[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

what do you guys think about chain and lightning pen vs. energy leech and conc eff?
great build
right, after starting two chars and doing three re-rolls with disappointing results the time has come to check this build. pray for me guys
Second-class poe gamer
So question....why CWDT on the brand recall?
Great build thanks!
Boot trade link points at the Mindspiral helmet (I get it that it is really good but I dont want to put it on my feet as well ;) )
So Im having trouble with the build. Got all the gear, but just still seem extremely squishy. like dying once a map squishy. It doesnt feel like MoM is working at all. It should drop my mana a bit if im getting hit right? it doesnt move a single number when Im getting hit, and it comes straight out of my energy shield then health. Have 6 linked cloak, all supports etc. even tried out the MoM node on the tree to see if it made a difference. no change. Here's my PoB if anyone wants to take a look. https://pastebin.com/CVGFFBCM
Tried it, the damage was good (2k mana cost, 6k300 total mana) but the number of things you have to press to make it work makes it painful for me to play :

- 4 flasks
- storm brand (where the enemies are)
- shield charge/flame dash
- orb of storms (in a pack)
- rallying cry (near enemies)
- arcane cloak

+ shield charge really sucks as a movement skill it's slow and you get stuck all the time, if you play this I recommend you use something else or only flame dash + second wind

Thanks for the build though, at least I tried something different
"
Fyodab wrote:
Tried it, the damage was good (2k mana cost, 6k300 total mana) but the number of things you have to press to make it work makes it painful for me to play :

- 4 flasks
- storm brand (where the enemies are)
- shield charge/flame dash
- orb of storms (in a pack)
- rallying cry (near enemies)
- arcane cloak

+ shield charge really sucks as a movement skill it's slow and you get stuck all the time, if you play this I recommend you use something else or only flame dash + second wind

Thanks for the build though, at least I tried something different

my playstyle is: press 5 brands at the start of the map, then just hold recall button (it's perma brand sustain, you don't need to recast them at all through the map), 4 flasks, flame dash and very rarely arcane cloak if something is dangerous. oos and rallying I don't use, feels good without them.
I'm leveling my templar with this build and loving it!
Just a quick question / room for improvement.

You advice boots with life/mana/res and movement speed. I bought some boots with an open prefix and crafted "+20% movement speed and 12% chance on onslaught on kill" from the syndicate.

This way you won't have the maximum movement speed possible, but you don't need an abyss jewel in your passive tree. That will free up 2 passive points or give you another Fevered Mind (if you can handle the extra mana requirements xD)
"
herron28 wrote:
So Im having trouble with the build. Got all the gear, but just still seem extremely squishy. like dying once a map squishy. It doesnt feel like MoM is working at all. It should drop my mana a bit if im getting hit right? it doesnt move a single number when Im getting hit, and it comes straight out of my energy shield then health. Have 6 linked cloak, all supports etc. even tried out the MoM node on the tree to see if it made a difference. no change. Here's my PoB if anyone wants to take a look. https://pastebin.com/CVGFFBCM

Hi Herron,

You already have MoM by wearing the body armour, so you don't need the passive. You've got almost no life on your gear, that is something to work on. Note that MoM works as: 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life.
So, 30% of the damage that is meant for your LIFE will be taken from the mana instead. That means that an energy shield won't work with MoM.
EDIT: For this build its 50% because of the Cloak of Defiance (body armour) and the Heiro ascendancy. As described in the build.

But if you don't have any life, Mom won't help much. So start with getting +/- 4k of life

In addition, you the build advises you to get a Abyss jewel with #% chance to get Phasing on kill. That should lower your visibility to enemies and thus result in less agro.

Last edited by 7ailen on Mar 30, 2020, 4:28:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info