3.10 🔨 Torstein's Icebreaker - Glacial Hammer - Sleeper end-game crusher - Cluster updated

"
unhappymeal wrote:
Has GGG acknowledged that the no freezing metamorphs thing is a bug? It's making this league mechanic super annoying. It makes you wonder how they missed no freezing, but you can still hinder, shock, burn and stun metamorphs...

It’s on their priority list. It’s just not fixed yet because GGG wasn’t at work over the holidays, but we should be seeing a patch with the fix coming in the next days.
Last edited by Xrex0 on Jan 6, 2020, 6:18:33 AM
"
Xrex0 wrote:
"
unhappymeal wrote:
Has GGG acknowledged that the no freezing metamorphs thing is a bug? It's making this league mechanic super annoying. It makes you wonder how they missed no freezing, but you can still hinder, shock, burn and stun metamorphs...

It’s on their priority list. It’s just not fixed yet because GGG wasn’t at working over the holidays, but we should be seeing a patch with the fix coming in the next days.

Gotcha, thanks.
Just want to share my progress and thought on the build.

I‘m doing pretty good so far and just hit 95 yesterday. Killed Elder, Shaper and Sirus, while Elder and Shaper were pretty easy Shaper just didn’t feel very good because of the life buff he got. Mapping is running smoothly and I very rarely die to anything else than metamorphs (which obviously should get better after the freeze fix) and I want to see how far I can level this build.
I only made 2 little adjustments to the gems and items. I swapped Herald of Ice to Herald of Purity, which is a pretty decent dps boost in PoB.

I’m also using this ring which boosts the dps even further. It’s obviously possible to swap the ring to the Herald of Ice version Circle of Fear if you’d like to stay with Herald of Ice.

In terms of goals I’m currently trying to further improve my single target dps by getting better jewels and/or getting some awakened gems (not sure which of the gems I should get first). I’m sitting at ~35 ex so I also thought about getting a watchers eye.

Really enjoying your build so far and I should be able to get 36 challenges tomorrow.
Not sure how to scale my damage even close to yours. Even removing skill points from your tree to match mine and my damage doesn't even come close.
https://pastebin.com/x4VCaadR This is where im currently sitting
Last edited by UnStealthyNinja on Jan 5, 2020, 10:28:19 PM
"
Not sure how to scale my damage even close to yours. Even removing skill points from your tree to match mine and my damage doesn't even come close.
https://pastebin.com/x4VCaadR This is where im currently sitting

Summary: The really high dmg numbers only come with all endgame gear, jewels and gem levels.

Detailed: If you look at the PoBs from Torstein you notice he has added some damage corrections in the kaoms chest (for multistrike + ascendency + tempered flesh).

Also you are still missing damage nodes, better jewels and slots, your flasks are off which I think his PoB has activated as well.

Here a PoB with some adjustments (configuration, added values to Kaoms):
https://pastebin.com/PgVTMLzj
"
Xrex0 wrote:
Just want to share my progress and thought on the build.

I‘m doing pretty good so far and just hit 95 yesterday. Killed Elder, Shaper and Sirus, while Elder and Shaper were pretty easy Shaper just didn’t feel very good because of the life buff he got. Mapping is running smoothly and I very rarely die to anything else than metamorphs (which obviously should get better after the freeze fix) and I want to see how far I can level this build.
I only made 2 little adjustments to the gems and items. I swapped Herald of Ice to Herald of Purity, which is a pretty decent dps boost in PoB.

I’m also using this ring which boosts the dps even further. It’s obviously possible to swap the ring to the Herald of Ice version Circle of Fear if you’d like to stay with Herald of Ice.

In terms of goals I’m currently trying to further improve my single target dps by getting better jewels and/or getting some awakened gems (not sure which of the gems I should get first). I’m sitting at ~35 ex so I also thought about getting a watchers eye.

Really enjoying your build so far and I should be able to get 36 challenges tomorrow.

Awakened melee phys is the best probably because it can intimidate on hit.

