[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

I'm no expert on this game but what if assassin was used for this build instead? With no Sacntuary Of Thought and no Fevered Minds I feel like Hierophant isn't worth it. Also couldn't we still use one Fevered Mind on the leftmost jewel socket? As far as I know it will now have a small radius and we can allocate 4 notables there, so that would be 40% increased Mana cost of skills and 80% increased Spell Damage which isn't much compared to old Fevered Mind but it might be worth getting.
"
SpectraI wrote:
i said it was reworked and its sh1t now:(sadly)
Fevered Mind: No longer increases the Mana cost of skills by 50%. No longer grants 30-40% increased Spell Damage. Now causes Notable Passive Skills in radius to be transformed to instead grant 10% increased Mana cost of skills and 20% increased Spell Damage. Now has a Small radius. Existing versions of this item are not affected by these changes. It is now also limited to 1, which does affect existing versions of the item.

Gotcha, okay thanks.

So the 30% increased spell damage/100% increased mana cost of skills versions are going to become very expensive soon, it seems.

I think this build can still be decent with just one of those, actually. Mana stack and consistently use arcane cloak, combined with Unleash, and we're still talking tens of millions in damage per cast.

Even with the nerf to slower projectiles, we can sorta make up for that with stacking more AoE radius, I think. We're already up to around 36-38 AoE radius. If we can get upward of 42-44, the balls might be traveling faster than before, but they're radius will still be touching the target and still reaching that 6 hits per second each as a result.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
The cost of allocating the garbage minor passive nodes on the way to the notables if you want to allocated a fevered mind is going to be concerning.
Previously it was 30-40% spell damage and 50% inc mana cost for a 2 point jewel.
Now its going to be prohibitively expensive to use. 2 point jewel + 2 points for 1 notable is 20% spell damage and 10% inc mana cost...

for 6 points you get 40% spell damage + 20% inc mana cost.

if you take the full 4 notables, you will be spending 10 points !

10 points for 80% spell damage and 40% inc mana cost.

The cost is unjustified by my estimation.

The nerf was warranted, BL Archmage was busted. Even now I am still considering it for Harvest League because I've been wanting to play BL forever.

I don't believe the build is destroyed, even if the build lost 50% dps, which it hasn't, I'm certain that it would still be more than overkill for the majority of content.
The advantage of Hiero is the balance between offence and defence. Also Arcane bless and spell life leech are huge QoL.
The problem for fevered mind is that now it costs too many skill points. With 10 skill points, one can definitely get a better DPS boost. I mean that's even enough for a large cluster.
"
allexpleblord wrote:
I'm no expert on this game but what if assassin was used for this build instead? With no Sacntuary Of Thought and no Fevered Minds I feel like Hierophant isn't worth it. Also couldn't we still use one Fevered Mind on the leftmost jewel socket? As far as I know it will now have a small radius and we can allocate 4 notables there, so that would be 40% increased Mana cost of skills and 80% increased Spell Damage which isn't much compared to old Fevered Mind but it might be worth getting.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jun 17, 2020, 5:04:48 PM
To be honest, it losts way more than 50% damage due to mana cost issue and slower projectile change =(

Edit: sorry I forgot about RF! With the Agnostic BL can still rock!

"
The cost of allocating the garbage minor passive nodes on the way to the notables if you want to allocated a fevered mind is going to be concerning.
Previously it was 30-40% spell damage and 50% inc mana cost for a 2 point jewel.
Now its going to be prohibitively expensive to use. 2 point jewel + 2 points for 1 notable is 20% spell damage and 10% inc mana cost...

for 6 points you get 40% spell damage + 20% inc mana cost.

if you take the full 4 notables, you will be spending 10 points !

10 points for 80% spell damage and 40% inc mana cost.

The cost is unjustified by my estimation.

The nerf was warranted, BL Archmage was busted. Even now I am still considering it for Harvest League because I've been wanting to play BL forever.

I don't believe the build is destroyed, even if the build lost 50% dps, which it hasn't, I'm certain that it would still be more than overkill for the majority of content.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jun 18, 2020, 8:29:07 AM
Damn it really is that bad :'(
Slower projectile nerf: 30% less damage
Archmage nerf: 15% less damage
Fevered mind rework: now one has to give up Sanctuary of thought and invest more points on AoE and life. Overall I would say 20% to 30% less damage.
Crit multi nerf on the passive tree: big hit to crit version. With the higher skill points requirement on life and AoE, I would just stick on EO in this league.

However, there is still hope.
BL damage efficiency buff: 25% more damage.
Free RF due to the Agnostic: 40% more damage (lv21).

With my simulation, the non-crit version will still have over 25M shaper DPS in Harvest.

"
Damn it really is that bad :'(
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jun 18, 2020, 2:52:35 AM
Hey! Not sure if you noticed but there is also a new notable added that reduces projectile speed by 10% (Adjacent Animosity). Would it be good to annoint that and just get Whispers of Doom from the tree?
on current listed pob for 3.11:
cant use skyforth boots with agnostic can we?
Dance of the offered could be substitute or just a good rare.
(also mom is turned off)

This build still looks very strong to me, yes it loses dps but that just went from insane to great dps and agnostic seems like a great addition.
Pretty sure i will use this as my leaguestart.
Wow, thx for pointing this out! This would be a nice choice for the league start!
"
allexpleblord wrote:
Hey! Not sure if you noticed but there is also a new notable added that reduces projectile speed by 10% (Adjacent Animosity). Would it be good to annoint that and just get Whispers of Doom from the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info