Boss Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Woodcutta wrote:
"
mucker wrote:
Sounds good, hope you stick to you guns on this and don't scale them back when there is whining.

It has been lame how completely unchallenging and undangerous you let so many of the story mode boss fights become. Even on league starts I don't think I've used a single life flask once on Dominus since Fall of Oriath came out.

I really wish you would restore the Piety fight to what it was back in the day. It has been so weak since you redid the arena.

You mean when Piety could one shot you off screen?
How about when you actually wanted to line of site the ice arrows instead of just tanking them? The campaign is just boring now with how easy it is.
FrankerZ
"
Chameleon wrote:
A harder game is not what I want.

I want an easier game. Or at least an easy mode option.

These changes may be the final straw for me.:-(

if the game gets any easier then it is currently they only challenge left will be to try playing while blindfolded and being forced to use your offhand for your mouse. currently theres almost no threat left except for oneshots to balance for insta logout.
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:

if the game gets any easier then it is currently they only challenge left will be to try playing while blindfolded and being forced to use your offhand for your mouse. currently theres almost no threat left except for oneshots to balance for insta logout.

Maybe for you.

I've been playing since closed beta and never got past low yellow tier maps. I just dont have the reflexes or mechanical dexterity required. And now they are making it even more bullet hell like.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Looks like every boss has just been turned into the Minotaur fight. Same-same but now with extra falling stuff from the sky.

I thought in the lead-up to 3.8 that it was said that future boss reworks were balanced around them getting a bit slower, but with much harder and broader AOE hits that were telegraphed by a wind-up animation. Something that would make the boss fight feel more impactful.

These previews just make it look like an extra layer of cheap unavoidable DPS getting sprayed on the character while the bosses do the same as before, but with extra and faster attacks.
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:

Maybe for you.

I've been playing since closed beta and never got past low yellow tier maps. I just dont have the reflexes or mechanical dexterity required. And now they are making it even more bullet hell like.

then you are playing builds outside of your abilities. try ice golemancer. you basically walk around and pick up loot up to t16. the golems will clear the screen as you go. dodge a few attacks and shaper is easy. red elder same thing. run around him in a circle, maybe tap a few flasks. maybe dodge a couple boss attacks. the face roll starts in act 4 when you get your golems. necro spectres have been t16 faceroll for i dunno the last 4?5? leagues, maybe longer. theres a slow-mo zombies build i tested out of curiosity on the forums[great build, super simple, cheap and very effective]. easy red maps on maybe 100c spent. very little dexterity required. these are builds you can literally walk around and just pick up loot playing them.
really looks good. i could actually see the bosses.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
This is one of the worst changes for game that could ever be. Just why?
New players, who do not know anything about builds, will suffer more (they died anyway, even with old difficulty) and quit game faster.
For old players you just prolonged boring story mode - because everyone push to maps anyways.
And this league HC players will suffer a lot, probably even quit the HC for one league, until figure out new builds to keep up with new difficulty.

So from now on, we all pushed to play meta builds to buy more celestial mtx. Nice!
Last edited by SkiesfOfArcadia on Dec 2, 2019, 1:13:45 AM
egh, I'm pretty glad this game avoids making things easier, but what's the point of making early game content PoE-beta days harder? We're well past those bosses, maps are where the fun and challenge should be, people shouldn't have to worry about Act 1 killing them

I mean they're still probably pretty easy but new friends I show this game to die enough early on already. They were always surprised how much more they die than in Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn, guess now they'll be even more surprised
Lol people expect uber elder level difficulty on act bosses. Good luck new players then.

Entry level difficulty should be easy so that new players dont feel cheated emmidietly. Slow, well telegraphed and heavy hitting attacks should be the way to go for most bosses in acts in my opinion. Force a playthrough of the first campaign, have that one be rather easy and then push difficulty in the second campaign for people that want challenge. Just an idéa how to do it better for new players.
Last edited by Walltrigger on Dec 2, 2019, 1:41:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info