[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

Just did t8 sirus with about 20ex budget at lv90 (ie:no watcher's eye, only one dps jewel, mediocre gloves, ring and boots and no bottled faith.) It was pretty easy, i think my coc assassin does more damage overall but tankiness just doesnt compare. I think i got hit by him 2-3 times and it took me to halfish health with 8.4k ES, my assassin would've absolutely died there. It still gets one shot here and there with rippy mods on t16 but that's mainly user error. OVerall really solid and fun build, though the key upgrades are rather expensive so i don't know if i can reach that potential.

Edit:Typo.
Last edited by yanabeca on Jan 24, 2020, 4:07:05 PM
I'm shopping for a Watcher Eye w/ both Zealotry and Clarity...

I can’t have both zealotry and clarity active at the same time even with a level 4 enlighten and a 20 blood bath...
is that normal ???

I'm left with like 15 life with Blood bath and Zealotry 20/20!

What is the trick ?

@maddognils
Last edited by Rahrair on Jan 25, 2020, 12:29:57 AM
Just a little update, played the build up to lv 92, killed prety much everything in A8 and I just wanna say... this build is out of this world. Insane DPS, Insane Defense, Build of the League indeed.

Also woudl like the clarity blood Magic question explained please, as I’m in the process of getting clarity watcher s eye too.

Appreciated.
Just switched to this build and got one question.
Is your stone golem also dying very often?

"
Rahrair wrote:

I can’t have both zealotry and clarity active at the same time even with a level 4 enlighten and a 20 blood bath...
is that normal ???

What is the trick ?

@maddognils

Im not sure about fitting both zealotry and clarity with blood magic as I haven’t gotten my clarity WE yet, but one simple way of solving it is to just 3 link ur slot and have clarity solo using mana. Shoudl be fine like that.

From my math I don’t see how to get clarity with blood magic and zealotry, with enlighten 3 , blood magic 20 and zealotry 21 im left with 10 hp which won’t be enough I believe. The solution above should be fine tho.

Edit: just got a zealotry clarity WE and used the above setup to solve the problem. Works just fine.
Last edited by Vampz on Jan 25, 2020, 12:22:32 PM
"
Vampz wrote:
"
Rahrair wrote:

is that normal ???

What is the trick ?

@maddognils

Im not sure about fitting both zealotry and clarity with blood magic as I haven’t gotten my clarity WE yet, but one simple way of solving it is to just 3 link ur slot and have clarity solo using mana. Shoudl be fine like that.

From my math I don’t see how to get clarity with blood magic and zealotry, with enlighten 3 , blood magic 20 and zealotry 21 im left with 10 hp which won’t be enough I believe. The solution above should be fine tho.

Edit: just got a zealotry clarity WE and used the above setup to solve the problem. Works just fine.

thats perfect thank you - havn't thought on this one - just selling my enlighten 4 right now :D
For those who are using Cyclopean Coil, its better to use a Thread of Hope instead of a Healthy mind, this way we can get same ES/Mana and a free 6% cold penetration / 0.2 cold dmg leech.

Also a POH with a nice corruption is the way to go ^^

Last edited by ptoop84 on Jan 26, 2020, 4:50:34 PM
Spoiler

Picked this build up 3 days ago. Already had some gear that fit and got really lucky running my first ever Cortex map.

The build feels decently tanky without the clarity Eye (I use ES on hit) and has great damage and excellent clear with only 2 gear swaps.

Where can I go from here to improve? Tailwind boots?
I have issues with the Golem dying (solved by using CwDT) and I seem to lack Strength and Dex. I solved that by picking up 2x30 Str nodes and crafting some Dex. I can't really think of a better way to spend those passive points ATM.

Be sure to use Thread of Hope with a Large ring. Very Large doesn't allow you to spec the correct passives that ptoop84 recommended.

@ptoop84: why not take the ES leech node to the left?
Last edited by BeefGuitarStar on Jan 26, 2020, 5:54:28 PM
"
Spoiler

Picked this build up 3 days ago. Already had some gear that fit and got really lucky running my first ever Cortex map.

The build feels decently tanky without the clarity Eye (I use ES on hit) and has great damage and excellent clear with only 2 gear swaps.

Where can I go from here to improve? Tailwind boots?
I have issues with the Golem dying (solved by using CwDT) and I seem to lack Strength and Dex. I solved that by picking up 2x30 Str nodes and crafting some Dex. I can't really think of a better way to spend those passive points ATM.

Be sure to use Thread of Hope with a Large ring. Very Large doesn't allow you to spec the correct passives that ptoop84 recommended.

@ptoop84: why not take the ES leech node to the left?

Tailwind boots are a nice clear speed / dps boost.
You need a Rare ring with 40/40 DEX/STR stats, or other items with those stats.
Upgrade your Cyclopean Coil with
so you get more Attribute Bonus

Also Dream Fragments with Attribute Corruption is nice

About that leech node, didnt take it since i dont feel like i need more leech.
"
iNevermore wrote:
Hello,
Anyone have any experience buying a 40% Ice Nova Memory Vault?

Seems even the base enchant is really expensive, and items with it like Devoto's or Starkonja's are asking 12-15ex. How much do you expect we would pay for one?

I paid 35ex for my memory with Ice Nova enchant. goodluck finding one..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info