Boss Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

you call it a changes? what changes?
mele gonna cry more
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan
Personally, I'd much rather they give the bosses 10x more HP so that we get to play the game and see the mechanics.

Also remove one shots as all that makes you do is load up on damage so that you can kill the boss as quickly as possible before the RNG one shot comes.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Dec 2, 2019, 2:09:17 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Fix the game - optimize the code!

Just wait for 4.0
"Try not to die until you're dead"
nice gona get stun locked by brutus :D:D:D:D:D
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
A harder game is not what I want.

I want an easier game. Or at least an easy mode option.

These changes may be the final straw for me.:-(

if the game gets any easier then it is currently they only challenge left will be to try playing while blindfolded and being forced to use your offhand for your mouse. currently theres almost no threat left except for oneshots to balance for insta logout.

Maybe for you.

I've been playing since closed beta and never got past low yellow tier maps. I just dont have the reflexes or mechanical dexterity required. And now they are making it even more bullet hell like.

You have to be the worst player in history if you have been playing for like 8 years and still can't get out of low yellows.

My mom is 70+ years old and can do it. No joke.

I didn't notice any real changes to the encounters am I missing something? They didn't seem harder or easier or different. Plus who knows what level the char is playing.
"
Chameleon wrote:
I've been playing since closed beta and never got past low yellow tier maps. I just dont have the reflexes or mechanical dexterity required. And now they are making it even more bullet hell like.

That misconception is almost as common as the one that you need good reflexes for fighting games.

And you don't, in fighting games 90% of the work is teaching your brain to immediately go for the best option when a certain situation comes up and, of course, not to panic. It doesn't benefit all that much from how fast your fingers will press the buttons after that, unless you're at the top level of pro gaming where every little counts, most players aren't. PoE is similar to that, 90% of the work is done in Path of Building.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 2, 2019, 2:21:58 AM
A Million Ways to Die in the West - melee edition
Second-class poe gamer
Make MINOTAUR great again ))
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Personally, I'd much rather they give the bosses 10x more HP so that we get to play the game and see the mechanics.

Also remove one shots as all that makes you do is load up on damage so that you can kill the boss as quickly as possible before the RNG one shot comes.

This, the entire game is all F out of balance.

POE has builds that do 80k damage and builds that do DPS measured in Shapers Per Second.

Because the game is so out of wack balance wise we've got all these one-shot mechanics built in to bosses to make things challenging.

It is pretty simple logic to follow. The higher the DPS the fewer amount of one shot attacks one has to successfully dodge. Defensive stats are useless because of the one shot mechanics. Skill points put into defense are completely wasted. So load up on DPS and blow the boss away before it one shots.

And by adding to the health pool of bosses without removing the one shot mechanics they are just going to make things worse. The first thing I'm going to do is drop any remaining defensive skill points, drop some health nodes, and throw them into DPS.

The game has become nothing more than a quick draw western.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info