[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Ekstrol wrote:
why you not use "supercharge" in large cluster jewel? does not boost dps?

each ball have 10% even 5% crit chance is enough to proc EO so why more when you will have it anyways i prefer using Corrosive Element but its very hard to craft and very expensive with 2 other passive
Can we do Uber Atziri? I feel like we can't.. if we can how so. haha
"
Ekstrol wrote:
why you not use "supercharge" in large cluster jewel? does not boost dps?

Supercharge isn't strong for Archmage + Arcane Cloak builds because the added lightning damage from both of them doesn't have a range.

Those are the two main damage increases for Ball Lightning, but both of them work by granting a fixed added lightning damage based on mana spent (not a range of values). Thus, Supercharge would only work around the Ball Lightning gem damage range, not making a big difference for us.
"
Chesco wrote:
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
The Agnostic is too powerfull to not take it, so i think its better to reserve mana instead of life also the watcher's eyes with clarity recovery give us so much regen that make the spell damage from clear mind trivial.

Clear Mind also gives mana regen at the same range from Watcher's Eye. Clarity itself also increases mana regen, of course, but at a pretty higher cost (Watcher's Eye cost).
This is incorrect. The Watcher's Eye mana regen with clarity is actually a MORE multiplier, while the Clear Mind mana regen is merely a "percent increase".

For instance, my watcher's eye with +30% increased mana recovery rate while affected by Clarity is +440 mana regen, while a Clear Mind with +30% mana recovery rate is only +81 mana regen.
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
Chesco wrote:
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
The Agnostic is too powerfull to not take it, so i think its better to reserve mana instead of life also the watcher's eyes with clarity recovery give us so much regen that make the spell damage from clear mind trivial.

Clear Mind also gives mana regen at the same range from Watcher's Eye. Clarity itself also increases mana regen, of course, but at a pretty higher cost (Watcher's Eye cost).
This is incorrect. The Watcher's Eye mana regen with clarity is actually a MORE multiplier, while the Clear Mind mana regen is merely a "percent increase".

For instance, my watcher's eye with +30% increased mana recovery rate while affected by Clarity is +440 mana regen, while a Clear Mind with +30% mana recovery rate is only +81 mana regen.

Oh, I see. I didn't notice Watcher's Eye mod is "increased mana recovery rate", not "increased mana regeneration rate". My bad, Watcher's Eye is much better. :)
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Can we do Uber Atziri? I feel like we can't.. if we can how so. haha

Drop your essence wyrm to run a sybil's lament ring and switch to the reflect minor pantheon. That will give you 100% reflect immunity, and uber atziri is quite easy then.
Last edited by dsBraver on Jul 11, 2020, 11:47:32 PM
Any ideas how to sustain EO and tailwind better? Even without controlled destruction they don't proc often enough (also i took Serpent Stance to get block chance for Glancing blows, so i have additional 40% crit chance).
My pob
Changed some things trying to get even more survivability (got tired of oneshots from primal t2+ seeds). Using two threads to save points for block nodes. Dropped atziri's fobie for rare ammy with %mana (should be blue pearl base as soon as i have enough dex), so i can get more life and res. Capped chaos res, so i can use Divine Flesh now. Still have alot of things to do: make all life, mana and res affixes t1, so i can have room for more upgrades: dex somewhere, unnerve + culling fingerless gloves as soon as possible. Watcher with 2-3 useful mods (i'll use mom + recovery + pen if i get one). Better belt (t1 mana with mana recovery, had no luck while crafting current one, all other mods are easy to harvest craft) with aoe or crit enchant. Stun avoidance on all jewels so i can drop cinderswallow urn (should be 90%, 40% from nodes and 50% from jewels). Also going to try Megalomaniac with Lead By Example and 1-2 useful nodes (Scintillating Idea at least) and Enduring cry for onslaught and end.charges generation before starting boss fights. Overall harvest is so nice in terms of crafting. I cannot imagine same gear in next league. And really hope this build wont became meta (it really can with all power hidden here).
TLDR: Running in sirus storms with rf enabled is fun!
Last edited by faraddox on Jul 12, 2020, 9:31:19 AM
Hey, i didn't read most of the previous 30 pages, just quickly searched for what i'm looking for : i'm having major mana issues. I need to spam my mana flask whole day long and it's impossible to stay still to cast as i'm running low on mana ultra quick
I'm only lvl 79 and do not have most of the unique gears, and some poors rares but i feel like i'm missing something in this build. Moreover when i get it just empty my mana. It can lead to very dangerous situation where i can't even flash dash to escape
However the dps is quite good especially on bosses but mana is a huge issue still
If someone can help me to figure out what i'm doing bad there.
here's my pob : https://pastebin.com/A6KrmWF0
"
Huskarf wrote:
Hey, i didn't read most of the previous 30 pages, just quickly searched for what i'm looking for : i'm having major mana issues. I need to spam my mana flask whole day long and it's impossible to stay still to cast as i'm running low on mana ultra quick
I'm only lvl 79 and do not have most of the unique gears, and some poors rares but i feel like i'm missing something in this build. Moreover when i get it just empty my mana. It can lead to very dangerous situation where i can't even flash dash to escape
However the dps is quite good especially on bosses but mana is a huge issue still
If someone can help me to figure out what i'm doing bad there.
here's my pob : https://pastebin.com/A6KrmWF0

1% mana regen from Cloak of Defiance is crucial. Get one ASAP.
"increased mana recovery rate" on belts and watcher's eye is necessary for endgame content.
Thanks for the answer.
If i do the math, correct me if i'm wrong, atm i have 4100 mana and 360%inc mana so with a cloak of defiance i would have around 4500 mana pool i guess. 1% of mana regen per sec would give me 45mana/s and if i sum it with my mana regen rn i would have 610-620 mana/s.
Mind over matter from the Cloak of defiance really scares me as i'm already constantly low on mana when i'm casting.
Is this expected with my gears/levels/gems or (aside cloak) i'm missing something ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info