[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

"
Hey0cean wrote:
"
tiesto123 wrote:
Anyone else randomly die while full on ES? Have 7.k ES and get blown up on maps very frequently.

Once you have not enough mana to absorb the chaos dmg hit from mob it will go through the ES and kill you since you're not using Shavronne but Ivory Tower which says "Chaos Damage is taken from Mana before Life" .

Can I get a pob? I thought I was topping this build out, but clearly I'm wrong. My "avg" damage in hideout is 385k

Spoiler

Last edited by crzytimes on Apr 16, 2020, 4:28:42 PM
"
Laxxus wrote:

Edit: too much text >.>

Okay, after reading your thoughts, on your character and what everyone does I decided to start spending my currency on other kinds of upgrades other than watcher eye.

This is what I ended up with: https://pastebin.com/hqDfjeg9 (use pob community fork, should be first link in google)

Only thing that I bought not following all precautions and only relying on pob is my wand. When I was testing it was giving me 11%+ dps against apep for 1 exa and mana wasn't much of influence in dps.

Ofc I've seen sticks that were giving like +20% dps but they were costing 30+exa.

I haven't tested it (build with all upgrades) much but I hope it will do until I get enough money for bottled faith and watcher eye.

Thank you very much for staying with me and helping me figure out stuff and explaining what upgrades I should get.
Last edited by tonestormig on Apr 16, 2020, 5:58:42 PM

So this is odd. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why this wand in game gives me 1k more tooltip dps but in PoB it gives less overall dps compared to my Apep's? I know this doesn't have crit, cast speed or super high spell damage but that total mana roll makes me go from 6954 mana to 7897 mana.

I'm not well versed on casters, usually play melee. Was thinking of actually throwing on trigger socketed spells and replacing Apep's. Is the wand actually not as good as I think it is?
"
ThorTheGray wrote:

So this is odd. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why this wand in game gives me 1k more tooltip dps but in PoB it gives less overall dps compared to my Apep's? I know this doesn't have crit, cast speed or super high spell damage but that total mana roll makes me go from 6954 mana to 7897 mana.

I'm not well versed on casters, usually play melee. Was thinking of actually throwing on trigger socketed spells and replacing Apep's. Is the wand actually not as good as I think it is?

I'm not sure but maybe because of the mana cost
For the min-maxers out there:

Did you go Bottled Faith > Unnatural Instinct > Awakened Gems?

I'm using vaal cold scnap in my trigger want (instead of wave which I hated dying to because I forgot I was in a phys reflect map). Is a good alternative to other means of getting frenzy and is nice with vaal freezing stuff.. I constantly have 3 frenzies (and power charges) while clearing and with vaal cold snap even on bosses.

Currently I'm at around 7 mil dps per brand dps (with 3 power/frenzies) and an extra 1 mil dps since I incorporated orb of storms again (for shocks, damage and fun clearing).

Simulacrum wave 18-20 was actually a breeze this way as oos itself managed to clear up nicely after me when I was moving around.

Using oos->innervate->archmage->controlled destruction btw.. very comfortable dps from oos that way.

Big advantage ofc from using Oos is that you can use elemental focus in your stormbrand setup and still get shicks from oos.

On the topic of getting good wands, it's hard to find wand that give me substantially more damage than my current one, unless you want to think in the 30 ex range (which is a no go). Wands on the market either have high crit and decent multi but are missing cast speed (which is a huge damage boost).

Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 17, 2020, 12:42:52 AM
"
tonestormig wrote:

Thank you very much for staying with me and helping me figure out stuff and explaining what upgrades I should get.

No problem! I see you changed a lot already, hope you like the changes :D
Just dont forget to put freeze Immunity on your flask :)

"
ThorTheGray wrote:

ToolTip shows Average damage of a Brand per use, not DPS. So it doesn't take Cast Speed into account which Apep's has a lot of.
Last edited by Laxxus on Apr 17, 2020, 2:12:38 AM
My current wand I picked off the ground

Obviously not amazing, but the fire damage combos nicely with Cinderswallow.

Was enough to do AL8 Sirus deathless, with only 2 Fevered Minds.
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Apr 17, 2020, 3:46:15 AM
"
crzytimes wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:
"
tiesto123 wrote:
Anyone else randomly die while full on ES? Have 7.k ES and get blown up on maps very frequently.

Once you have not enough mana to absorb the chaos dmg hit from mob it will go through the ES and kill you since you're not using Shavronne but Ivory Tower which says "Chaos Damage is taken from Mana before Life" .

Can I get a pob? I thought I was topping this build out, but clearly I'm wrong. My "avg" damage in hideout is 385k

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/RqKD87NT - Current pob . Use the LocalIdentity's PoB fork to get the right dps numbers .
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Apr 17, 2020, 4:40:50 AM
Silly question. I am new to this build. But why do i want to increase my mana cost of skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info