[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

Does tailwind add a lot of smoothness to the build? I feel like I'm stopping way more than I'm going compared to the gameplay videos here and as far as I'm aware I only lack cast speed from jewels.

Another thing I'm curious about, I never play es chars so excuse my ignorance, where does our es leech come from? Just that small node under ghost reaver?
"
S03 wrote:
Does tailwind add a lot of smoothness to the build? I feel like I'm stopping way more than I'm going compared to the gameplay videos here and as far as I'm aware I only lack cast speed from jewels.

Another thing I'm curious about, I never play es chars so excuse my ignorance, where does our es leech come from? Just that small node under ghost reaver?

Considering our damage is high and multiple layers of nova's, we leech a good amount.
If you feel you need more leech, which I'm certain you don't, but you can sacrifice damage to take the Heart of Ice annoint instead of Crusader, but again, i don't think you need it.. Move around and every few seconds you get a massive ammount of ES regen from our Ascendancy!
I'm playing hc so you can never get enough leech! I'm using some cheap annoint for cast speed since I can't afford crusader and also I just realized that I haven't done uber yet...
what're we meant to use if we can't get cannot be ignited dream fragment ring? as it seems pretty rare to find it, I've only seen one on the market.

thanks
After sinking something to the tune of 100ex(not including HH) into this build i decided i've achived everthing i wanted with it and will be moving on. This is a summery of my time with this build of sort.

This build is good, very good, if u sink enough currency into u practically become unkillable (10.5k ES, 24k armor with max res) with a very high DPS (just abit above 2mil for ice nova alone using increased aoe if POB is to be belived).
i've compleated every endgame boss deathless - uber elder/sirus 8.
now abit abit about the negatives-
clear speed is a meh, its not horrible but it aint amazing, its about a "B" at the best of times and a "C-" on some maps.
This build just kills FPS, really, on certains maps its abit of a pain.
this is a HUGE currency sink, while the OP isnt wrong and u can get it going at ~15ex (i started out this build with 21ex) the build wont feel good untill u get atleast 10k es (around 9k if u dont suck like me) and that will be very expensive.
Bottled Faith, Tailwind boots and Culling strike+unnerve gloves are all amazing for dps and kinda a must if u wanna do endgame content without falling behind.
The watcher's eye is probably the single best ES boosting item in this build and i really do recomend getting it asap (it is very expesnive doe, was around 36ex when i bought it afew weeks back)

Anyhow, this build is great, one of the best ones i played in awhile, had a blast with it!
EDIT: on a side note, i've never stopped using a mana flask with "Full mana dosent stop flask effect" just coz i felt that without the casts are much slower thus dropping my dps.
(My PoB if some1 wants it for refference: https://pastebin.com/3d8eFpQf)
Last edited by SoulRus on Jan 17, 2020, 3:58:56 PM

Any suggestions?
Hi guys. Really enjoying the build and was able to do Awakened 8 Sirius deathless with ease, however, I feel as Im lacking some heavy DPS (compared to video). Can you kindly suggest if anything obvious seems out of place?:

no fucking way im this dumb...

ive been using icenova in my chest and frostbolt in my staff AND THEN WONDERING WHY IT FELT SO CLUNKY
"
Semuy wrote:
Hi guys. Really enjoying the build and was able to do Awakened 8 Sirius deathless with ease, however, I feel as Im lacking some heavy DPS (compared to video). Can you kindly suggest if anything obvious seems out of place?:

The vid is using concentrated support instead of increased aoe which is around a 30% dps boost.
Bottled faith flask also adds aton of dps if ur not using that.
Thank you SoulRus, will try with concentrated support. Im using bottled faith, missing the watchers eye with zealotry and clarity though (only have around 20 ex atm).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info