[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Great build, took me further than I've ever been so far, even pulled off my first ever Sirus fight without any deaths. I imagine currency being so easy to get this League and making upgrades affordable for me contributed to that, but the build certainly had solid performance in early mapping and continues to get better as I go.

Now I'm slowly running out of upgrades to make, at least ones that I can think of and are substantial enough to care. Just need to finish off clusters, get a better +1 int skill level amulet and curse ring, and maybe craft cannot be frozen on boots so I can fit in Rumi's without sacrificing any other flask affixes.
So I'm a first league-r here and so far doing pretty well up to T7 maps or so. One thing I did notice is I am kinda slow on some of the clears for temples/maps etc due to having to wait for golds/bosses to die. If you have any advice on how to progress, if I just need to keep running maps, or how I should prioritize things that would be greatly appreciated, I have 3ex and 200c and overall am looking either for mid-high tier upgrades depending on price/availability.

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/FbAhHHwD

Things I recently did:
-Acquired a 6L staff with +1 to socketed skills, +65% minion dmg (need to change the sockets for 4B - 2R later to add support for empower)
-Upgraded gloves with better stats + minion dmg
-Upgraded some flasks
-Upgraded belt for more stats/res

Things I am working on (kind of in order of my priorities):
-Getting gems to 20 (20qual) or 21 as possible
-Upgrading my rings and necklaces (The necklaces with +1 int gems is 300c, would probably need a temp upgrade to bridge the gap for now)
-Acquire good skill gem clusters (I had some issue trying to filter properly and price these out)
-Upgrade my jewels to have more minion damage
-Upgrade my flasks completely
"
futilewc wrote:
So I'm a first league-r here and so far doing pretty well up to T7 maps or so. One thing I did notice is I am kinda slow on some of the clears for temples/maps etc due to having to wait for golds/bosses to die. If you have any advice on how to progress, if I just need to keep running maps, or how I should prioritize things that would be greatly appreciated, I have 3ex and 200c and overall am looking either for mid-high tier upgrades depending on price/availability.

From a pure damage perspective, getting up to a 6-link on your staff is going to be the largest boost you can get. Predator support will probably be the best support gem for you for now. Since gem levels are so important on Summon Holy Relic for damage, you should buy one from the market if you are not playing solo self-found (they cost about 2c for level 21).

Defensively, I recommend upgrading your rare gear with good life rolls. Movement speed on boots is also recommended to help you dodge enemy attacks.

Other than the above, I think your plan so far is very sound. Keep on playing; drops will happen and upgrades will come. The largest (and most expensive) part of the build is the staff, everything else is minor in comparison.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 22, 2020, 12:14:59 PM
"
futilewc wrote:

-Upgrading my rings and necklaces (The necklaces with +1 int gems is 300c, would probably need a temp upgrade to bridge the gap for now)

What I did was buy a ilvl 82+ hunter influence base amulet and just spammed orbs of alteration until I got +1 int. The base cost me like 10c. It's RNG though, so you might get it in 20 alts or you might not get it in 300. Then you can use a regal to upgrade it to rare and continue crafting from there, but the other stats likely won't be great unless you're really lucky, or take some risks with Annulment orbs.

"
Moosseolini wrote:
The largest (and most expensive) part of the build is the staff, everything else is minor in comparison.

With how cheap exalts are right now, making the staff is probably less expensive than buying a lvl 4 Empower. But it should be pretty close.

Oh, and a QoL life suggestion for people who use Cyclone. If you manage to get reduced mana cost of skills on a few of your jewels, a single piece of jewellery with a -3 total mana cost of channeled skills will get your Cyclone down to 0. Makes no regen maps a lot more manageable (well, at least ones that aren't dangerous for other reasons in addition to that), and helps a bit with bosses that can kill your relics since using Cyclone won't prevent your mana from recovering.
Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely looking to get some +30% ms boots to make everything go a bit faster.
one of the best build write-ups i've read in the last several years. many thanks
I love this build, there are a few upgrades I can still make, curse ring comes to mind but even now I'm crushing t16s without ever dying. I feel like both the damage and the survival is enough as it is. Doing a8 sirus deathless easily and so on.
Hm, Divergent pride don't working? Why?
👀
"
denhol wrote:
Hm, Divergent pride don't working? Why?

This is the first time I hear about this. My guess would be that divergent pride works like the Overwhelm mechanic rather than actually reducing enemy physical damage resistance.
This is my 3rd time running this build, its amazing! As a very casual player, this is the furthest I've taken it this league and it's better than ever.

I've been looking into my Relic proc rate using Cyclone now instead of Static Strike. Using your formula in POB for my normal quality SHR, it shows a cooldown of .375s with a 20% cdr helm. POB shows the cooldown as .4s, so I'm assuming POB is wrong. Or maybe I'm missing something? I have my cyclone attack rate at exactly 5.34. I see ways to get to 5.3 but I'm not sure which is better. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Also any tricks to keeping the relics from dying? I have my gem at level 29 and still I lose them in Shaper, Uber Elder, and Sirus fights. Even occasionally lose them in extremely dense delirium encounters (which usually results in me dying too once i get in the thick of things).

Here's my build if it helps at all:
https://pastebin.com/CEwz72YD

Appreciate any help and thanks for this guide!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info