[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
mrbeeezy wrote:
Silly question. I am new to this build. But why do i want to increase my mana cost of skills?

You need to the increase the mana cost because of the Archmage support gem.
It says "Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to 132% of Mana Cost" . That's the core point of the build
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Apr 17, 2020, 4:34:11 AM
"
Hey0cean wrote:
"
mrbeeezy wrote:
Silly question. I am new to this build. But why do i want to increase my mana cost of skills?

You need to the increase the mana cost because of the Archmage support gem.
It says "Supported Skills gain Added Lightning Damage equal to 132% of Mana Cost" . That's the core point of the build

That makes sense. :D Thanks.
Hey! Pretty fun build so far. I just started messing with this tonight. I have one question. I just hit maps, and I'm having a bit of a struggle maintaining my 5 brands. I always seem to have them fall off, and find myself in a bad spot, trying to re-cast them while mobs are around- which leaves my mana pool low, and puts myself in danger.

I assume this is something you just get the hang of through practice? Or do you have any tips on when you like to recast them, if at all. I always assumed that the brands stuck around as long as you were constantly on the recall button.

Thanks in advance!
I'm "kinda" following this guide but i'm doing it my way. This is my first league and i'm probably doing a lot wrong. Any advice would be nice.
https://pastebin.com/nEFz1hRb
Thank you^^.
Last edited by Kimd4 on Apr 17, 2020, 7:53:45 AM
"
SCUBAST3V3N wrote:
Hey! Pretty fun build so far. I just started messing with this tonight. I have one question. I just hit maps, and I'm having a bit of a struggle maintaining my 5 brands. I always seem to have them fall off, and find myself in a bad spot, trying to re-cast them while mobs are around- which leaves my mana pool low, and puts myself in danger.

I assume this is something you just get the hang of through practice? Or do you have any tips on when you like to recast them, if at all. I always assumed that the brands stuck around as long as you were constantly on the recall button.

Thanks in advance!

Put Brand Recall on Left Mouse so it always gets used when off CD. Also higher Brand Recall + Empower to reduce the CD as much as possible, when you manage to bring it to 1.2s or close to that your Brands expire a lot less.

Also get a Cinderswallow, that Mana and ES on kill refill is just so good. Cast Brands, kill one pack of monsters --> back to full Mana.
Silly question so bear with me please. I have seen in videos or in discussions that some people unequip Archmage support gem before casting their brands.

Anyone know it they would still do their full damage like this (I thought it was directly relating to the mana "spent" when casting them) ? If this works this could be of big help when dying in simulacrum or just at the start of each map...

Thanks !

What would be better upgrade? Watcher or Skyforth?

Edit: Neverming, watcher's is like 38ex at the moment lol
Last edited by nico5051 on Apr 17, 2020, 9:05:43 AM
How well does this build work with delving? I love to delve. :)
Your 10m + DPS per brand endgame setup, doesn't have a remove/immune freeze flask. Are you not worried about freeze at this time?

I've got everything now, but still using that freeze immune ring. Wondering if I should switch it out.

Thanks for this build. It's gotten me further than I've ever been in poe on Xbox.
Sericus
"
ThorTheGray wrote:

So this is odd. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why this wand in game gives me 1k more tooltip dps but in PoB it gives less overall dps compared to my Apep's? I know this doesn't have crit, cast speed or super high spell damage but that total mana roll makes me go from 6954 mana to 7897 mana.

I'm not well versed on casters, usually play melee. Was thinking of actually throwing on trigger socketed spells and replacing Apep's. Is the wand actually not as good as I think it is?

"
Laxxus wrote:
ToolTip shows Average damage of a Brand per use, not DPS. So it doesn't take Cast Speed into account which Apep's has a lot of.

Ok makes sense. Let me ask this. Would you think throwing trigger a socketed spell on this would put this higher than Apep's or just keep trying on another wand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info