters and add quality to your gems, especially Arcane Cloak, Second Wind, and Increased Duration. Put Arcane Cloak in your movement key (left mouse button) so it activates every moment possible.

Add Holy Flame Totem to your setup somewhere. Not only is it the easiest way to proc max power and endurance charges (thanks to conviction of power), but it also is an instant curse strip and it's consecrated ground gives curse immunity when on it.

Also you might want to consider swapping out the Clear Mind jewel? That level 1 clarity reserved mana I think cancels out the increased spell damage. Look for a 7% max life, 10% max mana, mana regen, spell damage while wielding a staff jewel. Would be much better, IMO.

And lastly, maybe get some divine orbs and try to upgrade the 140% spell damage on your PoH closer to the possible 160% max.

Thanks a lot for your time and advice. The curse on hit is still very expensive, I will try to get it in the grove (echo awakened this way). I will concentrate on getting 6L on the armor. I would also like to increase the amount of hp, I have 11300 mana and 3000 hp, sometimes this leads to one-shots.
nvm
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Last edited by cr4ck4r on Jul 21, 2020, 4:26:12 PM
Why my clarity is draining my mana?

I put a watcher's eye with clarity mana recovery but when I turn it on my mana starts to fall to 0.

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by Kbludoo on Jul 20, 2020, 3:25:14 PM
"
Kbludoo wrote:

I put a watcher's eye with clarity mana recovery but when I turn it on my mana starts to fall to 0.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you connect it with blood magic? If so, it will trigger Agnostic and start draining 20% of your mana per second.
As an SSF player this is what I have come up with for the build. Wonder if any mathmaniacs out there can help with pointing out some optimization for me?

https://pastebin.com/B91EDwmL
"
Sallek wrote:
As an SSF player this is what I have come up with for the build. Wonder if any mathmaniacs out there can help with pointing out some optimization for me?

Without the cloak of defiance, you may need a Pure Talent and connect to witch's start point to get that 0.5% mana regen.
"
"
Sallek wrote:

Without the cloak of defiance, you may need a Pure Talent and connect to witch's start point to get that 0.5% mana regen.

That's a good tip, I can scavenge up 3 points for it + jewel slot easily. Thanks!
"
"
Kbludoo wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Do you connect it with blood magic? If so, it will trigger Agnostic and start draining 20% of your mana per second.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info