[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

"
Martower wrote:
"
bubba42124 wrote:
Since I was already at 10k ES and 42k Armour without the clarity watcheyes I decided to go a diffrent direction. Good damage roll. I confirmed with the boot enchant i can support the mana fine. The sustain is bananas and since i can run a low level precision on mana and dont need the clarity gem it also gives flask sustain.

Edit: One quick update after another test. I dont think I am ever gonna die again. Can facetank shaper beams off the ES on hit and I can stand in darkness and let mobs hit me and my ES doesnt start going down until 200+ darkness stacks ant depth 238.

I just bought it and for delve it seems to be amazing, but for single target boss survivability, I feel much squishier :/

You can look up my guy, do you think there's something I'm doing wrong? I got a nice amount of cast speed and yet it doesn't feel like it's leeching fast enough.

"
KBeutler wrote:
I may be missing some finer detail, but what benefit does intensify do for Vaal Ice Nova? The description of intensify says it doesn't work on vaal skills and I see no DPS change on the tooltip with 4 stacks.

It doesn't work for Vaal Ice nova, it works for Ice nova, which is contained within Vaal Ice Nova :)

I tested with a normal ice nova and it also didn't show up on the tooltip oddly enough, I think the +DMG only appears while intensified.

Your account appears to be private. I dont see your character list.

Edit: So as a second test I just killed an eradicator on awakener 8 with a level 1 ice nova gem just to let the fight take a bit longer and face tanking every attack and his beams my life did not move the entire fit except when he was invuln. If you make your character public happy to look at it. Probably the biggest i can think of is are you at 10kES or close without the clarity jewel or does that take you down to like 7-8k.
Last edited by bubba42124 on Jan 19, 2020, 3:09:09 PM
also have the watchers eye

I look on path of building and it says that i gain more damage from having controlled destruction rather than the cold pen?

also my balls seem to travel too fast is it worth dropping arcane surge and nodes and going slower projectiles?
IGN - @SlutOhMyy (Ambush)
"
Singkiang wrote:

I look on path of building and it says that i gain more damage from having controlled destruction rather than the cold pen?

also my balls seem to travel too fast is it worth dropping arcane surge and nodes and going slower projectiles?

For cold pen make sure that you are checking against shaper or with a correct amount of cold res.

Also while faster projectiles is amazing for mapping slower proj for single target is mandatory. Your damage ramps more on later echos. You will not be hitting those without slower proj. It is probably something like 30%% less DPS atleast without slower proj between not getting your later echos and having to cast frost bolt all the time.

If you are using the suggested 6 link the one to drop is faster casting. I really like the approach of going frostbite on hit ring and 5 link frostbolt however. I go Frost bolt > Arcane surge > Faster casting > GMP > Faster/slower proj.

My gem setup is complete, now I just need to continue leveling the awakened gems.
Hello, I'm looking for a build that can do t8 sirus without much problems at around 5fps and spikey latency. I have around 10-15 ex budget atm, is this enough for it? Thanks for the build.
"
yanabeca wrote:
Hello, I'm looking for a build that can do t8 sirus without much problems at around 5fps and spikey latency. I have around 10-15 ex budget atm, is this enough for it? Thanks for the build.

Its doable but it won't be that easy.
are these boots good for this build?

Rarity: Rare
Pandemonium Hoof
Sorcerer Boots
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Energy Shield: 82 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 111
Int: 155
--------
Sockets: B-B-B-R
--------
Item Level: 88
--------
+45 to Intelligence
47% increased Energy Shield
10% chance to gain Elusive on Critical Strike
You have Tailwind if you have dealt a Critical Strike Recently
20% increased Movement Speed (crafted)
12% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill (crafted)
--------
Redeemer Item
Hunter Item
Howdy!

How on earth does everyone get so high armour? when i have all my mana reserved i end up at about 13 k armour and i see people saying they have 30k+ and i honestly cant see the huge difference. My char is still a tad low lvl, missing unnatural instinct, but other than that i dont really see it.

Perhaps if i really drop down currency and sell some on my summoner gear i can get a bit higher, but i honestly dont even see myself reaching 20 k armour. Am i missing something huge?
"
Storkmats wrote:
Howdy!

How on earth does everyone get so high armour? when i have all my mana reserved i end up at about 13 k armour and i see people saying they have 30k+ and i honestly cant see the huge difference. My char is still a tad low lvl, missing unnatural instinct, but other than that i dont really see it.

Perhaps if i really drop down currency and sell some on my summoner gear i can get a bit higher, but i honestly dont even see myself reaching 20 k armour. Am i missing something huge?

Granite flask of iron skin put it on and see what happens. If you prefer mana flask you can do that aswell, just use "of Iron Skin"
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Hey, starting this build today as my eighth build of the season. This season is just to much fun and i cant resist this one :D

One question, how do u get stun immunity? if none, how does this build deal/minimazes it?

Thanks for the great build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info