3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

Hey Torstein and fellow Glacial Hammers,

I've been using this build as a league starter and really loving the play style (hop & hammer). However, I'm currently level 73, groups of mobs just explode but I'm really lacking the single target DPS.

This is especially noticed on yellow mobs, bosses and the ghost mobs of Azoatl temple.

Can you maybe share a few tips? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

"
7ailen wrote:

I've been using this build as a league starter and really loving the play style (hop & hammer). However, I'm currently level 73, groups of mobs just explode but I'm really lacking the single target DPS.

This is especially noticed on yellow mobs, bosses and the ghost mobs of Azoatl temple.

You need to upgrade your staff. It was good for leveling but you are in maps now and it's too low on dps.
Hey Tornstein and the big daddy ice hammer hopping crew,

By asking this question I feel like I'm already answering it but I'd like to ask it anyways since I'm not that amazing at PoE :p.

I found a Cluster which is all about Physical damage:
Small passives grant 12% physical damage,
Master of fundamentals (10 ele res, 35% reduced elemental dmg, 35% increased physical damage)
Furious assault (8% attack/cast speed, 25% increased physical damage)
Battle-Hardened (30% increased Evasion and Armour, 35% increased Physical)

As said I feel like by asking this I'm already answering it in a sense, but the Physical damage buffs don't somehow positively affect our damage with Glacial hammer do they?

Thanks in advance for possibly answering the question of somewhat of a PoE-moron :D.
"
"
7ailen wrote:

You need to upgrade your staff. It was good for leveling but you are in maps now and it's too low on dps.

Thanks! I missed a prefix with "increased physical damage" on my staff. I just bought the unique staff and 5-linked it. It makes a huge difference to my damage (+50%!). I do still have some mobs that don't seem to die. Maybe they block/dodge my hits for a while. Can't really seem to pinpoint the cause.

I'm using level 22 precision (instead of War Banner) so I have 100% accuracy, so that isn't the problem.

I will be investigating this further :)
You're missing a huge DPS boost by not running war banner. At bosses you drop the 50 stack banner and really ramp up the damage. Also, you'll want to swap in Ruthless for Ancestral Call at boss fights. To be honest, I've found that multistrike somewhat makes up for dropping AC even when mapping if you'd rather not gem swap.
"
Dajoowie wrote:

By asking this question I feel like I'm already answering it but I'd like to ask it anyways since I'm not that amazing at PoE :p.

Master of fundamentals (10 ele res, 35% reduced elemental dmg, 35% increased physical damage)

As said I feel like by asking this I'm already answering it in a sense, but the Physical damage buffs don't somehow positively affect our damage with Glacial hammer do they?

Thanks in advance for possibly answering the question of somewhat of a PoE-moron :D.

Increased phys will benefit the build especially if you're at 100% phys to cold conversion. However, MoF counteracts the conversion of phys to cold so I would stay away form that. The thing to do you would be to simulate it in PoB and then look at what passive's you'd refund to fit this in. Compare DPS and see if it's worth!
Anyone playing dualweild brightbeak?
if we have 100% conversion, skills like flesh and stone with its "enemies maimed by this skill take 15% increased physical damage" does anything for our cold damagge?
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
if we have 100% conversion, skills like flesh and stone with its "enemies maimed by this skill take 15% increased physical damage" does anything for our cold damagge?

correct
"
Titan253 wrote:
"
Dajoowie wrote:

Increased phys will benefit the build especially if you're at 100% phys to cold conversion. However, MoF counteracts the conversion of phys to cold so I would stay away form that. The thing to do you would be to simulate it in PoB and then look at what passive's you'd refund to fit this in. Compare DPS and see if it's worth!

^^^ what he said :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info