[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

Guys, i need help badly, i am gettign one shoted a lot ever since i swaped to this build, so maybe i need to upgrade something, or maybe is my play style, too agressive and pushy?
I will link my items bellow, please do take a look, and advice me on what to get, i dont have the watchers eye mana to es because is very expensive (45 ex atm).
I sit at around 6,8k es and 8,4 mana. I have Brand recall on left click, is that ok, as i move my brands move with me, is that how you do it?
Anyway, here are my items, pls advice:

How are you playing this optimaly while maping? Cast brands once at teh start, 5 brands, then move around and brand recall with left click?
What to do to avoid one shots, from mostly everything? What gems should i incorporate to up my survival?
Pls help me
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
"
IceSword wrote:
Cinderswallow Urn unique flask

Which mod is the best?

3% of Life Regenerated per second during Flask Effect ( worked with Zealoths Oath? )

50% Chance to avoid being Stunned during Flask Effect
(8–12)% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect( if you dont have Skyforge )

(20–25)% reduced Mana Cost of Skills during Flask Effect( QOL? )

(20–30)% increased Rarity of Items found during Flask Effect( shit )

(60–80)% increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect ( best? )

15% of Damage Taken from Hits is Leeched as Life during Flask Effect ( worked with Ghost Reaver? )

Life Regen works with Zealoths Oath but only if you don't have Skyforth, the no Life Regen prevents the convertion as well.
Reduced Mana Cost of Skills is not QOL, it straight up decreases your damage. We want high Mana cost with Archmage, not lwoer it.
Stun Avoidance could be kinda useful defensively before you get Skyforth but I doubt it's worth it.
Damage taken from Hits leeched probably works with Ghost Reaver. But you should be capped on ES Leech all the time anyway with the insane damage we deal, so it's useless.

So yeah, the only really useful mod is the crit chance. But regardless of the mod Cinderswallow is pretty amazing to refill Mana and ES during mapping.
Can someone tell me where their feeze immune is coming from? not seeing it on most peoples flasks.
"
KopaKabana wrote:
Guys, i need help badly, i am gettign one shoted a lot ever since i swaped to this build, so maybe i need to upgrade something, or maybe is my play style, too agressive and pushy?
I will link my items bellow, please do take a look, and advice me on what to get, i dont have the watchers eye mana to es because is very expensive (45 ex atm).
I sit at around 6,8k es and 8,4 mana. I have Brand recall on left click, is that ok, as i move my brands move with me, is that how you do it?

How are you playing this optimally while mapping? Cast brands once at teh start, 5 brands, then move around and brand recall with left click?
What to do to avoid one shots, from mostly everything? What gems should i incorporate to up my survival?
Pls help me

Drop the sulphur flask and get a crit one if you are playing a crit build. If not, drop it anyway.. use cinder, rumi's, atziri's.. (IMHO)

Get bleed immunity on a flask as this will very, very quickly kill you. Anti curse would be nice too but have to admit, don't have it either.

As far as being oneshotted, a possible watcher's eye won't save you from that.. The 2K max ES is thin paper if it penetrates your ES to begin with.

Get chaos resists up. Upgrade your pantheon and make sure you use the right one for the right situation or play style.

And you will get one shot anyways with this build from time to time.. Usually I have no clue why. There is also something weird going on with damage penetrating resists.. I'm resist capped including chaos and sometimes I'm taking way too much damage with certain damage types.

"
KopaKabana wrote:

How are you playing this optimally while mapping? Cast brands once at teh start, 5 brands, then move around and brand recall with left click?
Pls help me

Drop the sulphur flask and get a crit one if you are playing a crit build. If not, drop it anyway.. use cinder, rumi's, atziri's.. (IMHO). On the cinder flask make sure you get at least a 3%/3% roll on mana/ES. Your flasks need to be used constantly.. Like part of your rotation.. 12345, ASD.. 12345.. etc.. They are vital to most builds and especially this one regarding defenses.

Get bleed immunity on a flask as this will very, very quickly kill you. Anti curse would be nice too but have to admit, don't have it either.

As far as being oneshotted, a possible watcher's eye won't save you from that.. The 2K max ES is thin paper if it penetrates your ES to begin with.

Get chaos resists up. Upgrade your pantheon and make sure you use the right one for the right situation or play style.

And you will get one shot anyways with this build from time to time.. Usually I have no clue why. There is also something weird going on with damage penetrating resists.. I'm resist capped including chaos and sometimes I'm taking way too much damage with certain damage types.

I have brand recall on my left mouse although I now think this may not be best for say simulacrums. Drop a couple brands, start killing, drop the rest.. I have 6 atm.

Forums take 4 minutes to update a thread.. I'll check back later.

Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 11, 2020, 1:28:48 PM
"
KopaKabana wrote:

How are you playing this optimaly while maping? Cast brands once at teh start, 5 brands, then move around and brand recall with left click?
Pls help me

Use Sanctuary of Thought instead of Arcane Blessing before you have a Clarity Watcher's Eye. Yes, you lose damage but you gain over 2k ES and your damage should still be good enough.
Also get rid of the Powercharge on Crit setup, you get them through Skyforth.
You could use Shield Charge + Fortify instead for more Survivability.

Yes, I also use Brand Recall on left Mouse, the only real way to always use it immediately, so you don't have to recast your Brands all the time.
"
nico5051 wrote:
Hey guys! I haven't played last week, now I'm back with questions.
I have ~6ex budget, what should I upgrade now? I'm nowhere close the op damage, POB says 469k

Help please
Update: 7ex budget
https://pastebin.com/KmG5GZnr

Somebody can check my gear, what is the next good upgrade my dps 2mill where i need to invest ? i have 13ex atm
"
nico5051 wrote:
"
nico5051 wrote:
Hey guys! I haven't played last week, now I'm back with questions.
I have ~6ex budget, what should I upgrade now? I'm nowhere close the op damage, POB says 469k

Help please
Update: 7ex budget

- Potentially look at a new weapon with 80+ crit, 120+ mana, 80+ spell/lightning damage with an open suffix to craft trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill.
- Look into upgrading your rings to cerulean's with 60+ mana, 30+ es, res, and strength if you need that.
- You eventually also want to upgrade your voidbringer's to be closer to 80% mana cost of skills, with high critical strike chance for spells. Upgrading your Mindspiral from 7% to 10% mana as extra ES will also be great in increasing your ES.

The option to upgrade to Skyforth's is entirely your choice when you want to do it. I've seen some people decide not to purchase them.

Personally, for me, I went Skyforth > ES Watcher's Eye. I'm now going to save up for Unnatural Instincts > Bottled faith, in that order.
Last edited by JayChow on Apr 11, 2020, 2:09:19 PM
Also easy upgrades like using catalysts on your Foible, Voidbringers with higher increased mana cost or Minsprial with better mana as ES.

edit: Oh, you edited that in while my forum was loaaaaaaading lol
Last edited by Laxxus on Apr 11, 2020, 2:17:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info