[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Huskarf wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
If i do the math, correct me if i'm wrong, atm i have 4100 mana and 360%inc mana so with a cloak of defiance i would have around 4500 mana pool i guess. 1% of mana regen per sec would give me 45mana/s and if i sum it with my mana regen rn i would have 610-620 mana/s.
Mind over matter from the Cloak of defiance really scares me as i'm already constantly low on mana when i'm casting.
Is this expected with my gears/levels/gems or (aside cloak) i'm missing something ?

This build uses many unique items, so first you can try to get those.
For rare gears try to max out resistances first, then upgrade them with life and mana mods.
"
Huskarf wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
If i do the math, correct me if i'm wrong, atm i have 4100 mana and 360%inc mana so with a cloak of defiance i would have around 4500 mana pool i guess. 1% of mana regen per sec would give me 45mana/s and if i sum it with my mana regen rn i would have 610-620 mana/s.
Mind over matter from the Cloak of defiance really scares me as i'm already constantly low on mana when i'm casting.
Is this expected with my gears/levels/gems or (aside cloak) i'm missing something ?
It doesn't really work like that.

There is base regen, "increased" percentage ("increased mana regeneration rate") on top of that, and then compounding MORE multipliers ("increased mana recovery rate") on top of that, as well as every time you increase your max mana the base regen goes up (+0.0175 per 1 mana). And they all interact for additive effect in certain ways.

For instance, all you have to do is play with your PoB to see that adding a Cloak of Defiance would give your particular character, right now, somewhere between ~260-300 mana regen depending on how much +max mana is on the cloak.

And, that number will continue to go up as you add more max mana, mana regen rate, and mana recovery rate to the build. It won't stay static. Everything is multiplicative and/or additive. Some to base rate, some to percent of mana, some to mana regen percent, and some to the end calc of all those combined.

Getting "+% mana recovery rate" on your belt or a watcher's eye jewel (use a level 1 clarity to proc it and dump the clear mind jewel) are big ones. Those are MORE multipliers, which will be your biggest boosters as they come after all other calculations are combined.

Also, you really need to add that "mana and mana gain on killing blow" passive node in the Cursed Concoction wheel, as well as anoint your amulet with Mind Drinker (2 teals, 1 verdant = cheap), and then try to curse everything just before you kill it. That's +4% mana recovery per kill when combined.

You should also have leveled up arcane cloak attached to leveled up arcane surge, and activating arcane cloak every 10 seconds during map clearing and any fights. Not only is it a massive damage boost, but you get the 20% mana recovery thanks to dynamo, along with a ton of MORE mana regen from AS.

And standing stationary holding down your BL key, chain-casting BL, isn't recommended. Release a burst of BL's, move/regen, release more, move/regen, rinse and repeat. Because yes, you will run out of mana if you just stand in one spot and try to machine-gun down things.

Don't get discouraged, just keep working towards your uniques and you'll see massive improvements. Just copy what others have done and it'll work.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jul 13, 2020, 10:18:30 AM
Thank you a lot, it gets a bit more clear.
However i didn't understand the lvl1 clarity mechanic. How is it working ?

"
Huskarf wrote:
Thank you a lot, it gets a bit more clear.
However i didn't understand the lvl1 clarity mechanic. How is it working ?

"X% increased mana recovery rate while affected by Clarity"

Because this is a MORE multiplier, it gives you around 400-450 mana regen, depending on how much mana and percent increase modifiers you have.

But, because we want as much unreserved mana as possible, because that's what effects Archmage and Arcane Cloak the most with regards to our damage, you only want the Clarity at level 1 so it has the least amount of reserved mana as possible.

The trade-off for a level 20 Clarity vs a level 1 is a ton of damage for not that much mana regen on a relative scale. This is why you keep it at level 1. And because it reserves a little bit of mana, it makes the Clear Mind jewel almost ineffective and a waste of a jewel slot. But Clear Mind is about 80% less mana regen, so it's a no-brainer.

The issue is, the watcher's eye is very expensive, so people tend to supplement with a Clear Mind jewel and go for a belt with mana recovery rate first, as it's likely a cheaper stepping-stone.
OK i got it thank you a lot !
so, I got a t1 mana recovery roll belt, along with the watcher's eye clarity mod. I can now chain cast with RF while maintaining mana. Should i drop some mana regen now? it feels kinda wasted. Or maybe i should drop unleash, even though it's nice for mapping. Maybe swap out of it for bossing, ...two gem swaps :/

Or dropping aqueous accelerant (mana recovery rate during flask effect)?
Last edited by vladimars on Jul 15, 2020, 3:00:00 PM
"
vladimars wrote:
so, I got a t1 mana recovery roll belt, along with the watcher's eye clarity mod. I can now chain cast with RF while maintaining mana. Should i drop some mana regen now? it feels kinda wasted. Or maybe i should drop unleash, even though it's nice for mapping. Maybe swap out of it for bossing, ...two gem swaps :/

Or dropping aqueous accelerant (mana recovery rate during flask effect)?

You can also try this combination:

Just swap weapons for different situations.
for the large cluster,i got some luck rolled and got scint idea,vengeful commander and disorienting display,should i take all 3 of those nodes?
"
shumi82 wrote:
for the large cluster,i got some luck rolled and got scint idea,vengeful commander and disorienting display,should i take all 3 of those nodes?

I am using the same combination XD. I think these are the best for the non-crit version.
Any ideas about corpse removing? Just lost 20% at 98, thx to porcupines xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info