[3.23]The BLOCKMAN

"
Riviar90 wrote:
Would you say Paradoxica is still worth it if I don't want to use Abyssus or should I go for some rare high pdps foil?

My main reason for switching to glad cyclone was to get something that can do well with ultimatums. Using Abyssus, especially while under 6k hp is making the build fairly prone to being oneshot. Once a big phys hit makes it through block (and it will), you are dead. How block seems to work in poe (giving alternating windows of blocking everything and everything passing through block) is only making this weakness more prominent.

Build already has 42% physical damage reduction through armor and passives standing still at HO, and it increases a lot when you're spinning and putting fortify up alongside infused channeling. Abyssus gives the build absolutely no downside.

As noted in the guide, for a foil to outdps Paradoxica, it must be almost mirror tier. Absolutely not worth spending that much on a foil that performs almost the same as a 10ex unique.

not using abyssus is a mistake, IMO. it's too much free damage on a single slot. you devalue crit A LOT by not using it.

"
vodafon3 wrote:
Also looking for the solution. Im dying in heist like a trash. Looks like Hear of Oak (passive) with your enchant should be the exit.

or you can spend one extra point to get to Unwavering Stance and keep the 16% AS boot enchantment that gives a shitton of damage.

both options are viable, tho

"
istrikerz wrote:
Can anyone help me figure out what im doing wrong, Dieing allot on Red maps (even t11 and 12's) i have max block but still somehow manage to constantly get hit.. am i missing something?

https://pastebin.com/BPNHFQD4
Heres my build atm, all im really missing from the builds PoB is ryslathas belt and a bottled faith everythnig else is kinda the same So whats the deal?

gear seems fine, albeit kinda totally wrong compared to the guide. I can only imagine it's a gameplay issue.

your paradoxica is absolutely trash, not gonna lie. assassin's mark ring is not as good as a vulnerability ring.

not having a -15 mana cost to socketed gem chest is your biggest issue. you shouldn't be using a single drop of mana in this build. enlighten on the auras is unnecessary, and you're missing precision. movement skill and blood rage should be linked to bloodtap.

above 5.5k HP, you shouldn't be getting 1-shot by anything that's not heavily telegraphed.

all in all, things that you're missing: watcher's eye (that's a fat +30% dps), ryslatha's coil, circle of guilt (added survivability + damage), amulet with better stats, ring with better (and correct) stats, tailwind/elusive boots, better rolled paradoxica, and a way better chest.

you can also drop a block node on the tree. our max block is 79%, and you get 8% free when you get hit, so you need only 71% flat block standing at HO. I dropped defiance and got 2 points that can be spent elsewhere (getting to another jewel socket, for example).
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Apr 26, 2021, 5:32:08 PM
I’m playing this on HC Ultimatum.

Gear is still meh, but working on it.

Anything you’d do differently on HC?
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

gear seems fine, albeit kinda totally wrong compared to the guide. I can only imagine it's a gameplay issue.

your paradoxica is absolutely trash, not gonna lie. assassin's mark ring is not as good as a vulnerability ring.

not having a -15 mana cost to socketed gem chest is your biggest issue. you shouldn't be using a single drop of mana in this build. enlighten on the auras is unnecessary, and you're missing precision. movement skill and blood rage should be linked to bloodtap.

above 5.5k HP, you shouldn't be getting 1-shot by anything that's not heavily telegraphed.

all in all, things that you're missing: watcher's eye (that's a fat +30% dps), ryslatha's coil, circle of guilt (added survivability + damage), amulet with better stats, ring with better (and correct) stats, tailwind/elusive boots, better rolled paradoxica, and a way better chest.

you can also drop a block node on the tree. our max block is 79%, and you get 8% free when you get hit, so you need only 71% flat block standing at HO. I dropped defiance and got 2 points that can be spent elsewhere (getting to another jewel socket, for example).

Thanks for the reply, im currently working on this but it seems ill need to farm a bit more for all of it, Just got the mana cost body armour and switched the enlighten for precision and put lifetap on my other skills so now got all my gems and mana worked out. Right now im working on getting a circle of guilt and then eventually a rsthalas.

Appreciate the help. Hopefully this solves all my problems! :D
And cheers for the tip on removing Defiance on the tree got another gem socket slot thanks to that, more life and damage!

