[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

you have to help me i cant understand how to get a descent regen like 1400 or 1500

https://pastebin.com/kN0J73ZY
"
presque wrote:
you have to help me i cant understand how to get a descent regen like 1400 or 1500

https://pastebin.com/kN0J73ZY

You need a lv20 arcane surge and a belt with increased mana recovery rate.
hey love this build, i'm taking inspiration from it to make an ARC variant
i'm having some issues tho, my damage seems low (i'm only on a 5L pledge)
i'm also trying 5L OOS with full damage support and onslaught

i wanted to have your opinion, i feel like Supercharge is mandatory for arc
i'm already having trouble with my mana regen with agnostic and i don't use RF yet :/
right now i'm lvl 74 with 3k3 HP and 6k3 Mana

(1665 arc mana cost)

thanks for reading me
"
Archanorius wrote:
hey love this build, i'm taking inspiration from it to make an ARC variant
i'm having some issues tho, my damage seems low (i'm only on a 5L pledge)
i'm also trying 5L OOS with full damage support and onslaught

i wanted to have your opinion, i feel like Supercharge is mandatory for arc
i'm already having trouble with my mana regen with agnostic and i don't use RF yet :/
right now i'm lvl 74 with 3k3 HP and 6k3 Mana

(1665 arc mana cost)

thanks for reading me

Arc is much weaker than ball lightning, it can only reach maybe 1/3 of power level compared to BL.
For mana regen make sure you have high rolled Atziri's Foible and lv20 arcane surge. Increased mana recovery rate mode on either belt or watcher's eye is mandatory if you want to use RF.
really it's that much weaker ? i mean with all the damage multiplier from the remaining chains ?
dang :/ i really wanted to make ARC work, i'll try to get a decent belt for the mana.
what's your opinion on supercharge btw ?
"
Archanorius wrote:
really it's that much weaker ? i mean with all the damage multiplier from the remaining chains ?
dang :/ i really wanted to make ARC work, i'll try to get a decent belt for the mana.
what's your opinion on supercharge btw ?

Cause ball lightning can hit more than 10 times per cast, and projectile weakness is one of the strongest curses.
Supercharge only works if the min-max range of your damage is big [ (max-min)/avarage ]. However, with archmage, your min-max range is actually very small comparing to the average damage. So Supercharge doesn't work well with archmage supported arc.
Hello ! Nice looking build :)
I was about to try this out as a reroll, but it's the first time I play this ascension, an d I'm a bit confused about the leveling process and the tree. Could you please update the early/mid game leveling trees in the Leveling section please ? I'd really helped :)

Keep going ! Nice work !
Hi Anki,
Since you are not going to use crit, will skyforth still be useful?
"
"
SkylerOG wrote:

With 36 BL radius, the BL would first hit the mob at 18 units.

Dude, I think you mess up between "radius" and "diameter"...36 radius means it starts hitting the mob at 36 units. And the overall cover range is 72 units.
You're absolutely right. I completely juxtaposed radius vs diameter like an idiot. My bad.

That said, I still stand by the 13 hits limit for BL.

Here is another video I found of someone who tested this: https://youtu.be/anwnSslq1Q4

What he did was build a char with 100% chance to poison on hit, then slot the Golden Rule jewel to reflect poison hits to himself so he could count the stacks created, and then he fought Kitava due to the enormous hit-box. He also has slower projectiles (pre-nerf) on his gloves, along with +50% poison duration to make sure his poison stacks would last at least 3 seconds.

And with this, he STILL couldn't get more than 13 stacks.

And when you watch it, he's hitting 13 stacks before the ball is even finished traveling directly through the middle of Kitava.

So it appears there is a 3s animation for BL, but it's not producing any hits in that 3rd second. It's only doing it in the first 2 seconds.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Jun 26, 2020, 6:39:07 PM
The new keystone "The Agnostic" looks to be really good for this build.

I am able to sustain RF with that keystone alone, even without a mana recovery rate belt (which i'm going to get very soon).

Great build! I really love it so far :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info