Dropping Herald of Ice would impact the clear speed, but it's doable...
Circle of Fear is so so. Not worth i think because of lack of resistances and accuracy. Personally i would rather get some chaos res than more dps.

Yeah, doing Shaper with 60+ million life feels bad when you are out of flasks but that's pretty much the thing with every crit based build, unless you have some absurd dps to trivialize it. But that's whole another galaxy of gear investment.

So get awakened gem and better jewels. I'm glad you are having fun! :)

PS
don't forget boot enchant, it's 10% damage multiplier vs bosses
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 8:28:00 AM
"

Awakened melee phys is the best probably because it can intimidate on hit.

Dropping Herald of Ice would impact the clear speed, but it's doable...
Circle of Fear is so so. Not worth i think because of lack of resistances and accuracy. Personally i would rather get some chaos res than more dps.

Yeah, doing Shaper with 60+ million life feels bad when you are out of flasks but that's pretty much the thing with every crit based build, unless you have some absurd dps to trivialize it. But that's whole another galaxy of gear investment.

So get awakened gem and better jewels. I'm glad you are having fun! :)

PS
don't forget boot enchant, it's 10% damage multiplier vs bosses

Circle of Fear gives gives 30% cold resistance which isn't bad (and better than the HoP Version which only gives armour) and I'm sitting at 98% accuracy so I personly will stay with that, but I will so swap to Herald of Ice and Circle of Fear for the cold res and buy new boots and gloves so I won't need resistance on my jewel which is a waste of a potential crit multi slot.

Oh and what about overcapping resistance, I'm currently at about 80/90/80 so not enough to counter ele weakness. Do you think its worth overcapping a little bit like I currently do, or should you just overcap if you can counter ele weakness completely (so about 110 I think)?

I was just a little lazy with the boots enchant, gonna try to get one today :)
"
Xrex0 wrote:

Circle of Fear gives gives 30% cold resistance which isn't bad (and better than the HoP Version which only gives armour) and I'm sitting at 98% accuracy so I personly will stay with that, but I will so swap to Herald of Ice and Circle of Fear for the cold res and buy new boots and gloves so I won't need resistance on my jewel which is a waste of a potential crit multi slot.

Oh and what about overcapping resistance, I'm currently at about 80/90/80 so not enough to counter ele weakness. Do you think its worth overcapping a little bit like I currently do, or should you just overcap if you can counter ele weakness completely (so about 110 I think)?

I was just a little lazy with the boots enchant, gonna try to get one today :)

Overcapping res is waste. You have warding flask for that. Also see again the flask section if you are using Basalt flask.

I will make one more major update today. Hold tight from buying gear.
Build will have ~50% chaos res and more dps at the cost of around 700 eHP. Changes will also require Enlighted lvl 3. It will be more flexible to gear.

I'm still testing mapping without Herald of Ice.
Can you give me your honest opinion is clear worse. I can't really tell :/
Circle of Fear would be lot better if it clear speed wont suffer.

Btw i'm really satisfied with the build. Currently stomping everything even on t16 even though my gearing is not finished.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 11:32:26 AM
"

Overcapping res is waste. You have warding flask for that. Also see again the flask section if you are using Basalt flask.

I will make one more major update today. Hold tight from buying gear.
Build will have ~50% chaos res and more dps at the cost of around 700 eHP. Changes will also require Enlighted lvl 3. It will be more flexible to gear.

I'm still testing mapping without Herald of Ice.
Can you give me your honest opinion is clear worse. I can't really tell :/
Circle of Fear would be lot better if it clear speed wont suffer.

Btw i'm really satisfied with the build. Currently stomping everything even on t16 even though my gearing is not finished.

I was really skeptical about removing Herald of Ice, but I still oneshot mob packs without it. Sometimes a mob might surive that would have died with Herald of Ice, but I feel like the (very little) time you lose during mapping you save against the map boss and the metamorph when using Herald of Purity.
BUILD UPDATED TO 2.0 VERSION, SEE CHANGE LOG ON THE MAIN PAGE

PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE BUILD (if someone is interested)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/S1z7Jwy8

Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jan 6, 2020, 4:57:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info