[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

I'm interested in league starting this build as a necro, assuming Ashes is left alone. I combed through this thread from Scourged to present so I wouldn't bother ya'll with too much but I have a few questions--

1. For necro league start: is staff or 1h + shield preferred? I'm going cyclone ASAP in A3.
If 1h, is there anything I should be looking for besides +1 to all skill gems mod before crafting GG weapon?

2. Looking at poe.ninja & livejamie's posted setup: why is rune dagger the preferred base? Is fiend dagger optimal? Do I craft by: faceted fossil spam, Aisling slam with open prefix + cry, wipe suffixes, multimod?

3. I got really spoiled using Purity of Elements for the first time this league and I'd like to fit it in somehow. Is it feasible to maybe swap out Aegis for a shaper shield with life/es on block + increased reservation of socketed gems? Maybe that isn't realistic since I'll likely need crab pantheon for stun protection which is already packaged with cannot be frozen. Pathing to Unwavering Stance seems inefficient.
Yeah, I'm curious if anyone's put together an aura stacking holy relic build using aegis. Would like to start with something cheap and mature it into an aura stacker. I'm fine sticking with holy relic.
Anyone have an opinion on cyclone vs static strike? Havent played in a few leagues but looking at this as a league starter because the guide is so well done. I always enjoyed cyclone for infused channeling because the playstyle is easy on my hands/wrists. The guide seems more based on staying with static strike tho, just wanted to get other's opinions on the two.
"
Anyone have an opinion on cyclone vs static strike? Havent played in a few leagues but looking at this as a league starter because the guide is so well done. I always enjoyed cyclone for infused channeling because the playstyle is easy on my hands/wrists. The guide seems more based on staying with static strike tho, just wanted to get other's opinions on the two.

Static strike is easier to pull off as u don´t have to worry a lot about matching the holy relic cooldown to your attack speed. Cyclone is more quality of life in lategame as u dont have to break animation to start attacking. Once you´ve got ashes of the stars 30qual + geoffris 20% cyclone starts to outperform cause you will reach the next server-tick.

so:
leaguestart with static strike level 1, level 19 for divergent holy relic and transition into cyclone once you´ve got a decent weapon and the above recommended items.
"
Vennto wrote:
"

Static strike is easier to pull off as u don´t have to worry a lot about matching the holy relic cooldown to your attack speed. Cyclone is more quality of life in lategame as u dont have to break animation to start attacking. Once you´ve got ashes of the stars 30qual + geoffris 20% cyclone starts to outperform cause you will reach the next server-tick.

so:
leaguestart with static strike level 1, level 19 for divergent holy relic and transition into cyclone once you´ve got a decent weapon and the above recommended items.

Thanks a ton man that helps clear things up.
"
Fightcard wrote:
2. Looking at poe.ninja & livejamie's posted setup: why is rune dagger the preferred base? Is fiend dagger optimal? Do I craft by: faceted fossil spam, Aisling slam with open prefix + cry, wipe suffixes, multimod?

Sorry you didn't quote me so I didn't notice this :X

The ideal APS for Optimal Triggering/DPS is 1.23, which can only be achieved with a 1.20 weapon and harvest enchant

These are the bases you can use, ideally with a Minion Synth Implicit:

Alt spam or fossil spam for +1 gems, then I did prefixes cannot be changed and veiled chaos orb for trigger craft

You can safely remove all garbage mods with cannot roll caster mods and annuls since both have caster tags, once you have it clean you can multimod

livejamie
Has anybody tested leveling SRS vs Absolution and transitioning into Holy Relic?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Sorry you didn't quote me so I didn't notice this :X

I suck at forums but thank you for the detailed response!

Also based on Vennto's advice I'm going to start Static Strike with staff before transitioning to cyclone 1h after getting Ashes. Thanks ya'll!
I am playing around with this build but with bows, and the ridiculous hit rate of storm rain. It seams like a great way to get max damage output, Just have to work out a way to increase defenses without shield. But Thank you for the build!
"
apitura wrote:
I am playing around with this build but with bows, and the ridiculous hit rate of storm rain. It seams like a great way to get max damage output, Just have to work out a way to increase defenses without shield. But Thank you for the build!

Seems a bit silly, but I've tried it. You don't get fast enough hits to get to the next server tick threshold and you don't get a single hit that procs for a duration or the ability to hit while moving. You gotta stop and attack. It's worse than both static strike and cyclone and you lose the block chance.
Last edited by Drekalo on May 12, 2022, 6:20:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info