[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

I quite like this guide. However, after looking at the tree, I couldn't help but think this would just be better as a necromancer. Sure enough, I put almost the exact same tree on a necromancer, and it easily bumps up the damage on the guide's PoB build to 855k a hit, and 4+ mil dps, without actually losing much in defense. It loses Time of Need, which is unfortunate, but Mistress of Sacrifice lets us use Bone Offering to cap our block, even while also taking fewer block nodes (I admit it is a little tight on gem sockets to fit it). I am going to do this build as a guardian for the upcoming league to benefit my friends, but assuming no nerfs to unnatural strength in Heist (or possibly bone offering and/or mistress of sacrifice, depending on how heavy possible nerfs might be), it would seem to be the better ascendancy to me.

Here is the PoB I was working with. I didn't do much, just swapped it to necro, added bone offering, and dropped the anointment and a couple other block nodes.
https://pastebin.com/szUbTBdf
Hi,

Massive thank you for this build, i just reach my first level 100 caracter playing this build.
Strong, tanky, correct clear speed, really nice !
LUCK is not a factor !
Now without Glancing Blows?)
👀
"
denhol wrote:
Now without Glancing Blows?)

Probably no more glancing blows. I would wait until the patch notes are out for conclusive answers however.
This build is something I could imagine playing in Heist, but with a slightly different skill tree (like no Glancing Blows and a bit more block).

I have a question regarding the Holy Relic cooldown. As it has a skill cooldown I wonder if the server tick rate thing from CoC (see this reddit link) applies for it as well.

If that's the case, the FAQ wouldn't be quite correct. As far as I see it having 5,051 aps or slightly less would be ideal with cylone then if using Geofri's Legacy for all but a 25% roll.

Might be wrong though, but it's not a trigger thing like CWC and it's almost like CoC so I'm not sure.
Last edited by TheError on Sep 16, 2020, 1:29:24 PM
"
TheError wrote:
This build is something I could imagine playing in Heist, but with a slightly different skill tree (like no Glancing Blows and a bit more block).

I have a question regarding the Holy Relic cooldown. As it has a skill cooldown I wonder if the server tick rate thing from CoC (see this reddit link) applies for it as well.

If that's the case, the FAQ wouldn't be quite correct. As far as I see it having 5,051 aps or slightly less would be ideal with cylone then if using Geofri's Legacy for all but a 25% roll.

Might be wrong though, but it's not a trigger thing like CWC and it's almost like CoC so I'm not sure.

You may be correct, however it is difficult to say for certain. I've noticed some strange behaviour regarding triggering the holy relic nova in the past. It was pointed out to me previously that holy relic was triggering visually but not dealing damage in the hunter citadel video, maybe this has something to do with it?

In any case, attack speed is pretty easily tweak-able for this build, considering how many sources we have of tiny AS increases. If this does turn out to be the ideal aps, then the FAQ will be updated to reflect this.
I'll be using an individual variant of this build as league starter in heist, but they really killed glancing blows... with 75/75 it's only a 26,25% damage reduction on average for a lot of investment.
Using real block as a necromancer we get 28/28 block for only 3 passives. Already more reduction though unreliable. Add 25% attack OR 20% spell from staff implicit, and there's no reason to take it ever again. There's also a 4attack block / 1.5% life reg notable available on small life% clusters to push it further. Glancing blows is dead.

The best easily affordable regular jewel will be 7%life 16% minion damage, so in my opinion it will be beneficial to get small life %cluster jewels instead in our big minion cluster. That's 8% attack block, 3% lifereg. Add offering, maelstrom staff and the 3 staff block nodes above the cluster place, and we're already at 61% attack and 28% spell block with very little investment.
For 5 additional passives we get to eighter 72/28 or 68/35 depending on which wheel we take. Take both remove one small cluster and it's 75/35.
Is it worth investing 7 passives to go from 61/28 to 75/35? I think it will depend on context, but at least for delves it should be with 372 life on block.
Last edited by Nephalon on Sep 17, 2020, 7:03:30 AM
"
Nephalon wrote:
I'll be using an individual variant of this build as league starter in heist, but they really killed glancing blows... with 75/75 it's only a 26,25% damage reduction on average for a lot of investment.
Using real block as a necromancer we get 28/28 block for only 3 passives. Already more reduction though unreliable. Add 25% attack OR 20% spell from staff implicit, and there's no reason to take it ever again. There's also a 4attack block / 1.5% life reg notable available on small life% clusters to push it further. Glancing blows is dead.

The best easily affordable regular jewel will be 7%life 16% minion damage, so in my opinion it will be beneficial to get small life %cluster jewels instead in our big minion cluster. That's 8% attack block, 3% lifereg. Add offering, maelstrom staff and the 3 staff block nodes above the cluster place, and we're already at 61% attack and 28% spell block with very little investment.
For 5 additional passives we get to eighter 72/28 or 68/35 depending on which wheel we take. Take both remove one small cluster and it's 75/35.
Is it worth investing 7 passives to go from 61/28 to 75/35? I think it will depend on context, but at least for delves it should be with 372 life on block.

Could I ask you to post your PoB so I could compare?
Unrelated to the glancing blow discussion:
Alternative quality holy relic:
20% minion cool down reduction at 20 quality, which cancels the reduced cdr from geoffris.
This would make an alt quality 20/20 better then a regular 21/20...

With +1 socketed gems and +2 socketed support gems enhance support would actually be damn good with an additional 48% quality at level 7.
In this case it could be an alternative to death mark that is always active.
"
Moosseolini wrote:

Could I ask you to post your PoB so I could compare?

So far I only mapped my coming build on the poe planner mobile app, but I'll do a proper POB for league start when I get home from work.
It's quite heavily altered from your build, but promises to get some really nice damage going once the cluster crafts are finished. Less life though, but I'm still thinking about how to improve ehp.

Edit:
https://pastebin.com/EQux574t

Level 90, 6,7M DPS 7k EHP + ongoing leech, 75/35 block without Glancing Blow.
Most expensive things are the 2 6 Links and the staff-crafting.

With Holy Relic on 21 and a lvl 4 empower it's 7.5M, alternate quality relic 21/20 bumps that to 10M. And gear is far from optimized.
Minmax with awakened gems and 21/20 etc will go way further.
Last edited by Nephalon on Sep 17, 2020, 4:42:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info