[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

1st time poster... long time lurker and casual player! I plan on using this build as my next league starter (was going to do it this league but a 6L white socketed Belly of the Beast appeared "thank you Vaal Orb" & could not pass up using it), however I am much of what I learned in a 2nd character I am playing now.

I have a couple of questions (understanding I am casual player):

1. Endurance Charges, how can this build generate these?

2. Lvl 20 Steelskin vs Lvl 20 Molten Shell (not Vaal), when do you make the switch at what armor level? I assume you would need to be 5-6k base armor for Molten Shell to make sense? I am using this either in my move button or with CWDT not self casting..... Or is Lvl 1 Immortal Call+CWDT the beter choice?

3. Enigmatic Defence VS Steadfast "10% increased Effect of Fortify on you
10% increased Effect of Fortify on you while Stationary
30% increased Armour while you have Fortify". Would Steadfast be a better option or worse? Also should we maybe consider Charging Offensive for Endurance & Frenzy charges (when hit) +6% Atk spd?

4. Controlled Destruction vs Maim? Why give up the crit chance for 44% More damage when using Maim would appear to give same/more damage & not reduce crit chance?

5. Instead of Cluster Jewels, taking staff blocking nodes for more defense?

Thanks in advance for answering any or all of my questions!
Last edited by Yipp on Jun 13, 2021, 8:58:15 AM
First off, many thanks for you help!

"
Caskuda wrote:
@Yazarchy
the problem is see with summon skeletons is, that you have to stand still and cast them. thus you are not attacking and triggering your holy relic totem.

I mainly use it for the Vaal cooldown, especially in Ultimatums. They army taunts everything making life considerably easier. Another good use is spawning a bunch of them beyond a door in the Heists, otherwise when I run through everything seemed to hit me at the same time causing problems. So mostly utility, but a good little cooldown to pop when you need it.

"
Caskuda wrote:
In my opinion, you really should focus on the gem-levels. The dps will be way better, once your staff is +3 or you run an empower 4.

Regarding the empower:
lvl 3 is currently just 13c on the market.
lvl 4 is currently 1 - 1.2 exalts
lvl 21 holy relic: 3c
lvl 21 / 20q holy relic: 60-70c

Makes sense. I bought a holy relic, will save up for the empower now. Thanks!

"
Caskuda wrote:
as long, as you don't aim for a divergent-holy relic, a staff with +3 might be somewhat cheap (no attackspeed) in a range of 5-7 exalts for crafting it on your own.
maybe even cheaper, in case you buy a +1 + minion dmg stuff, gamble with an annul for an open slot and craft the +2 support gems afterwards.

I don't have anywhere near that cash. Ah well, maybe next league!

"
Caskuda wrote:
Personally i felt, like i died most frequently to heavy phys hits. (ultimatum apes + vulnerability) and such stuff.
Keeping endurance charges and flasks up helps a lot.

That's what it feels like to me as well. I bought some gear with +1 min endurance charge, and it feels much better. Maybe thats the key..?
Last edited by Yazarchy on Jun 14, 2021, 12:17:26 PM
Silly question. The prophecy to turn the Crest into the Legacy (Bishop's Legacy) triggers on the cursed Crypts map, which i dont think is enabled to drop in this league. I tried the palette swap in act 2 Crypts, but it did not trigger the prophecy. Any idea which boss i need to put down, or is the prophecy kinda useless at the moment? No cursed crypt= no Pagan Bishop of Agony. Is it something i should just buy as G's Legacy?
Last edited by Ferralissa on Jun 14, 2021, 8:31:43 PM
"
Ferralissa wrote:
Silly question. The prophecy to turn the Crest into the Legacy (Bishop's Legacy) triggers on the cursed Crypts map, which i dont think is enabled to drop in this league. I tried the palette swap in act 2 Crypts, but it did not trigger the prophecy. Any idea which boss i need to put down, or is the prophecy kinda useless at the moment? No cursed crypt= no Pagan Bishop of Agony. Is it something i should just buy as G's Legacy?

I did the Prophecy this Ultimatum league & got my Crown killing him in Cursed Crypt Map However I think it was a much higher tier like T10 Plus.... actually just looked at my map and it says T13. So if you can't wait until T13 maps buy it now I guess
"
Yazarchy wrote:
First off, many thanks for you help!

"
Caskuda wrote:
as long, as you don't aim for a divergent-holy relic, a staff with +3 might be somewhat cheap (no attackspeed) in a range of 5-7 exalts for crafting it on your own.
maybe even cheaper, in case you buy a +1 + minion dmg stuff, gamble with an annul for an open slot and craft the +2 support gems afterwards.

I don't have anywhere near that cash. Ah well, maybe next league!

In case you dont optimize for attackspeed (divergent Relic)
And you are willing to skip the additional miniondmg on the staff, the cheapest way is either:

a)
buy a NOT CORRUPTED 6Linked +1 to all socketed Gems Staff which you sometimes might snatch for < 1 ex, or 1-2 ex on average, and check wether or not there is an open suffix for the +2 to all support gems craft.

b)
Alternatively start with a 6Linked NOT CORRUPTED staff. 15-25c.
With 400 Alterations, you have a confidence of > 99% getting the +1 to all socketed gems with alterations + augmentations.
Once you have that, regal orb and save up for Catarins +2 Craft (2exalts)

Both methods are < 4 ex. a) is less time consuming. b) involves the alteration-clicking , but might be slightly cheaper.

In case you convert your smaller random currencies / essences / stacked decks, and so on to Chaos and Exalts, you could get it in 1-3 hours of grind easily.

Once you need that catarina-craft, and you dont have it so far, let me know in game.

NOTE: with option b) and the multi-mod craft (+2 ex) you could add the minion damage benchcraft on the staff too.
Last edited by Caskuda on Jun 15, 2021, 3:36:40 AM
@Yipp You're amazing, thanks. The wiki lists the map as something that no longer drops, hence my original confusion. Thanks for tossing me the info, trying to get the gear for my dad to play this. Thanks again good sir!
Last edited by Ferralissa on Jun 15, 2021, 7:06:55 AM
Hello, a likely newcomer with no idea about the game after giving a 5 year break here. Brilliant build, it helped me a lot to ramp up my progress. Thanks for that, firstly.

At the cluster jewel skills, do we max out all of those skills or is there any nodes that we avoid?
Would you say this build is SSF friendly, aside from just needing Geofri's Legacy? HCSSF viable even?
"
Ghoulers wrote:
Would you say this build is SSF friendly, aside from just needing Geofri's Legacy? HCSSF viable even?

SSF friendly yes.. as for HC friendly... as friendly as any other melee range build can possibly be I guess
Is this build ok to league start / does it work well into maps without Geofri's Legacy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info