Also until i can afford a ryslathas coil, what belt should i use? Would soul tether work in making me survive more? or do i go like a belt of the deceiver for more damage
Last edited by istrikerz on Apr 27, 2021, 2:21:56 AM
"
Dalrost wrote:
"
Bebzu wrote:
how do we get 100% chance to impale? I only have 40 atm

Impale support skill : 40 %
Forceful Skewering 15%
Swift Skewering 15%
2 small impale effect : 5 + 5
Dread banner : 20%

Total 100%

I am still on 70%. Dread banner gives me only 10%. What are those two small impale effects?
"
lusterier wrote:
"
Dalrost wrote:
"
Bebzu wrote:
how do we get 100% chance to impale? I only have 40 atm

Impale support skill : 40 %
Forceful Skewering 15%
Swift Skewering 15%
2 small impale effect : 5 + 5
Dread banner : 20%

Total 100%

I am still on 70%. Dread banner gives me only 10%. What are those two small impale effects?

2 of the small nodes that lead to the impales
Impale chance and physical damage - 5% x2
Dread banner also gives 20% when its planted
Last edited by istrikerz on Apr 27, 2021, 2:58:21 AM
Is explosive chest still worth useing? or beter go with -mana and power charges?

And one more question: do we still keep blood rage gem when we get Paradoxica (it trigger blood rage very often) ?
Last edited by Bebzu on Apr 27, 2021, 9:34:36 AM
First of all thank you so much for this awesome build. I played a ton of them but this just stood out. Solid damage and a MASSIVE tank! Also its fun to play (coming from d3 as a WW barb main). Edit: And its just perfect for this league :)

But now I need your help. What should I upgrade next? Whats the most important next step? Am I building correctly? You see any mayor mistakes I currently make?

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/buAyWjme

Thanks again and keep it up!

Edit: a little note from me the "Arrogance" gem does not work, only lifetap. For the ones with mana problems (build with precision). -> level down your bloodrage (vendor scouring orb and the gem for -1 level)
Last edited by dr_vellian_crowler on Apr 27, 2021, 9:03:56 AM
"
First of all thank you so much for this awesome build. I played a ton of them but this just stood out. Solid damage and a MASSIVE tank! Also its fun to play (coming from d3 as a WW barb main). Edit: And its just perfect for this league :)

But now I need your help. What should I upgrade next? Whats the most important next step? Am I building correctly? You see any mayor mistakes I currently make?

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/buAyWjme

Thanks again and keep it up!

Edit: a little note from me the "Arrogance" gem does not work, only lifetap. For the ones with mana problems (build with precision). -> level down your bloodrage (vendor scouring orb and the gem for -1 level)

Arrogance was only there as a placeholder for Lifetap, since with all the auras your left with about 10-20 mana, the only skill you have that should use mana is blood rage and it most likely wont be able to be maxed for taht reason
"
Bebzu wrote:
Is explosive chest still worth useing? or beter go with -mana and power charges?

And one more question: do we still keep blood rage gem when we get Paradoxica (it trigger blood rage very often) ?

explode chest right now doesn't feel too good. -mana is a must, power charge is a luxury.

you keep blood rage on a separate gem link because you need it on single target fights, as paradoxica's blood rage only procs on kill.

"
istrikerz wrote:
Also until i can afford a ryslathas coil, what belt should i use? Would soul tether work in making me survive more? or do i go like a belt of the deceiver for more damage

a simple stygian vise with life and resists should do just fine (belt of the deceiver would be the absolute budget option).

IMO, soul tether's overleech isn't that useful on this build compared to others. we're block capped and every block recovers a shitton of HP already, overleech would give you that extra safety, but using up an entire item slot for that isn't really worth it

"
GrappLr wrote:
I’m playing this on HC Ultimatum.

Gear is still meh, but working on it.

Anything you’d do differently on HC?

honestly? I'd reroll. this build is tanky as all hell, but our biggests weakness is degens. it really, really doesn't feel great to walk over a puddle and watch your HP drop so fast. if there was a way to make us tankier to DoT's, i'd do it
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Apr 27, 2021, 11:39:58 AM
Hello i have a super noob question....POB show the true DPS of paradoxica (double damage)? or i have to calculate it?

Right now i have this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info