[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
This is my 3rd time running this build, its amazing! As a very casual player, this is the furthest I've taken it this league and it's better than ever.

I've been looking into my Relic proc rate using Cyclone now instead of Static Strike. Using your formula in POB for my normal quality SHR, it shows a cooldown of .375s with a 20% cdr helm. POB shows the cooldown as .4s, so I'm assuming POB is wrong. Or maybe I'm missing something? I have my cyclone attack rate at exactly 5.34. I see ways to get to 5.3 but I'm not sure which is better. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Also any tricks to keeping the relics from dying? I have my gem at level 29 and still I lose them in Shaper, Uber Elder, and Sirus fights. Even occasionally lose them in extremely dense delirium encounters (which usually results in me dying too once i get in the thick of things).

Here's my build if it helps at all:
https://pastebin.com/CEwz72YD

Appreciate any help and thanks for this guide!

Regarding the hit-rate of your skill, I've updated the FAQ a while back to describe the situation more accurately (I got it wrong the first time around). I would suggest taking a look. The tl;dr is that PoB is correct.

Unfortunately, with the way the game is at the highest challenge level, sometimes the relic do just die with our investment. To make them more tanky would likely still result in them dying in those fringe situations, considering there are only a few ways we can improve their tankiness. The best solution is to change your playstyle as far as I can tell; run back when relics die and re-summon them somewhere safe.

If you're still adamant about making the relics tankier, you could path down to the Indomitable Army cluster. We can't really get tankiness on minions through items as many mods are on helmets or Convoking Wands.
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Regarding the hit-rate of your skill, I've updated the FAQ a while back to describe the situation more accurately (I got it wrong the first time around). I would suggest taking a look. The tl;dr is that PoB is correct.

Unfortunately, with the way the game is at the highest challenge level, sometimes the relic do just die with our investment. To make them more tanky would likely still result in them dying in those fringe situations, considering there are only a few ways we can improve their tankiness. The best solution is to change your playstyle as far as I can tell; run back when relics die and re-summon them somewhere safe.

If you're still adamant about making the relics tankier, you could path down to the Indomitable Army cluster. We can't really get tankiness on minions through items as many mods are on helmets or Convoking Wands.

Thanks again! I overlooked that in the FAQ, I've adjusted my attack rate and ran a quick map. It for sure makes a difference I can notice. Regarding Relic tankiness I assumed as much, thanks for verifying.
Hello , thanks so much for this guide, i love this build.

i had a question regarding cluster jewels and "being effected by a herald"

if im using generosity will i still be effected by a herald so my minions will get damage ?

Last edited by Eraqi on Nov 19, 2020, 4:14:10 AM
"
Eraqi wrote:

if im using generosity will i still be effected by a herald so my minions will get damage ?

Since Herald skills are classified under a category of their own, and are not considered auras, Generosity cannot support Herald skills.

So you will always be affected by your own Herald.
how are you thanks for the build

Any doubt I could continue using smite instead of static or cyclone or it would be bad
"
Moosseolini wrote:
"
Eraqi wrote:

Since Herald skills are classified under a category of their own, and are not considered auras, Generosity cannot support Herald skills.

So you will always be affected by your own Herald.

Thanks so much !!
"
BersekerBlack wrote:
how are you thanks for the build

Any doubt I could continue using smite instead of static or cyclone or it would be bad

In theory, you can use any attack that you like. Both Static Strike and Cyclone offer the unique advantage of being able to move while attacking, making them better for this build.

I'd suggest trying out all of these attack skills when you reach Act 6. Then, simply pick the one that works best for you.
Hello and once again thank you for you post.

I keep having fun with relics and messing up with necromancer path.

I'm currently pushing up to the builds limits reaching up 7M dps with nearly capped block and 6k life+ 2k ES

Hope you don't mind if I try and make a guide on a necro with a shield version of this build, using your guide as insparation?

Also here is my current PoB, would be happy if you look at it, maybe you can see something to improve? https://pastebin.com/GDpjLUKR
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Hello and once again thank you for you post.

I keep having fun with relics and messing up with necromancer path.

I'm currently pushing up to the builds limits reaching up 7M dps with nearly capped block and 6k life+ 2k ES

Hope you don't mind if I try and make a guide on a necro with a shield version of this build, using your guide as insparation?

Also here is my current PoB, would be happy if you look at it, maybe you can see something to improve? https://pastebin.com/GDpjLUKR

By all means, feel free to post your own guide.

I'll edit this reply if I spot anything in the PoB that could be improved.
Oh there is something I wanted to ask.

How do you deal with blight maps?
I seem to have trouble doing them since your range is so limited.

Do you just sell them?
Or do them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info