Boss Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Sounds good, hope you stick to you guns on this and don't scale them back when there is whining.

It has been lame how completely unchallenging and undangerous you let so many of the story mode boss fights become. Even on league starts I don't think I've used a single life flask once on Dominus since Fall of Oriath came out.

I really wish you would restore the Piety fight to what it was back in the day. It has been so weak since you redid the arena.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Rip new player with 0 prior gameplay experience
🥓🔥🥓🔥BACON'S BOSS KILLING SERVICE!🔥🥓🔥🥓
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2640995/page/1
Before watching the vid: Okay, some of the early map bosses are a bit too easy. These should be some interesting changes.

After watching the vid: What the actual **** is wrong with you people? Why would you make the tedious and boring part of the game take LONGER!?
They need to answer to power creep.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.
I'm not a super huge fan of these 'you get to land one hit every 5 seconds' types of fights, in the early acts.

If I wanted to play that style, I'd choose a high burst damage bow class, instead of a channeling class...oh wait...I see what you're doing there. *facepalm*

I know a lot of work goes into new content. And we all appreciate it, especially considering this is free-to-play.
It would just be nice if 90% of the players didn't feel forced into one specific play style each league.
Last edited by SatosPoE on Dec 1, 2019, 11:14:46 PM
I watched the video what actually changed? It looks like you can just no diff the bosses even faster now as long as you do not stand in melee range...oh i get it now.

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
I’m all for more difficult bosses. It’s too bad the 4.0 changes to the gem system are so far away. It would be nice if gear wasn’t so limiting to leveling builds.
Say good bye to all non meta skills.
Even faster gb than ever.

Also, loot tables from bosses impoved too? Huh? Some are still having hope. Arenas larger? And can have actually some space to kite? Less uber aoe coverig whole arenas? No more dmg spikes killing everything including 70k hp minions in oneshot?

Looking forward to see the bosses worth doing.
"
mucker wrote:
Sounds good, hope you stick to you guns on this and don't scale them back when there is whining.

It has been lame how completely unchallenging and undangerous you let so many of the story mode boss fights become. Even on league starts I don't think I've used a single life flask once on Dominus since Fall of Oriath came out.

I really wish you would restore the Piety fight to what it was back in the day. It has been so weak since you redid the arena.

You mean when Piety could one shot you off screen?
My hopes the bosses won't just see their damage buffed and be done with it, like most of times. I'm so sick and tired of all "making it more challenging" promises turning into more 1-shots and some additional attack/spell covering 95% of arena space and killing you unless you find that small safe place in the midst of skill effects crazyness.
Oh yeah, how about making boss fight less stroboscopic before anything. It may make fights easier, but at the same far less infuriating and confusing, improving satisfaction from said encounters. Because in my vision, that is what you are after, with all these changes. Right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info