[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

Hi there,
Just wanted to say I'm currently running this build and I'm loving it.

I'm playing Xbox which means I'm playing semi-ssf so I like bro craft my own gear and this build was looking very interesting in that regard since it doesn't need that much but still have a few interesting ways to improve it along the way.

Also, I was lucky enough to buy what looks like the only +1 to supported socketed gems synthesis staff on Xbox and easily crafted it (after using 2.6K fusing:D ). Only thing I'm missing right now is empower lvl4, still using a corrupted lvl3.

Dps is good, not crazy but decent enough to "control" boss fights. I'm at 2.3M dps with 9k life. I play the static strike variant and man, in maps it's basically a walk simulator.

Anyways, just wanted to thank Moosseolini for the build. Have fun guys.
Hi all,

I'm running with this build :) and very interesting with this.

I have some question , anyone could help me

1) about static strike , should we level up it to max or still use with lvl 1 as recommendation
2) look at my build how could I improve my damage same as the guideline , cause I find the way to build same as him but my damage still weak :( (meant sometime weak with unique map bosses )
3) Could this build go with end game boss : Maven or the Fear map :)

Thank you all and have a nice day.
"
xRaymondxLe wrote:
Hi all,

1) about static strike , should we level up it to max or still use with lvl 1 as recommendation
2) look at my build how could I improve my damage same as the guideline , cause I find the way to build same as him but my damage still weak :( (meant sometime weak with unique map bosses )

1) not sure about static strike, since I use cyclone. The level should be directly dependent on the trigger rate of your relics: get the skill at the right level so relics proc as soon as they are out of cooldown.
2) What's your SHR gem level? Levels are EXTREMELY important for this build. Personally I have it at 29 and I don't have any problem with map bosses.
3) I think that if you're very good (I'm not...), it can do Maven. I don't think it can do The Feared: the damage itself is more than enough for maps, but not high enough to kill all those bosses before they kill you.
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
xRaymondxLe wrote:
Hi all,

1) not sure about static strike, since I use cyclone. The level should be directly dependent on the trigger rate of your relics: get the skill at the right level so relics proc as soon as they are out of cooldown.
2) What's your SHR gem level? Levels are EXTREMELY important for this build. Personally I have it at 29 and I don't have any problem with map bosses.
3) I think that if you're very good (I'm not...), it can do Maven. I don't think it can do The Feared: the damage itself is more than enough for maps, but not high enough to kill all those bosses before they kill you.

My SHR level is 28 cause my empower lvl 3 corrupted. Any good for cyclone may I change :( cause I just bought the ancentral call awk :(

Lets me try to lvl my all awk gem to see any different
I just noticed that the build is using Zealotry increasing (You and nearby allies have (20-39)% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance) and Controlled Destruction Support decreasing (Supported Skills have 80% less Critical Strike Chance) the critical strike chance of Holy Nova. Isn't this counter productive?

I understand that the other bonuses (more damage/spell damage, etc.) probably makes it still worthwhile (or even being the best option) but keep wondering if there is maybe another support gem or aura synergising better with each other?
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Oct 10, 2021, 3:51:53 PM
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
I just noticed that the build is using Zealotry increasing (You and nearby allies have (20-39)% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance) and Controlled Destruction Support decreasing (Supported Skills have 80% less Critical Strike Chance) the critical strike chance of Holy Nova. Isn't this counter productive?

I understand that the other bonuses (more damage/spell damage, etc.) probably makes it still worthwhile (or even being the best option) but keep wondering if there is maybe another support gem or aura synergising better with each other?

With the way support gems are currently, this gets us the most damage on a budget.

The nova skill from the holy relics has a base crit chance of 5%, and a base crit multiplier of x1.3. Our only crit investment is from Zealotry, which gives us 56% increased crit chance, bringing the crit chance up to 7.8%. This is still miniscule, and therefore we have no issue with using Controlled Destruction Support for more damage.

The time when we don't want Controlled Destruction is if we're running Raise Spectre in our Body Armour, and we're raising the Host Chieftain and Carnage Chieftain spectres. That way we get Frenzy charges and Power charges on our holy relics, which boosts the crit chance all the way up to 37.8%. We can then use Increased Critical Damage support for huge crit multi. This is from just support gems; there are further ways to maximise relic crits...
Many thanks for this build. I play it now since 3.14 and 3.15.

I love my holy relic guardian.

do you think that it will also work in 3.16?
Last edited by Cerri on Oct 11, 2021, 11:17:11 AM
"
Moosseolini wrote:
This is from just support gems; there are further ways to maximise relic crits...

... such as? I never considered going crit with relics, especially since the Controlled Destruction nerf, but it could be an interesting option... any suggestions?
Right now I'm at 5.5M sDPS (with Kaom's Heart, so no spectre support), who knows if it's possible to scale it further while maintaining decent survivability?
"
Teschioz wrote:
"
Moosseolini wrote:
This is from just support gems; there are further ways to maximise relic crits...

... such as? I never considered going crit with relics, especially since the Controlled Destruction nerf, but it could be an interesting option... any suggestions?
Right now I'm at 5.5M sDPS (with Kaom's Heart, so no spectre support), who knows if it's possible to scale it further while maintaining decent survivability?

We of course need power charges for crit holy relics, and the most sensible way of getting those seems to be from Host Chieftain spectres. In which case we would drop Kaom's Heart and craft some sort of rare chest. We may as well get Carnage Chieftains for frenzy charges on relics as well.

Our support gems for holy relics will be different; we want to get rid of Controlled Destruction and put in Increased Critical Damage Support.

Our curse will be replaced by Assassin's Mark.

We want to stack Vicious Bite and Precise Commander on Large and Medium cluster jewels respectively. This will give us even more minion crit and minion crit multi.

Finally, though this is probably too clunky to work properly, we can use the Mother's Embrace unique belt to re-summon relics while we also have a Bottled Faith equipped.

Increased Critical Strikes Support is unfortunately outclassed by other support gems.

Stacking all of this together, we should have relics that crit somewhere above 60% of the time, along with about 4x crit multi.

Edit:
Looking into this further, we have access to the 'Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 10 Power Charge on Critical Strike' on an Elder Warstaff. This means that the relics could gain power charges without having to resort to spectres, which is good news, as then we can keep Kaom's Heart. I might need to look into this crit playstyle further as it looks promising.

Edit again:
This PoB is the best I could do: 'https://pastebin.com/Z53wQt5J'. The staff does require a small fortune to fossil craft, and the cluster jewels are hardly cheap. Damage can be increased further still, but we'll have to get an even better staff (though it would be cheaper to fossil craft without elder influence) and get rid of Kaom's Heart so that we can run Raise Spectre inside a chest. We'd probably also run Enhance inside the staff then.

I also tried out getting some additional physical damage reduction via extra endurance charges, I might end up putting something similar into the main build, we'll see after the patch notes.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Oct 11, 2021, 3:10:19 PM
"
Cerri wrote:
Many thanks for this build. I play it now since 3.14 and 3.15.

I love my holy relic guardian.

do you think that it will also work in 3.16?

I'll keep it updated for 3.16

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info