3.9|Stress-Free PoE- ENDURING FIRE (RF) |SSF the Atlas w/ 1Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
JCOH35 wrote:
Im up to level 91 atm playing the build, no changes for me gear or strategy wise. Ive had 1 death in like 3 days, its still very tanky.

The only drawback tbh is damage, even insanely min/maxed the damage on bosses on t15/16 and supercharged metamorphs is slow however its safe. I even use a +26% quality perfectly rolled

I have considered squeezing in Scorching Ray somewhere but I have no experience using it as this is the first time I have ever played an RF build, I was always too scared to try one in the past.

I really like the build overall though, its nice for old guys in rl like myself who dont have those twitch reflexs and finger muscle memory.
Thanks JCOH35!

I'm glad you're liking it. I did focus on Defence more than offence so that survivability with any gear could be achieved. The increase to boss defence in the new endgame is something new to everyone so I'll be going over my guides (as soon as standard is fixed on console) and seeing what they are all like with endgame encounters. It may be that the new bosses are just supposed to take some time, but I may very well be how my builds are as well. I'll find out for 3.10.

Regarding Scorching Ray, just remember that Exposure doesn't stack. So if you are applying multiple exposures of the same element on an enemy, only the one applying the most exposure will be applied. So if you went with Scorching Ray, I'd link it to Cast While Channelling and then your Cyclone link so you can still get the lightning damage via melee and Fortify.

Thanks for the honest post.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so helpful and kind to one another. I really appreciate you making this a safe place for people to learn and ask questions.

I hope everyone that celebrated Christmas had a great holiday. New Year's Eve is tonight for me (some of you may have already had it) and I hope that whether it's happened or not for you that you have a safe night.

Holidays of any kind can be really difficult for many people for any number of reasons. If you're one of them, take courage. All seasons of suffering pass. In the meantime, try to focus on the little things in life that make you smile. You are loved and watched over, even if it doesn't seem like it. One day, the pain will be a memory and you'll be able to help others that have suffered in a similar way...helping them see light at the end of their tunnel.

God Bless Everyone. I hope you're all well in heart.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 31, 2019, 6:04:56 PM
Wrecker_of_Days, do you have any advice on min maxing a sceptre, I picked up a highly rolled Doryani's Catalyst at the start of the build but I see alot of people using tricked out shaper influenced sceptres.
"

I appreciate your honesty. I see you've already had a helpful response. If you don't mind, I'll take a look at your setup. If you make your characters public on the PoE website (only do so if you want to) I'll load your RF character into Path of Building and check it out.

RF is a LATE game gem because of its demand on life regen. I can't think of any other gem in the game that is as dependant on gear than RF. So, levelling RF is never that exciting.

As mentioned, you've had some great help so don't feel like you need to make your characters public. But if you do, let me know.

Thanks for the post![/span]

OP,

Thanks for the response! As you mentioned, this is definitely a build that comes in to its own late-game. I'm already starting to see some real traction on the damage and survival front. My profile is now public. Please let me know what you would suggest I change/improve on. Thanks!
I'm a lvl 92 chieftain here in standard league. I realised I can't do bossing for red maps (t11 to t16) at all due to low/insufficient damage. Most of the time I am cycloning through the normal mobs (I know the guide says we should cap the cyclone gem at lvl 9).

Any ideas/suggestions on what I can improve on? I currently have 7.1k hp, 53% damage reduction and 85% fire resist (without any spells/skills on). Below is my gear thanks.

Last edited by BigTummy on Jan 1, 2020, 1:03:59 AM
"
BigTummy wrote:
I'm a lvl 92 chieftain here in standard league. I realised I can't do bossing for red maps (t11 to t16) at all due to low/insufficient damage. Most of the time I am cycloning through the normal mobs (I know the guide says we should cap the cyclone gem at lvl 9).

Any ideas/suggestions on what I can improve on? I currently have 7.1k hp, 53% damage reduction and 85% fire resist (without any spells/skills on). Below is my gear thanks.

~~~~~~~~

You are missing quite alot of damage is all, but its all fixable, first off your main skill is only functioning in a 4 link when ideally it should be 5 to 6 depending on your preference, you can get a 5 or even 6 link in the helmet simply by using an elder influenced helmet such as

Its an easy oversight but you are missing a crucial part of the build's core.
You need to replace your Vitality aura with Malevolence, you can easily maintain RF without the regen aura. Next you need to setup the CWDT links as the Op lays out b/c those proc the core keystones of the build. An example is ball lighting CWDT link procs and maintains your EE buff and provides your curse of choice, not having that is really slowing you down. You need to give the leap slam link up, trust me, it took me awhile to get over giving up leap slam too.

Next you want a good annointment on your amulet, the breath of flames node is amazing

Another big improvement you can make is adding/utilizing veiled crafting bench modifiers. For example I have max rolled veiled mods on my helmet, amulet, and gloves that massively boost my damage

Another thing you can do, which can be done cheaply, is target specific jewels, you can get fire damage over time multiplier, DoT while holding a shield, fire damage, burning damage etc combined with a life mod for a few chaos and simply divine them into really nice jewels like

Id also advise to keep an eye out for a nice watcher's eye, I currently am immune to bleeding and poison from my eye and minor pantheon and get great extra physical damage reduction

Lastly id try using a

when you stack that with the veiled roll on the gloves its pretty crazy

I have been doing all t15/16/guardian content at lv 91, some fights can still be a bit slow but they are very doable, and done so safely.

(use extra skill points for jewel nodes, we can reach them with only 2 points in two different spots, and use 2 points to get amplify)
Last edited by JCOH35 on Jan 1, 2020, 4:37:51 AM
I may have been messing up too, I didnt notice the note to leave Cyclone at lv. 9.

Does anyone know why we leave that at 9 and what the difference is of using say a Lv. 21 Cyclone gem if your natural accuracy is around 93%, thanks.
"
"
Helanra wrote:
I am not sure which Anoint on my Amulet is good vor this build. What do you recommend?
Good question Helanra!

My builds are always defence first. So, I'd go offence (though RF does get stronger with more life as well). So here's a small list of ones that I'd consider. Keep in mind, it's totally preference. So you can't go wrong with any choice.

- Constitution
- Amplify
- Breath of Flames
- Divine Judgement
- Explosive Impact

Let us know what you pick!

Thx for your Answer!
I choose Divine Judgement first, because it is cheap. But i like Breath of Flames! And my Problem atm is Bossdamage, so i think Damage Penetrates Elemental resistance is a good choice.

I like your Build! It is soooooooo funny. Thanks a lot!
Does RF benefit from the mod "Gain 5% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage"?

Have you killed any of the end game bosses with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info