[3.10] Voidzero's Storm Brand MoM Hiero Archmage | League Starter | 10k eHP | 5M dps | 8k mana

"
herron28 wrote:
So Im having trouble with the build. Got all the gear, but just still seem extremely squishy. like dying once a map squishy. It doesnt feel like MoM is working at all. It should drop my mana a bit if im getting hit right? it doesnt move a single number when Im getting hit, and it comes straight out of my energy shield then health. Have 6 linked cloak, all supports etc. even tried out the MoM node on the tree to see if it made a difference. no change. Here's my PoB if anyone wants to take a look. https://pastebin.com/CVGFFBCM

The problem with this build is that you don't have any phys reduction and not a lot of block... You pretty much rely on your life/mana pool.

I think that you should aim for at least 5k life and drop some damages nodes.

I'm playing in ssf and i don't have acess to BIS iteams like cloak of defiance and i'm doing fine in 15/16 maps(currently using obliteration Demon's Horn for clear speed). Got like 5.5 hp without shield and almost 6k mana.
I'm using overcharged(passive) to generate endurance charges, which helps a little for mapping. Using arcane blessing instead of conviction of power because the elemental inmunity is really nice.

And btw, I know that people anoint battle rouse but I switched to mind drinker( 18% mana and 2% mana recover on kill). It's probably worse for bosses but you recover the mana really fast when you are mapping)
Last edited by Chaser8 on Apr 1, 2020, 6:01:59 AM
I'm in SSF and find that I sometimes just die for now real reason. Switching from a Tabula will clerly help, but can someone take a look at my character Vickarama and let me know if there's anything I should be changing to help me survive?
"
Vickery wrote:
I'm in SSF and find that I sometimes just die for now real reason. Switching from a Tabula will clerly help, but can someone take a look at my character Vickarama and let me know if there's anything I should be changing to help me survive?

Not what you're asking for but the first thing I noticed is that you have a increased area of effect gem socketed inside your helmet - which already has "socketed skills are supported by lvl 18 increased area of effect".

Apart from that, your gear doesn't have much life. I don't think the extra links for orb of storms are really worth it, I'd just get a normal helmet with way more life and mana. Your rings also have no life.

I'm not convinced that the Healthy Mind jewel is worth it. You get a lot of mana out of it, but you'd probably still be fine with 5.6k mana, and given you have just 2.7k life the extra 500 life would probably be better. It would make the brand casting a bit more annoying though, so try it out and see how it feels.

Have you picked Alira as your bandit? Otherwise you don't seem to be resist capped.
Chris Wilson took my soul
"
Vickery wrote:

Your life pool is really weak, I mean of course that the point of this build is to stack mana but keep in mind that with your current setup 60% of the damage you take is going to your life pool, you will get killed pretty much every time in red maps.

Your rings should be really easy to upgrade, get a ring with 70+ life and some resists with an open preffix and craft 50+ mana or mana+ % of damagen taken gained as mana( veiled mod).

With your currenty setup healthy mind it's crearly not worth it.

Anoint your amulet.

A defensive setup like cast when damage taken-enfeeble- steelskin wouldn't hurt you either.
Last edited by Chaser8 on Apr 1, 2020, 6:27:11 AM
Are people dropping wrath for a better rare ring? I'm not sure that it's really needed to be honest!
Is this build hc viable? Should anything be done differently in hc?

Im at level 40 and feel extremely squishy.
So I played "standard" version of this build with exact gem and tree setup to test it and I fall in love with the playstyle of brands.

Hovever I did not like to have so many abilities on short cd to spam like cry, orb, brand recall, RF so I looked few other people and some streams and I started changing my gem setup and finally I finished my build to be more fun to me.

Here are the items and gems:

Spoiler

My items are still crap but Im just destroying bosses in low tier red maps, still leveling and upgrading before going higher. I have Cloak of Defiance but farming now fuses before I will attemp 6L it (wanna have atleast 1k). Also need better gloves, ring, belt, basically every rare except maybe weapon.

But can someone more experienced look at my current tree and check if theres something I can optimize better? I feel that Im messed abit while changing tree to support cluster jewels. After Soul Siphon node I wanna take the Melding Circle to get more than 4k life and more ES (3900 life now).

Should I change something in the tree? Also still thinking about switching to Arcane Blessing but wanna hit lvl 90 first.

EDIT:
Character name is TheyStoleMyPanties
Last edited by Asag on Apr 1, 2020, 9:37:51 AM
"
Boots:
Movespeed, Mana, life & resistances.
Trade Link

Hey, your trade link for the boots is the trade link for the helmet.
Thanks for the guide :)
"
Fyodab wrote:
Tried it, the damage was good (2k mana cost, 6k300 total mana) but the number of things you have to press to make it work makes it painful for me to play :

- 4 flasks
- storm brand (where the enemies are)
- shield charge/flame dash
- orb of storms (in a pack)
- rallying cry (near enemies)
- arcane cloak

+ shield charge really sucks as a movement skill it's slow and you get stuck all the time, if you play this I recommend you use something else or only flame dash + second wind

Thanks for the build though, at least I tried something different

Yeah I quickly saw the issue with having so many buttons to press as well. You'd be well served to try and get a decent wand, with an open suffix.

Trigger spells is a huge bonus for me. It essentially freed up three buttons for me to click, well kinda two. Now I'm running the regular cwdt low level brand recall, and a high level brand recall on my wand. It also cycles in conductivity and arcane cloak. I basically just storm brand beginning of map and flame dash around after that. I just added dmg gems to OoS, and use it for bosses/metamorphs/hard mobs/to trigger my wand.
On my command, unleash hell.
"

Yeah I quickly saw the issue with having so many buttons to press as well. You'd be well served to try and get a decent wand, with an open suffix.

Trigger spells is a huge bonus for me. It essentially freed up three buttons for me to click, well kinda two. Now I'm running the regular cwdt low level brand recall, and a high level brand recall on my wand. It also cycles in conductivity and arcane cloak. I basically just storm brand beginning of map and flame dash around after that. I just added dmg gems to OoS, and use it for bosses/metamorphs/hard mobs/to trigger my wand.

Isn't brand recall with "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" a bit hard to coordinate? I call my brands at the start of each movement skill (not at the end, at least with flamedash) with that setup.
Last edited by Youhaveavirus on Apr 2, 2020, 3:25:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info